Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion » Questions to CPFC2010

Notices

Questions to CPFC2010 Archive of questions previously answered by the club

Old 12-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old Questions to CPFC2010 (Closed thread)

Questions to CPFC2010 ** QUESTIONS ONLY ** Summary on Page 1 updated 25 May 2011 (Thanks to Barbara)

Note:

This thread is open, so anyone may post questions here. However, the thread will be monitored by the Moderators and only sensible questions (i.e. not comments, thanks and discussion etc) will be permitted to remain. Other posts may be deleted.

CPFC2010 have specifically requested that questions involving matters which might be privileged or confidential (such as Player contracts) should not be asked.

Clearly there are other questions which CPFC2010 may not be prepared to answer. Additionally, I am sure that everyone will appreciate that having owners who are prepared to answer any questions at all is a privilege, and one that should not be abused. People should not expect an immediate response. There may well be periods when, for various reasons, quick replies cannot be given.

NOTE: SENSIBLE QUESTIONS ONLY - no comments or discussion please! Any posts not following these guidelines WILL BE REMOVED

Discussion and comments may be posted in To view the link you have to Register or Login.

Barbara4003 has kindly prepared a summary of the Questions and Answers to date, and these appear below.

We will do our best to keep the summary up to date.

Please review the summary before posting, to avoid duplicate questions.

Thank you.

************************************************** ************************************************** **************
Latest update from Barbara:

27 January - 25 May 2011
************************************************** ******************************
Question from Billy Rhino on 27 January 2011:
I was wondering, how did the Wandle beer sales go on Saturday? I had a pint in the Old Stand and thought it was a letter better than the fosters but not great out of a plastic glass.
Answer from CPFC2010:
Wandle Ale was sold last Saturday in Glaziers, Players, Steve Coppell, Stanley Stephenson, lower tier bar 101 and the Red and Blue Bar as well as Exec boxes and the Boardroom. It sold out in all but Players and Glaziers.
It will be for sale again in those same bars for the Norwich game so get there early and enjoy it, it's delicious!
If (or when) it runs out there will be 500ml btls available in the Red & Blue, Players and Glaziers bars.
We definitely have the best beer in the league!

Question from Mick on 27 January 2011:
Continuing on the beer theme, is there an official closing time for the Red and Blue bar after the game?- We felt somewhat rushed to drink up after the game last Saturday as the staff wanted to pack up, but if the real ale is to be used up, this could be counter productive.Having said that, it's great that some decent ale has now been made available in the stadium.
Answer from CPFC2010:
The Red and Blue Bar will be open until 6pm on Saturday. The red bar closes first and then the blue one. After the match ticket holders from the lower tier are welcome as well as those from the upper tier.

Question from eagles#1 on 4 February 2011:
can you please move the away fans back to their rightful place next season? Slap an extra fiver on season tickets to help pay for it. Many thanks
Answer from CPFC2010:
If we move away fans back to where they were - ie facing block B then the Police will not be happy and we will have to pay to have Police Officers back in the stadium for all matches. That costs A LOT more than £5 per season ticket I can assure you! We want to spend our income wisely - mainly on player transfers and wages. Not on extra policing.
I think the present arrangement works well and just because the away fans are further away it's not made our own fans in the Holmesdale any less vocal.

Follow up from eagles#1 in answer to above question on 4 February 2011:
Well actually, it has. It's shit (As shown in the recent poll). But if money is a bigger problem for you than the atmosphere in the stadium then fair enough.
Incidently, do you really have no choice on how many police are in the stadium? Who decides that we should have a line of police in between the Holmesdale and the Arthur for the Bristol game (Making sure the Holmesdale do not charge the Palace fans in the Arthur) and yet no police at all in a previous home game?
Answer from CPFC2010:
What is shit? If you mean the atmosphere in the Holmesdale then I don't agree with you. If you mean the lack of opportunities for opposing fans to wind each other up then fair enough but it's proven that there are less incidents of violence and abuse if fans are not positioned directly facing each other.
Is money a big problem? Yes of course it is and are you seriously suggesting that we should spend money on extra Police Officers rather than, say, James Vaughan's salary, just so that fans can make wanker signs at each other?
Watford away proves that atmosphere in the stadium has nothing do with where you position home and away fans.
It is the Police who decide on the number of officers required based on the risk category of each game. We are trying to have more and more games with zero Police in the stadium.

Question from GreatGonzo on 4 February 2011:
Have CPFC2010 looked at the history of the orginal team who were founded 150 years ago? Any thoughts of the club commemorating this team in 2011/next season?
Answer from CPFC2010:
I've read the 1861 thread and certainly it would be great to celebrate 150 years of "Crystal Palace" playing football although clearly our club was founded in 1905. It's definitely a major support for our new stadium bid that the park is steeped in football history.

Comment from Palace Rebel re: fans on 4 February 2011:
Palace are lucky to have great vocal fans and Palace will be lucky to have any left in a couple of years.
Response from CPFC2010:
Maybe a slight exaggeration?
We love the atmosphere created by the Holmesdale and particularly in Block B and we want to encourage that. But we have to be aware that stupid little incidents like the throwing of fag lighters at opposition players can have serious implications. It is our legal responsibility to steward the ground to ensure the safety of everyone and clearly there's a fine balance that needs to be achieved. We want everyone to enjoy themselves but can't have people being pushed over and breaking their arms or legs. As I have already said, we are working on reducing or eliminating the need for Police in the stadium but that can only be achieved if the Police see that we can steward fans safely ourselves and there are no incidents of disorder.

Question from Stevek regarding the schools initiative on 4 February 2011:
What is the definition of 'in the area' for this (I'm a governor of a school in Hackbridge).
Answer from CPFC2010:
initially I think that it's all schools in Croydon but if your school would like a visit contact Sharon.lacey@CPFC.co.uk .

Question from BarcaPalace on 4 February 2011:
Will the away fans be back on the other side of the Arthur Waite nearer to the Holmesdale next season?
....60k more a year costs for yourselves of course but wouldnt you agree it makes for a better atmosphere and equaling that a better match-day experiance for the supporter? (majority of)
Answer from CPFC2010:
already answered this on the previous page. Money spent on extra policing is money not spent on the Academy, player wages and transfer fees etc. We didn't put our money into this club to spend it on Police overtime. I think that most fans agree that the current arrangements are practical and sensible. I really don't think that the match day experience is worse because of it.

Various questions answered which were asked between 4 February and 6 March 2011:
Hi All, sorry but Steve P and I have been travelling a lot and haven't had much time to get on the BBS. I have been away in the Far East for 2 weeks and made a journey from Hong Kong to Burnley yesterday - a rare international schedule

Answers to various questions :-

Stadium - this is a long way off of course so preliminary discussions only at the moment, when we get to the design stage there will be consultations and we'll welcome all suggestions

Arthur - Steve and I are personally in favour of unreserved seating in the AW so that the singers can congregate together at the back and the quieter fans can sit together nearer the front. We have a meeting with the Police on March 16th and will do our best. Their concern is of course that this is no confrontation with the away fans which we will try to explain is simply not something that happens in the Arthur.

Hull away - as far as we know there are no plans for this to be moved to Friday. I think that Sky have already chosen the tv games

Forest home - I think the change was because of the grand prix being held on the Sunday and the BBC wanting to show a live game(s) that didn't clash with that. 3 live games will be shown by Sky and the BBC.

Beer Festival - there will be a beer festival on Saturday 14th May at Selhurst Park, more details soon. Tomario and Duncan Sambrook are helping and others have also offered their support via the BBS

Ex Pats - to show your support for the club we would suggest....player sponsorship, membership and especially buying Palace Player. Our highlights package for the Reading game is 40 minutes long and we can do this (and more - even the full 90 mins if there is interest) for every game. We can't show anything from a Saturday game until after midnight Sunday I believe.

Barnsley game - the £10 deal is open to all season ticket holders and you can buy as many as you like. This is a thank you to our loyal season ticket holders who we hope will bring family and friends. If you don't have a season ticket you probably know someone who does. If not, I'm sure that a kind BBSer will help.

Question from BulletEagle on 6 March 2011:
Wouldn't more people go if the beer festival was on a match day?
Answer from CPFC2010:
I don't think we have the space to do it on match days - too many lager drinkers in the way
It's cup final day so we can have that on the tvs as a background to the serious drinking

Question from ice_man30 on 8 March 2011:
My wife and I have just applied for the olymic2012 tickets and noticed that kids under 16 will only pay there age, so 12 yr old will pay £12 etc. Do you think this is something that could be carried out at palace, it may just encourage people to bring the younger members on a more reg basis tather than waiting for kids for a quite day?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Nice gimmick but I don't see why a 12 year old should pay more than a 7 year old (for example). Also it would be impractical to operate unless kids had ID cards to check their ages. Having said that ,I have carried in all 4 of my kids on my shoulders or in my arms when they were under 5. Maybe I shouldn't say that but I don't think that you need to pay for very little kids as long as they sit on your lap.

Question from palace_burger on 4 May 2011:
Now the season is drawing to a close and we are safe from the drop can we expect a CPFC2010 Q&A session on here? It would be awesome to have your thoughts on the season and any clues to what you are planning for the coming years.
Answer from CPFC2011:
The best place for that is the Fans Forum on 20th May in the Marquee on the pitch. You can ask questions to Dougie, Lennie, Steve P and Martin (as well as me).

Question from Kirby on 4 May 2011:
Just a query regarding season tickets. I'm a student, but as I'm 26 apparently I don't qualify for a student season ticket. Can you please explain why?
I've been paying adult prices for the last decade or so, and never qualified for a student concession as I went straight into work from school.
I feel it's a little unfair that now I'm in full time education I don't qualify for this concession, simply because I'm a little older. I've had my season ticket for 16 years and assumed once I started my university course I would finally get a discount. For me the gap between paying £195 and £400 could make all the difference
Answer from CPFC2010:
Sorry Kirby but rules is rules. Unfortunately if you are aged between 24 and 60 you have to pay adult price. I know it's tough if you are a student but it's hard for the unemployed and poorly paid too. Sadly we have to run CPFC as a business and already concessions and juniors nake up nearly half of all season tickets sold.

Question from Always an Eagle on 4 May 2011:
Steve, could the club see if there is a co out there willing to sponsor free/heavily discounted S/T for kids? Also I appreciate the kid/adult sharing concept but is there any scope for, say as a starting point, under 10's Saturday only S/T? Just out of interest are all our free seats available online or are some held back for reasons etc
Answer from CPFC2010:
I think that at £85 per season (£3.69 per game) the kids season tickets are already heavily discounted and a fantastic deal compared to other forms of entertainment. Hard to think that they need further subsidy....
Not sure how the box office systems work, sorry.
I really don't think that people forking out £15-20,000 per season for a box (likle me for example) want to be above the away fans. If I pay a premium for my seat I want to be with/above fellow Palace fans

Question from ChristalPalace on 4 May 2011:
Steve, where do we stand on the potential QPR points deduction with regards to the extra Warnock compensation of a reported £200k for them being promoted this season or next? If they are deducted enough points to fall into the play-offs and then lose, do we lose out on that money? Technically, they have been promoted now...
Answers seems obvious, but could the club have a claim that regardless of QPR cheating (or not, as the case may be) to get promotion and being caught, they owe Palace that extra compensation anyway?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Well it seems to be public knowledge that part of the package that allowed QPR to employ our contracted manager was an additional payment if they were promoted. The figure quoted is not wrong.....
It's certainly good news for CPFC financially if Mr Warnock achieves promotion and if that is thwarted by a points deduction as a result of a something that happened before he joined QPR well, that's one for the lawyers..... It would be inappropriate for us to comment at this stage.
I have every confidence in Mr Ian Mill QC.

Question by Archiebald Leitch on 4 May 2011:
Last season there was 10% discount for new season ticket holders introduced by a current season ticket holder. (I managed to get 3 lapsed ST holders to buy.) Is this offer open again? I have four folks umming and ahhing to buy a ST or not. I think an additional 10% could swing it. You know how people like to think they are getting something for nothing. (Yes I know discounted prices have been held.)
Answer from CPFC2010:
I think that we all know that in the past there were too many discounts given and long term deals sold which damaged our club.
The current deal is Jan/Feb prices held till end May which is, I think, a 10% discount at least.
Tell your mates that umming and ahhing is not good enough and they need to have regular seats at Selhurst next season!!

Comment from Ralph regarding moving away fans to WH on 4 May 2011:
In fairness you could have any bloody seat in the stadium....and you paid a lot more for it than £20k
Answer from CPFC2010:
ha ha. I do actually have a nice seat in the stadium (and it did cost me a hell of a lot more than £20k !!!).
But I do also pay for an exec box (as does Martin Long) and I thing that my friends and colleagues who use it would not enjoy the Selhurst atmosphere so much if they had to sit above the away fans.

Question from PeterH on 5 May 2011:
Did you catch this gem from the end of the SJ on talsport thread:

"his bosom buddy at The Mirror is tweeting that CPFC 2010 are actively hawking the club around to potential new buyers."

some joker at the Mirror claiming to be the chief sports editor
Answer from CPFC2010:
That is complete and utter bollocks. Don't worry about that. We may have been reluctant buyers originally, only stepping in because no-one else would, but we absolutely love owning Palace. CPFC is not for sale. No way.

Question from Nelson Muntz on 5 May 2011:
Did you 4 know each other before admin?
What was your relationship with each other pre ownership?
Answer from CPFC2010:
I had never met any of the other 3 and nor had Jeremy. Martin knew Steve going back to when he sponsored the front of the shirts (Churchill) and Steve sponsored the backs of the shirts (Tag). Our common bond was that we have all been Palace fans since we were little kids and were all brought up in South London. Plus we fortunately each had a bit of money....

Question from Trev Out on 6 May 2011:
Is there any chance that the players lounge could get all the tvs working and showing the half time scores or sky sports news at half time.
Answer from CPFC2010:
Yes, that is on a list of things to sort out before the start of next season

Question from Ant.Palace on 6 May 2011:
Are you planning a Palace open day in the summer like we used to have?
Answer from CPFC2010:
No plans for an open day as such but we are trying to get a home pre-season friendly against Premier League opposition (not confirmed yet) that would be like a family fun day

Question from Billy Rhino on 6 May 2011:
At the risk of repeating myself (though I do feel invisible sometimes!), are there any plans to improve the Arthur Wait facilities for next season?
I honestly think some positive news (e.g. Wandle beer for sale or the toilets getting a refurb) could help improve Arthur Wait ST sales. In fact, are there any plans to improve the stadium in general? I'm not talking large investment but just basic improvements to the facilities until we eventually move to the CP park (if at all).
Answer from CPFC2010:
There are plans for little improvements here and there but no major refurbs as the long-term aim is still to move to the park.
Unfortunately the Arthur is not suitable for serving the real ale and the catering there is not run by our own people.
I think we have to accept that fans in the Arthur get a great view of the pitch but fairly poor facilities. Sorry !
PS - and I know that the AW fans are long-suffering and had to move for Millwall and Leeds. We are going to make it up to them for Forest. Watch out for news on this in the next hour.......

Question from Bobby Smith on 6 May 2011:
Can casual fans like me expect an increase in matchday prices? Or will you hold them at current levels? If you don't know, when will you make a decision? Secondly, I seem to recall one of the consortium coming on here commending Cardiff for winning Family Club of the Year and mentioning that they have 6,000 junior season ticket holders. Did you also notice that their season tickets for next year start at £11 for Under 9s (48 pence per game)? Not saying we should do precisely that but have you given any thought to a more flexible pricing strategy for kids or family groups?
Answer from CPFC2010:
£11 a season is amazing. I think that our £85 (£3.69 a game is a great deal) and adults can use the kids ticket on school nights...
I don't think that there are any plans to raise match day prices, but this has not been discussed yet. Season ticket prices are definitely held till end May.

Question from eagle mart on 6 May 2011:
I know Steve P had a few chats with Uncle Ron, prior to purchasing Palace. Do any of you still converse with him? Does he have any role at Palace at all – even as an associate Director (that scheme you’re running), or does he stay away like Jordan does?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Ron came to Boro away and has been to 2 or 3 home games. He has no involvement at all but has given some advice. Simon, (who I have never met) has not been to any Palace games this season as far as I know. I'd like to meet him one day.

Question from bowers on 6 May 2011:
Have you thought about supplementing the family days in future with some kind of merchandise give away rather than just making the kids tickets free or 1 pound each? Out here in sunny California, U.S. sports teams do a give away item at some games - a hat/flag/t-shirt etc etc. The items don't need to be official/expensive and you can let a sponsor put their logo all over it to help pay for it - but it has the beauty of letting the kids take something home with them after the game, which gives a greater chance of converting new potential fan into life long fan. Just two family give away days a year to the first 8,000 fans through the turnstyles would make a huge difference and give you a massive marketing opprtunity.
Answer from CPFC2010:
We have done and will be doing merchandise give-aways at family days. This included posters, badges, stickers, bags etc
We are very much aware of the need to get the under 10s hooked on Palace ...just like all 4 of us were 40 years ago!

Answer from CPFC2010 regarding police numbers at games on 16 May 2011:
Regarding Police numbers we try to get them as low as possible (because it costs us a lot of money). The more games with zero Police the better but that depends on their risk assessment which in turn depends on the behaviour of both home and away fans. It is not up to us. If we keep making progress on that front the better, but the smoke bomb at Cov, bottles at QPR and lighters v Watford did not help.

Answer from CPFC2010 regarding Pre-season friendlies on 25 May 2011:
Pre-season friendlies....

Dougie is on a very well deserved holiday. Lennie is trying to finalise friendlies for both First Team and Club X1. Nearly there I think, but not quite.
The communications dept are working absolutely flat out with all the marquee events. I bet Terry's hardly been home for a week. Give them a few more days and we'll come up with a proper list. Leave it to me, I'll post it as soon as I know.

Question from movingForward on 25 May 2011:
Was there an answer as to why we have to give away the whole AW to away fans on certain games next season like brighton, millwall etc especially if we can fill with our own supporters. Brighton are only going to give us 2.5k why should we give them so many tickets when we could fill the seats with our own supporters??
Answer from CPFC2010:
I'm sure I have answered this before and we did at the fans forum too. There was no game last season where we sold out to Palace fans. It is daft to turn down money from away fans when we have spare seats.
If we can sell out to home fans then we won't give away fans more seats. But that is a big If.... However we do also have to do what the Police tell us regarding segregation and "sterile" areas.
We will put the interests of Palace fans (and of course crowd safety) first.

Question from pauldrulez on 25 May 2011:
Any chance of getting Brighton away on a nice day in early September? Give Dougie a chance to get his best team together, the fans a chance to reunite and then hit them like we did to Reading off-the-pitch last September
Answer from CPFC2010:
Paul, keep writing stuff like that mate and the police will make us give Brighton the whole Arthur and kick off at 11am with all pubs within 5 miles closed afterwards......

James came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Questions to CPFC2010 ** QUESTIONS ONLY ** Summary on Page 1 updated 28 January 2011

Summary 12 January - 14 January

Question from BulletEagle on 12 January 2011:
Does Dougie have players lined up to approach/put bids for in positions where we are thin in the next day or so, or is he assessing his squad options?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Yes, Dougie has a list. It’s clear to him where the team needs strengthening (another striker, a left back etc etc) and he’s on the case.

Question from 100% Palace on 12 January 2011
Why was the club shop shut over the Xmas period but the ticket office open? Strikes me as odd, seeing that those buying tickts (for Millwall in particular) are its target market.
Answer from CPFC2010:
Don't know but we don't run it directly. I think Millwall tickets were sold out by Xmas anyway

Question from GrayP41ace on 12 January 2011
Have the last few days dealings regarding Eddie Howe, swayed your opinion to go with Dougie and almost become your first choice (him being young, having an affinity with the club and wants to succeed here as much as any fan would) or was he always going to be your second choice as you already knew he had the qualities you were looking for?
Answer from CPFC2010:
I think that we interviewed 10 managers altogether but Dougie was ALWAYS on the short list from day one. He may lack managerial experience but that is clearly more than made up by his huge affinity for the club and knowledge of the current squad.

