Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 01-04-2011, 05:41 AM
Green man

OldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The imagined Village - this is the tops. (Originally posted by SW16girl on another thread on folk!)

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-04-2011, 06:26 AM

Biggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is here
Oh Well thats my day sorted, I shall work my way through these today.

ROLL ON DEATH !!
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 01-04-2011, 07:22 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
The person who introduced me to Imagined Village also mentioned the group Show of Hands to me recently - again I was blown away by them. This is Roots. Great tune great lyrics

I am sorry I can't seem to do the embed thing - I put the text into it and all I get is a white screen on preview.

And a minister said his vision of hell
Is three folk singers in a pub near Wales
Well, I've got a vision of urban sprawl
There's pubs where no-one ever sings at all

And everyone stares at a great big screen
Overpaid soccer stars, prancing teens
Australian soap, American rap
Estuary English, baseball caps

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis

Last edited by sw16girl; 01-04-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 24-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought i'd revive this folk thread with a cover of Richard Thompson's Beeswing also recently covered by Paolo Nutini but I just love this version by Roy Bailey. Love the story.

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 24-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post

I am sorry I can't seem to do the embed thing...
Old 24-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
Thought i'd revive this folk thread with a cover of Richard Thompson's Beeswing also recently covered by Paolo Nutini but I just love this version by Roy Bailey. Love the story.
I like Christy's version better.

Old 24-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is worth posting all 28mins 15secs, I doubt Sandy Denny will ever be eclipsed..... just simply sublime.

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 28-10-2013, 01:29 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 20-11-2013, 10:43 AM
sheeps

dbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
oops

Last edited by dbutler; 20-11-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 20-11-2013, 10:44 AM
sheeps

dbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedbutler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 20-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Pills wont help you now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbutler View Post
Martha Tilston is fantastic. Thanks for that!

Looks like a festival from the 70s.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Pills wont help you now

One of my folk faves

Old 01-12-2013, 09:18 PM

salad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesalad fan club : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by daz_eagle View Post
Listening to Midlake's new compilation album (which is very folky and an obvious nod of the head to their biggest influences) compelled me to share a couple of their picks, and ask others for contributions - rare or possibly unknown folk that should be better known....

First, obscure Dutch folk from Jan Duindam

Espers with Caroline

...and one from the brilliant Sandy Denny

I like Midlake and I like folk but I wouldn't describe Midlake as folk they are more mellow indy to me.

Anyway they have a new album out and they are playing live in feb , I'll be there
Old 01-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceBhoy View Post
Only seen them once, supporting Martyn Joseph, but they were great!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Magnificent moustache

the elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
This is worth posting all 28mins 15secs, I doubt Sandy Denny will ever be eclipsed..... just simply sublime.
I came across the clips of this BBC appearance a couple of years ago and immediately bought one of the box sets of her work. A fabulous singer and underrated songwriter.

I love this by her band Fotheringay.

And this by Fairport Convention.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Magnificent moustache

the elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I also find myself from time to time coming back to these two video's of Alasdair Roberts.

and

I actually prefer them over the album versions.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:02 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
OK. Three folky albums in a row that I own.

Last edited by Stellavista; 04-12-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:04 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Old 04-12-2013, 04:06 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Old 04-12-2013, 04:15 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet