Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Easy question keep the Crystals or not
Keep Them 165 74.66%
Ditch Them 32 14.48%
Moo 24 10.86%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2018, 11:28 AM

radiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Crystal girls at great , they train hard and love their job. have met some of them in the past and they are great. I suppose they will gradually fade out like many attractions but in no way can what they do be seen as comparable to the events in London recently
Old 09-02-2018, 12:39 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
Thereís lots of things that arenít necessary at a football match. For example, is it necessary for fans to drink copious amounts of beer before, during and after a game? Is it necessary to abuse the oppositions players / fans? Is it necessary for people to have a cigarette at half time?

The world would be a boring place if things were only done out of necessity.
Cheeeleaders are an American tradition, which Palace copied in what, the 90s?. Not sure how that can be compared to the drinking culture, having a fag at half time and abusing the opposition, which have been parts of English football for anywhere between 50-150 years
Old 09-02-2018, 01:10 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
They hate pretty women too.
Didn't realise they made a sequel....
Old 09-02-2018, 01:47 PM

dogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
What point are you demonstrating? That you donít think any blokes in Selhurst stare at the crystals, and itís wrong to say they do?
I know I do when I'm at a game. They're attractive young women. I know that makes me a hypocrite as well (kind of). Its not their 'dazzling dance displays and routines' either.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:59 PM

MAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Crystal Girls and Boys.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:32 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Cheeeleaders are an American tradition, which Palace copied in what, the 90s?. Not sure how that can be compared to the drinking culture, having a fag at half time and abusing the opposition, which have been parts of English football for anywhere between 50-150 years
Oh ok. I didnít realise this was about upholding traditions. In fact, I thought this was more about ways becoming outdated??
Old 10-02-2018, 12:40 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
Oh ok. I didn’t realise this was about upholding traditions. In fact, I thought this was more about ways becoming outdated??
Meh, it’s about whatever you want it to be, this thread is a mess For what it’s worth, I don’t think the crystals are outdated.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 10-02-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:35 AM

Dalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's an interesting question. Ultimately this reflects a society's attitude towards the roles it expects women and men to play, and where the boundary lines are to be drawn.

In ancient Rome, people like us (plebs) would go and watch gladiators fight to the death. Probably at some point some pressure group pointed out that such activity was "a bit off" and maybe a lot of traditionalists complained vociferously, but that spectacle eventually died out. I wonder if they ever had cheerleaders.

In Spain, they have bullfighting. That also seems a funny way to enjoy one's weekend to me, put some people must enjoy the "matchday experience".

In the US, when I was at university there the cheerleaders got free scholarships - it was a way into university for attractive but not so rich or not so intelligent young ladies. I assume that is still the case. That has been their norm. In fact, men were (are?) cheerleaders as well, mainly picking the girls up and tossing them around.

In Pakistan, you would not expect to see a cheerleader anywhere. But in India, they are very popular at the IPL - every time a boundary is hit they do their dancing. But you won't see an Indian cheerleader exposing flesh like that - the ladies have to be westerners.

It's all about what we call the "matchday experience". None of us really go to the football to watch 22 men kicking a football around, much as they did the previous week and much as they will do the following week. Just like a typical Roman didn't go to watch a gladiator kill another man. Or just like a Russian aristocrat didn't go the ballet to watch a bloke prancing around on stage.

People go to be with other people, behave like other people and interact with them according to the social norms. Years ago that would have been smoking on the terraces and maybe getting in a bit of "bovver" with the Old Bill or the opposition fans. None of this is acceptable these days, but we still go to "the football", same as people do all around the world. The football itself only serves as a nucleus around which everything else revolves.

BTW, apparently dancing started off as more of a male thing than a female thing, in the days when the men hunted and the women gathered. Men would dance to show off their athleticism at ceremonies, and the women would do more of the ogling, using the opportunity to choose a suitable mate. Somehow that all got reversed. I wonder if there is a society in the world these days where men are cheerleaders at women's sport competitions.

In terms of this poll, I am in the Moo camp but I think the club should hold a poll. If the members of our society like the cheerleaders and want to see them continue, and the girls themselves want to continue, then why not let it carry on until the country's mood changes so markedly that such activity gets banned? I don't think these girls are even getting paid are they?
Old 10-02-2018, 04:12 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Hope you can open this link:

To view the link you have to Register or Login