Question from Beckenham Boy on 12 January 2011:
Great minds think about Wandle beer
Answer from CPFC2010:
Wandle Beer is very close to my heart. The problem is that we have to buy it "bright" - ie decanted off the sediment. It needs to be sold straight away and cannot be kept. So, basically we have to be sure to sell out or it goes down the drain. I thought that we were going to put some in the Lower Holmesdale too as well as a couple of bars in the main stand. Will check.

Question from kolinkins on 12 January 2011:
How involved will Dougie be in selecting as assistant/older head? Or will it be CPFC2010's decision (for what it's worth [not a lot to the owners!!!], I think it should be the manager's call otherwise it's a shadow in the background lurking to take over)
Answer by CPFC2010:
Dougie has chosen his "older head(s)", his choice completely. He's hoping to have some support very soon.

Question from Beckenham Boy on 12 January 2011:
Can we get Wandle in the Lower Holmsdale soon please?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Good News - draught Wandle Ale will be available before the game against Bristol City in the Red and Blue bar, Holmesdale lower, Glaziers, Players and Stephenson. Get there early as it does tend to run out quickly!

We are instigating stocking bottles so that if the draught runs out there will still be good beer available.

Question from Webbo on 12 January 2011:
Are we allowed to ask who else you interviewed?
Answer from CPFC2010:
As you can appreciate it would be wrong to comment on this. I think that there were 50 serious applications and 10 people were interviewed.

Question from Eighty Five on 12 January 2011:
Is it in anyway possible to stay at Selhurst Park or are CPFC2010 still looking to relocate? If relocating is the only option, have you an area in mind?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Ideally we would like to return "home" to the park or redevelop Selhurst. We are Crystal Palace so moving outside the area is an option that we don't wish to consider.

Question from Camberley Eagle on 12 January 2011:
At this point, what would constitute success for you this season in terms of a final league position?
Answer from CPFC2010:
There's nothing wrong with 4th from bottom this season but we are better than that really aren't we? This season was always going to be difficult with all the changes but now is the time to look upwards.

Question from maxpower on 12 January 2011:
How did the players react to Dougie being appointed manager? Do you think we need more than 2 signings?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Dougie is very popular and respected by the players. We would expect considerably more than 2 signings in the window but that is up to Dougie

Question from HolmesdaleNomad on 12 January 2011:
Is it possible to give any sort of flavour to the 50 serious applications? How many currently employed managers applied? How many from abroad? Ex Palace players? Big names? That sort of thing.
Answer from CPFC2010:
Seriously there's no way that we can comment on who applied for the manager's position. Can confirm that Mr Mourinho's application appears to have been lost in the post. No more questions on this please.

Question from Sp1Eagle on 12 January 2011:
Will you be going on the Palace on Tour day to Coventry?

pauldrulez responded:
I can help answer this.

Steve B is helping out with some publicity for it.

I'd imagine he will be in attendance as with most games.
CPFC2010 followed that response with:
We missed Scunthorpe away for Martin's 60th birthday party otherwise we have been to every game this season. We will certainly be at Cov again and looking forward to a big turnout of Palace fans. We got to meet Geoff Thomas at Cov last Saturday. Top bloke and even 17 Years after he left, still a big Palace supporter. He was very impressed by the support.

Question from Lord Flange on 12 January 2011:
Are we likely to have a clear idea of where we will build a new ground or if we will stay at Selhurst by the summer?
Answer from CPFC2010:
By this summer? No. These things take time. I'm sure we'll be at Selhurst for the next 4 or 5 years at the least.

Question from jason smint (in relation to the ‘ideally we would like to return “home” to the park’ comment in an earlier answer) on 12 January 2011:
What are the chances of it becoming a reality?
Answer from CPFC2010:
It's a massive challenge but Steve Parish wants it and when Steve wants something - it usually happens. Martin, Jeremy and I are right behind him because we are Crystal Palace and in an ideal world that's where we should be.

Question from cpfc@eastbourne on 12 January 2011:
How have you found running the club as a fan? Have you found it more difficult than you thought with some of the decisions that you have had to make? Trying to have a separate business head must be difficult at times or had you made some sort of rules to help you through?
Answer from CPFC2010:
We are all totally obsessed Palace fans so it's difficult to be disciplined about it. But, we have seen previous owners fail so we are determined to make this club successful yet to live within its means. We have a budget that we will try very hard to stick to. History has shown us that splashing the cash on big transfers has rarely been beneficial to CP anyway so we will continue to run the club with our business heads and our Palace hearts.

Question from NYEagle on 12 January 2011:
Is Jeremy a Palace fan or just someone you (CPFC2010) know that wanted to help in saving the club?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Jeremy is a Palace fan and has been all his life but he's a very busy man and is always travelling round the world so doesn't attend a lot of games. He is an equal partner and a rock solid part of CPFC2010. Martin, Steve P and I have all been fanatical Palace fans since we were little kids and were all brought up within a few miles of Selhurst.

Question from nickkris on 12 January 2011:
Previously, Steve P has intimated that a move to, say, somewhere near the M25 might be an option you guys would reluctantly have to consider. So you are pretty much ruling that out?
Answer from CPFC2010:
That would be a last resort but I think and hope very very unlikely

Question from thedeacs on 12 January 2011:
Was the cheerleaders idea a joint idea between all of you?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Sharon Lacey (our new marketing manager) deserves most of the credit for this. Steve Parish's original idea I think but if his wife is reading the BBS maybe I got that wrong...

Question from SamuelCPFC on 12 January 2011:
What is being done to publicise the ‘Palace on Tour Day’? Is it possible to advertise it in matchday programmes and on the jumbotron screen?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Yes, we've arranged to publicise it in the programme. Paul has been in touch about this and we are of course right behind this. Palace's away support has always been fantastic despite all the ups and downs over the years.

Question from Always an Eagle on 12 January 2011:
How many 2011/12 season tickets have been sold so far?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Regarding 2011/12 season tickets, we have (again) decided to honour all long term season tickets that were bought from the previous regime. There are about 1800 of these remaining which provide zero income for CPFC 2010. As we've said before, it would be great if people with these tickets could buy another one, sponsor a player or support the new ownership in any way that they can.

We have actually sold only 4000 season tickets so far for next season which I personally find a bit disappointing. The good news is that we have extended the November/December price offer until the Bristol City game on January 22nd to give everyone a chance to buy at the opening prices. There are several thousand people who have not renewed so if you know anyone who hasn't, get nagging...

Question from A Wooden Fish on Wheels on 13 January 2010:
Is that 4000 paying customers – i.e. not including the 1800 long term?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Yes, 4000 paying customers. Hope you've got yours....

Question from milky87 on 13 January 2011:
Can I ask why it took the site so long to tell us about Swansea away not being pay on the day? I am travelling to Swansea I have no way of getting a ticket before the day so if I do not get in I will not be happy.

The ticket news for away games should be easier to check on cpfc.co.uk
Answer from CPFC2010:
I have looked into this with Mandy in the Box Office.

Swansea only confirmed to us on Tuesday that tickets will not be for sale on the day to Palace fans and need to be bought in advance. However anyone ordering a ticket from the CP box office who is unable to collect it, can have it delivered to Swansea on the coach. Traffic permitting they will be there 1 hour before kick off. So, if you need a Swansea ticket you can get one even if you phone Mandy and her team as late as tomorrow afternoon.

Question from Ruskin Old Boy on 13 January 2011:
As a long term season ticket holder I welcome that decision. I bought another season ticket, have renewed it for next season, and sponsor one of the players. My question is related to the latter, the shirts were promised by Christmas but didn't arrive. Are they going to be sent out without having to ask friends with contacts at the club to get them sent (which is what happened last season)?
Answer from CPFC2010:
We've been promised that Shirts will be sent out to sponsors by the end of the month.

Question from Latvian Eagle on 13 January 2011:
Are you guys familiar with the REMF Charity game between Brighton Supporters and Palace Supporters usually taking place around April/May each year? Is there more the club can do to help promote this brilliant charity, and will you chaps now I’ve brought it to your attention be making a donation?
Answer from CPFC2010:
No, yes and yes. Send us a pm about this and we will look into it.

Question from hayeseagle38 on 13 January 2011:
Regards re-locating to a new venue or upgrading Selhurst Park, and it being used for things other than football to bring in revenue. I visited the O2 arena twice last year for concerts and the main thing that struck me was the chaos after the event in being able to get seated for something to eat in the many restaurants around the arena. What i thought was if a new venue (or even SP somehow) were to somehow replicate this (albeit on a smaller scale) then surely people would fill these restaurants not just only on match day but if it had many of the well known 'branded' eateries within the stadium people would use these restaurants on a regular basis with possibly a view of the pitch. People will always find the spare cash to go out to eat no matter what the current economic climate may be. Just a thought, probably totally unrealistic but worth looking into?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Don't worry we aware of what we need to do. It's a massive task but we are working on it. It will be very difficult to do this at Selhurst so relocation (nearby) to a purpose built stadium would be the ideal solution.

Question from se1eagle on 13 January 2011:
On 4th Jan Steve Parish said:-

"I want Dougie to make it difficult for me. He is inexperienced - that's a fact. Given the situation that we're in you've got to ask yourself is it the right time?"

The implication seems to be that you felt it was not the right time, given the situation that we're in. What changed your mind?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Maybe Steve P should answer this one but I will have a go. SB

Well we all love Dougie, there's absolutely no doubt about that. His commitment to Palace is 100%. I suppose that our concern was that he was too inexperienced as a manager - otherwise he'd have got the job last summer. This time round he's had 6 months working under George. There has been a lot of thought on this in the last week and basically he convinced us that yes, he is ready and it is the right time. Nobody has ever wanted to be the manager of Crystal Palace more than Dougie Freedman did and if commitment and passion count for anything then we've chosen the right man.
We are delighted that he is our manager.

Question from Dorking.Eagle on 13 January 2011:
Would you still want to move to the Park if it meant having a running track around the pitch there?
Answer from CPFC2010:
If we were to move to the park we would like it to be a total redevelopment and none of us likes the idea of watching football with a running track in the way.

Question from thedeacs on 13 January 2011:
I am playing in the football aid at selhurst this year and cannot wait to be honest scoring the winner at selhurst!!! Are you aware of this event and if so will you be there and can you make sure the legends that play are legends, that is all??? I want a lombardo and not a Craig Foster!
Answer from CPFC2010:
They don't get any more legendary than the Doug

Question from milky87 on 13 January 2011:
We all love Dougie (me probably more than anyone, just look at my avatar) and would love nothing more than for him to suceed (and I think he will). If the unthinkable ever happened and you realised it wasn't working would it be the hardest decision you would have ever had to make to let him go?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Yes!

Deciding to buy Palace - when no-one else wanted to - wasn't that easy either, but we didn't have any other option on that one!

Question from JonProgrammeSeller on 13 January 2011:
Do you get annoyed with some parts of the media still saying that we are a club with little money??

I say that after reading Peter Beagrie's verdict on Sky Sports Website about Dougie's appointment.
Answer from CPFC2010:
Well at least they've stopped calling us "Cash-strapped Crystal Palace" now. It'll be nice when we aren't "Relegation-threatened Crystal Palace" too.

As Palace fans know, we are now one of the few clubs that is not in debt and which the owners are attempting to run in a viable and sustainable manner. There is money to spend if Dougie needs it, but we well not be "putting everything on red" in a desperate attempt to gain promotion. Plenty of clubs have thrown money that they don't have on big transfers whereas Blackpool were actually promoted last season on a lower budget than ours.

Question from DaveTheGnome on 13 January 2011:
I see the club as very much a part of Croydon.

Personally I have no pull or have no real sentiment towards the Crystal Palace Park site or area. Can't speak on behalf of other supporters but I would doubt that many of them do either. I don't think that a move to this area fits with the identity of the club these days.

As difficult as it maybe, I think the ideal solution would be to relocate from Selhurst to another site within the London Borough of Croydon.

Have there been any discussions or possible sites identified other than CP park or redevelopment of Selhurst ??
Answer from CPFC2010:
Certainly anywhere in Croydon would be considered but preferably in the Northern part of the borough. It's true that CP Park is in Bromley - but only just.

Question from Billy Rhino on 13 January 2011:
There were many good ideas on previous threads about how to improve things at Palace, like food & drink vouchers or oyster-style cards, the Palace brand, multi-beer dispensers, community involvement including visiting schools, Charlton-style bussing fans in from home counties etc.

As you have now employed a Marketing manager, what plans are there to go ahead with any of these ideas? Could the lady come on here to explain and discuss?

Personally, I think a proper canvass of the local population should be the first step to find out why they dont go to Palace and try to convince them to (i.e. free tickets etc). I also think freezing season tickets and standard admission prices is a must until we start filling the ground a bit more, maybe even reduce the Arthur Wait price to £22 to get more people in it? (I noticed for the Preston game the Lower Holmesdale & Whitehorse ends were full but the Arthur still relatively empty).
Answer from CPFC2010:
Our new Marketing Manager Sharon Lacey is already working on many new ideas. She is more than happy to interact with the fans on the BBS and will set up a CPFCMarketing username and invite suggestions/questions. Many of the points mentioned are being put in place already.

Question from Harry Holmesdale on 14 January 2011:
So you would not be tempted to dip into your own combined wealth at anytime if it was felt it may help with a promotion bid or to stave off relegation?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Yes we would certainly be tempted but it's crucial not to live beyond our means as a club and not repeat the mistakes made in the past.

Updated 22 January 2011

An update from Barbara:
************************************************** ******************************

Summary 17 January - 27 January

Question from RuBuBu Blarbly on 17 January 2011:
Are you finding our current attendances frustrating? Charlton are averaging more than us again this season despite being in a lower division. Would you consider using similar tactics to them and running buses from the south east to games? Do you have other plans in place to drum up more support or mobilise the supporters we have that are not attending?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Attendances and season ticket sales are not great but we do appreciate that times are hard and that those who do come to matches give fantastic support. It can't be denied that the best way to attract people back is to play entertaining winning football and Dougie is working hard on that!

Question from RuBuBu Blarbly on 17 January 2011:
It is widely discussed on these boards that we badly, badly need a defensive / ball-winning midfielder. But when I read interviews about our targets or even just speculation it always seems to be about strikers and left backs. I know that you cannot really comment on transfer targets but can you say whether this is a position where we have solid targets?
Answer from CPFC2010:
We can't really talk about specific transfer targets but Dougie has a list and he's doing all that he can to attract the players that we want. It's no secret that we are after James Vaughan (at the right price) and we are certainly in the Market for a left back and a defensive midfielder in the style of Shaun Derry. Players will be joining us but it takes time. Dougie knows our strengths and weaknesses already and he's on the case....

Question from pauldrulez on 17 January 2011:
NSC:
Pubs attached to the stadium, maybe on each corner
Answer from CPFC2010:
Paul, not sure about pubs in a park or corners in the stadium either, but you can trust me to make sure that there will be good beer in the bars.

The Grape and Grain on Crystal Palace roundabout has a better choice of beer than any pub in South Norwood or Thornton Heath. SB

Question from Walter Wort on 20 January 2011:
Any possibility of terraces at any new stadium?
Answer from CPFC2010:
If legally permitted, yes

Question from Whyteleafe_Saga on 21 January 2011:
Not sure if this has been raised already, but do the plans for the new stadium impact on the future of the Beckenham training ground? If the club trained and played junior fixtures at CPP (in the athletics arena perhaps?) then do we have the option of selling Beckenham to raise funds?
Commented on by sw16girl:
Beckenham is rented - the club don't own it. And no anyway - the club needs a traing ground/physio/gym/5/6 pitches somewhere for the senior squad to train etc.
Answered by CPFC2010:
No need to remove this post as it is absolutely correct. That is what is needed and that will not be possible in the park

Question from Alan Key on 22 January 2011:
Whilst we're in the early stages of thrashing out a pitch to get a change or trial in this legislation in favour of safe standing, would CPFC2010 be willing to throw their weight and support behind a possible campaign?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Yes, as a former Arthur Wait enclosure boy, we'd be very happy to support the safe standing campaign. Steve B

Question from Billy Rhino on 22 January 2011:
This week has quickly gone from low to one of the most exciting weeks I've had as a Palace fan since I started going in 1983. If you do pull this off you will go down in Palace history as a true legend and savour of the club.

How are things at your end? I'd guess you've probably got a few butterflies?
Answer from CPFC2010:
it's all very exciting really and I think that all 4 of us feel privileged to represent Palace fans. We actually feel that we have a realistic chance, for the first time in 96 years, to get us back home where we belong.

Question from GodstoneEagle on 22 January 2011:
Steve, I know that the drawings are just an artist's impression but do you expect GAC to be the stadium sponsors?
Answer from CPFC2010:
GAC are a brilliant sponsor and they would certainly have first choice as they are already our official club sponsor

Question from NathanCPFCD on 22 January 2011:
Some fans have been going on the Virtual Norwood forum to discuss the plans with local residents - most of whom have gone from being thoroughly against the plans to open to seeing the detail involved in the redevelopment before casting their judgement. Parking and traffic (which didn't come up in the press conference/proposals came up as recurrent issues. Although I appreciate plans are at a reasonably early stage, but what will be done to combat the issues locals have?

I'm sure they would be very grateful to hear your answer
Answer from CPFC2010:
Well we all are, or have been in our lives, local residents. I was brought up in Crystal Palace SE19 and learnt to swim and play sport in Crystal Palace park as a kid. I had my first pint of beer in the Railway Bell! My kids have all loved the dinosaurs when they were little.

What I hope the locals will see is that we are not outsiders and our aim is to help build a sense of community and pride in where we come from. There might not be a Crystal Palace on Sydenham Hill any more but our football club helps the name live on and it's a great, evocative name, famous the world over, of which everyone in the area can be proud.

Question from Leif Andersen on 22 January 2011:
Will there be statues of Palace legends outside the new ground, or at least just one of Steve Coppell?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Yep, he's up there on a pedastal with Joseph Paxton

Question from NathanCPFCD on 22 January 2011:
What will be done with the parts of Selhurst? My dad was telling me how at the last match of the old Holmesdale people were taking all the old seats etc. I'm sure long term season ticket holders would welcome the opportunity to have their season ticket seat. I'm sure many people would pay handsomely for parts which there aren't 26,000 of.
Answer from CPFC2010:
I think that your Dad's had a few too many if he remembers any seats in the old Holmesdale.....

Question from NathanCPFCD on 22 January 2011 in reply to above answer:
Any chance of this anyway?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Sure, why not? I'd have one of the old wooden seats myself.

Question from Billy Rhino on 22 January 2011:
I cant begin to explain how happy that makes me feel, and I'm sure many Palace fans. Have you seen the CPP v Selhurst result? CPP was about 91% which means we're virtually all behind you.
Answer from CPFC2010:
91% is amazing. I bet Spurs wish they had that kind of support for their plans...

Question from Sp1Eagle on 22 January 2011:
How much do you think the final plans will change from the plans released on Thursday?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Hard to say but nothing is fixed in stone yet. The only thing that's sure is that that is the ideal location - precisely where our original ground was situated.

Question from GodstoneEagle in respect of the VN residents on 22 January 2011:
Steve, have you thought about trying to engage them yourself? Obviously dependent on the OC decision. Steve P is certainly a very convincing and impressive orator and you have already expressed your sentiments for the area, the two of you might be able to win them around?
Answer from CPFC2010:
That is certainly something that we plan to do. We clearly need to work together on this and hope that our presence will actually improve the maintenance and condition of the park

Question from exiledeagle1 on 22 January 2011:
Will relegation to Div 1 have an impact on the planned move to CPP?
If so, to what degree?
Answer from CPFC2010:
No it won’t

Question from rickywood09 on 23 January 2011 (in relation to the Centenary Wall):
I was wondering the same thing as i've got one up there with my grandad's, dad, brothers and my name on it. Will it form part of the new stadium?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Our history, heritage and roots are tremendously important to us so I am sure that we will be taking it with us.

Question from AJ’s right boot on 23 January 2011:
If we get the go ahead for the new stadium would we stay at Selhurst until it's finished or would there be a period of ground sharing?
Answer from CPFC2010:
We have not considered ground sharing. The plan is to stay at Selhurst until the new stadium is ready.

Question from Always an Eagle on 23 January 2011:
In relation to season ticket holders buying their tickets at the new ground

If each stand is bigger than the current equivalent the current seating plan should be mapped over the new seats as a starting point. Everyone gets the opportunity of being in the same location (roughly) with the same people.

I'd say a lot of fans would like to stay "around" the same people but probably only get together on match days etc & it would be difficult to work something out otherwise.

In addition would the fans be consulted on how we'd like the ground allocated, i.e where the away fans sit or would the police, railway stations etc have a larger say.

Assuming safe standing doen't get off the ground could we have designated blocks "unreserved seating"?
Answer from CPFC2010:
This is all a long way off. You can rely on us to consult with everyone before making any decisions about seating arrangements.

Question from Inca on 23 January 2011:
What's your views on identikit new build bowl stadiums. Will you be looking to learn from the mistakes of these awful designs if successful with the CPP relocation
Answer from CPFC2010:
We have had a good look at the design of other stadiums and we ask questions when we visit clubs with new stadiums. As you will see, our new stadium will not be an identikit but will have its own personality and character.

Question from Micky Droy 11 on 24 January 2011
just to ask if your avatar pic is the 4 members of 2010?.i read before that Jeremy Hoskings is out country alot of the time.
Answer from CPFC2010:
Yes, that is the team line-up of 2010 - Jeremy, Steve P, Martin, Steve B. Jeremy Hosking is an equal partner but not able to attend as many matches as the rest of us.

Question from Billy Rhino on 24 January 2011:
I was wondering, how did the Wandle beer sales go on Saturday? I had a pint in the Old Stand and thought it was a letter better than the fosters but not great out of a plastic glass.
Answer from CPFC2010:
Wandle Ale was sold last Saturday in Glaziers, Players, Steve Coppell, Stanley Stephenson, lower tier bar 101 and the Red and Blue Bar as well as Exec boxes and the Boardroom. It sold out in all but Players and Glaziers.

It will be for sale again in those same bars for the Norwich game so get there early and enjoy it, it's delicious!

If (or when) it runs out there will be 500ml btls available in the Red & Blue, Players and Glaziers bars.

We definitely have the best beer in the league!

Question from Mick on 25 January 2011:
Continuing on the beer theme, is there an official closing time for the Red and Blue bar after the game?- We felt somewhat rushed to drink up after the game last Saturday as the staff wanted to pack up, but if the real ale is to be used up, this could be counter productive.Having said that, it's great that some decent ale has now been made available in the stadium.
Answer from CPFC2010:
The Red and Blue Bar will be open until 6pm on Saturday. The red bar closes first and then the blue one. After the match ticket holders from the lower tier are welcome as well as those from the upper tier.

Question from Palace Bear on 27 January 2011
Great news on resigning Vaughan. Can you give any more details with regards to the option to buy? Eg: is the fee agreed, are personal terms with Vaughan agree.
Basically if we wanted to buy, is there anyway Everton can wriggle out of the contract?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Yes, it's great news about Vaughan. He was always Dougie's #1 target. The fee is fixed with Everton if we wish to buy James at the end of the season. If we do so, then the loan fee is deducted from the transfer fee. If we don't then we pay the loan fee. As you can appreciate, we can't say more than this and can't answer any other questions on a public forum about transfer targets, players' financial arrangements etc etc...

Question from GreatGonzo on 27 January 2011:
When you have a player on loan, do we pay their wages or are they still paid by the parent club? Do we pay wages plus a loan fee or is it all bundled under the later?
Answer from CPFC2010:
For some loans we pay the player's entire wages and for others we pay only a proportion of his wages with the parent club paying the rest.

Question from SE25Eagle on 27 January 2011:
If the move to CPP falls through (fingers crossed it dont) have you got another site in mind, or would staying at selhurst be plan b...?
Answer from CPFC2010:
CPP is plan A and upgrading Selhurst is plan B. If there were to be a plan C it would have to be somewhere in the vicinity of Crystal Palace and/or Selhurst.

Question from NateEagle on 27 January 2011:
Apologies if this has already been asked but how soon do you hope (realistically) to get the new LB and DCM in? Are the negotiations going well? I understand that bids were submitted yesterday.
Answer from CPFC2010:
LB is of course a priority. Having said that, Wright and Clyne can both play there if needed. We have several irons in the fire for this position and others. Dougie is hoping to get a couple more players in before Saturday - or at least before the window closes.

Question from Neckinger Eagle on 27 January 2011:
Tottenham have their eye on Crystal Palace park too. Do you know if Spurs have also been in negotiation with the powers that be that will decide the fate of the Palace site, or do you think their plans for the Olympic legacy are based more on a wish list?
Answer from CPFC2010:
Tottenham do not, of course, want to build a stadium in CP Park. However, they know that if they were allowed to move to the East End and demolish a brand new athletics stadium then they would, at the very least, have to finance the building of an alternative athletics stadium elsewhere. It doesn't actually have to be at Crystal Palace. Anyway, this only becomes a possibility if they get the OK to demolish the Olympic Stadium.

Question from kestoneagle on 27 January 2011:
Are there any plans to re-open training to fans from time to time? With half term approaching it would be a great way to get local school kids along to see the players up close and get them hooked on the mighty CPFC as well as giving existing young fans a treat.
Answer from CPFC2010:
We will look into this. Maybe not this half term as the players will be preparing for 2 very big games - Pompey on the Tuesday and Reading on the Saturday. Pre-season in the summer holidays would be a better time perhaps?

Question from a9lpc on 27 January 2011:
When i was at primary school every month or so the club would allocate a number of tickets to buy as part of the children in the community scheme i think it was called. Not sure if this still happens now, but i found these really exciting, getting to sit and watch a game with 10 or so of your classmates was brilliant and a great day out. The following year my parents got me a season ticket and have had it for a number of years. Introducing this again would be a brilliant idea because it works!
Answer from CPFC2010:
We are aiming to visit EVERY primary school in the area very soon in a new initiative personally funded by Jeremy Hosking. It is important to enlighten and educate a new generation of Palace fans before they get taken in by the plastic big names.

Question from Dedders on 27 January 2011:
Is there anywhere that fans can visit the stadium model (I don't mean the cheerleaders) on an ongoing basis....
I'd pay to see it and imagine a others would too....
Answer from CPFC2010:
There's a giant aerial photo with artist's impression in Selhurst Park reception but no model yet...
Old 12-01-2011, 04:45 PM
2010.Dougie.Sound.

BulletEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearBulletEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearBulletEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearBulletEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearBulletEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearBulletEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearBulletEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearBulletEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearBulletEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearBulletEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fearBulletEagle is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Does Dougie have players lined up to approach/put bids for in positions where we are thin in the next day or so, or is he assessing his squad options?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrayP41ace is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrayP41ace is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrayP41ace is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrayP41ace is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrayP41ace is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrayP41ace is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrayP41ace is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrayP41ace is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrayP41ace is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrayP41ace is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Have the last few days dealings regarding Eddie Howe, swayed your opinion to go with Dougie and almost become your first choice (him being young, having an affinity with the club and wants to succeed here as much as any fan would) or was he always going to be your second choice* as you already knew he had the qualities you were looking for?

* I don't mean this in a negative way, more that you were looking for someone young, enthusiastic for management yet with a bit more experience at Football League level.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:53 PM

100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hopefully this won't be taken the wrong way, and I assume it's to do with the Club Shop having a seperate contract (with justsport), but why was the club shop shut over the Xmas period but the ticket office open? Strikes me as odd, seeing that those buying tickets (for Millwall in particular) are its target market.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:54 PM
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Yes, Dougie has a list. It's clear to him where the team needs strengthening (another striker, a left back etc etc) and he's on the case.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:56 PM
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hopefully this won't be taken the wrong way, and I assume it's to do with the Club Shop having a seperate contract, but why was the club shop shut over the Xmas period but the ticket office open? Strikes me as odd, seeing that those buying tickets for (Millwall in particular) are its target market.

Don't know but we don't run it directly. I think Millwall tickets were sold out by Xmas anyway
Old 12-01-2011, 04:57 PM

kolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How involved will Dougie be in selecting as assistant/older head? Or will it be CPFC2010's decision (for what it's worth [not a lot to the owners!!!], I think it should be the manager's call otherwise it's a shadow in the background lurking to take over)
Old 12-01-2011, 04:57 PM

100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine100% Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How easy is it to complete a player purchase? Lots assume its a case of offer to club - offer to player - sign. Is it that straightforward? Has the complexity of it surprised you?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Mmmmmm Nina

james powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejames powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejames powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejames powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejames powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejames powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejames powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejames powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejames powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejames powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejames powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletEagle
Answer from Thisiscroydon:

Quote:
“We’re already working on bringing new players in,” he told the Advertiser. “Dougie has given us his list of targets and if we can get any over the line before the weekend then great.

“We know we have to work fast as the time in the transfer window is ticking away and that was a big factor in our decision.

“Dougie knows the players and knows what we need to add.”
EDIT: beaten to it by the man himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Gayle is just not a goal scorer
My Facebook Page
Xbox 360 Live Gamertag: PoWeLLyDiizZLe
Old 12-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Dark and Massive

Excowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExcowboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was great to hear from Steve P in the press conference after the Preston game and again in the press release that you were looking for someone who will take a modern, innovative approach, and who is keen to use all the resources available in the modern game to get the best out of the players.

Can you give any examples of the kinds of things you have in mind, or things Dougie has suggested we introduce?

Werner Herzog
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU is a gunboat in a sea of fearPALACEWU is a gunboat in a sea of fearPALACEWU is a gunboat in a sea of fearPALACEWU is a gunboat in a sea of fearPALACEWU is a gunboat in a sea of fearPALACEWU is a gunboat in a sea of fearPALACEWU is a gunboat in a sea of fearPALACEWU is a gunboat in a sea of fearPALACEWU is a gunboat in a sea of fearPALACEWU is a gunboat in a sea of fearPALACEWU is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Can you tell us something completely un-related to whats happened recently. Something which you've discovered or found out or learned, which the majority of us fans won't know, something you didn't know before you got to go behind the counter. Hope that makes sense, a good news story maybe.
Hoof ball heaven

winterj will leave the TV and the radio behindwinterj will leave the TV and the radio behindwinterj will leave the TV and the radio behindwinterj will leave the TV and the radio behindwinterj will leave the TV and the radio behindwinterj will leave the TV and the radio behindwinterj will leave the TV and the radio behindwinterj will leave the TV and the radio behindwinterj will leave the TV and the radio behindwinterj will leave the TV and the radio behindwinterj will leave the TV and the radio behind
Just an idea but don't know where you could put it, but what about a crèche at selhurst park for the young toddlers on matchdays there we may attract more support for people who have trouble getting a babysitter etc?

The childminders there could also coach the little ones to support palace as well and drum it into them

"you will support palace repeated 100 times"
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Do you have any 'older heads' in mind and if so, have they been approached yet?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Whyteleafe's No. 1

Whyteleafe_Sage was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsWhyteleafe_Sage was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsWhyteleafe_Sage was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsWhyteleafe_Sage was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsWhyteleafe_Sage was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsWhyteleafe_Sage was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsWhyteleafe_Sage was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsWhyteleafe_Sage was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsWhyteleafe_Sage was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsWhyteleafe_Sage was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsWhyteleafe_Sage was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Has any firm decision been taken regarding the future of Selhurst Park and/or any other stadium sites seriously considered, such as East Croydon and the NSC? Either way, what sort of timescales are you looking at?
The Lizard King

Beckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can we get Wandle in the Lower Holmsdale soon please?
Blackadder: A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn.
MAMIL

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm not sure how long a barrel of beer keeps, but as we've got home games on the spin would it be possible to get more Wandle Ale in the Red and Blue bar for the upcoming games - we always get the end of the barrel after the game?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:02 PM
The Lizard King

Beckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
I'm not sure how long a barrel of beer keeps, but as we've got home games on the spin would it be possible to get more Wandle Ale in the Red and Blue bar for the upcoming games - we always get the end of the barrel after the game?
Great minds think about Wandle beer - I know a subject close to Steve B's heart as well
Blackadder: A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan's Jacket : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan's Jacket : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan's Jacket : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan's Jacket : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan's Jacket : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan's Jacket : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan's Jacket : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan's Jacket : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan's Jacket : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan's Jacket : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You may not want, or be able to answer this, but were the players views sought prior to the appointment of Lord Dougie?