Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:22 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
TiVo

Got it today...nice

Nuff said
Old 10-06-2011, 10:30 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I got Virgin through a 'friend' today.

37 for...

unlimited local phone calls (day and night)
cheap rate to mobiles + international
XL TV package (all channels)
Virgin + HD box
Virgin HD box (extra for bedroom)
30mb broadband (with top rated modem)
Free installation

Well happy.

May add the 3 extra (+ purchase cost) for TiVo at a later date.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen

37 for...

Virgin + HD box
Free installation

Well happy.

Great price, I have almost the same package and mines 56 with TiVo.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

37 for...

Virgin + HD box
Free installation

Well happy.

how did you get this 'ahem' deal?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:56 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got lucky. My downstairs neighbour happens to work for Virgin!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Got lucky. My downstairs neighbour happens to work for Virgin!
Well done. Some of us mugs have been paying 100 for fewer services and can't even get a refund for a problem that has not been fixed for 39 months.

These mates rates deals take the piss.

Ridboy, are you getting yours on mates rates?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:35 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Sod paying 40 a month for TV, I'll stick to freeview. I don't watch TV enough to pay a monthly subscription.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:26 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al
Sod paying 40 a month for TV
Too right, that why I pay 60
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 11-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sod paying 40 a month for TV, I'll stick to freeview. I don't watch TV enough to pay a monthly subscription.
Emmerdale is on freeview
Old 11-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully
Got it today...nice

Nuff said
how much for the box itself?

are the other on demand services decent quality?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:36 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-dee
Too right, that why I pay 60

Madness. I watch about 5 hours of TV a week, just not worth it for me.

Edit, I probably watch about 10 hours in reality.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:49 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Madness. I watch about 5 hours of TV a week, just not worth it for me.

Edit, I probably watch about 10 hours in reality.
I have the XL package, and it's 60 JUST FOR THE TELLY No phone or Broadband. Everyone says it's wrong but I think it's the correct price. I must check it sometime
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 25-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett
Well done. Some of us mugs have been paying 100 for fewer services and can't even get a refund for a problem that has not been fixed for 39 months.

These mates rates deals take the piss.

Ridboy, are you getting yours on mates rates?
No just standard deal
Old 25-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
how much for the box itself?

are the other on demand services decent quality?
It's a damn site better than V+. Liking the Indexing, like an actor you can record everything he's in. Only really getting started with it now a couple of weeks in. Flickr galleries are nice and the YouTube stuff is cool.
Old 25-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And on demand, is it Sky only or can you get normal on demand services?

I am really struggling to resist moving over to virgin, do they have Atlantic yet?
Old 25-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

They will never have atlantic

They do however have iplayer, 4OD, ITV player as well as every show aired in the last 7 days and an on demand library that by all accounts beats the craptacular sky anytime

I will be moving
Old 25-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully
It's a damn site better than V+. Liking the Indexing, like an actor you can record everything he's in. Only really getting started with it now a couple of weeks in. Flickr galleries are nice and the YouTube stuff is cool.
No - I meant 4OD / Iplayer etc
Old 26-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
They will never have atlantic

They do however have iplayer, 4OD, ITV player as well as every show aired in the last 7 days and an on demand library that by all accounts beats the craptacular sky anytime

I will be moving
They do not seem to promote the OD heavily on the site. A tip when you look around the site they do a postcode check, a few days later you get a mailshot with a few decent deals, free multiroom seemed appealing.

Sky are offering me a free HD box upgrade, with Anytime+ ethernet BUT it looks like I would have to use their broadband, which is a bit crap.
Old 26-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

yeah - adsl = dead technology
Old 26-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Hitman

Cartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnCartoon Head lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
as soon as they start offering me free boxes and free instulation like they did with sky plus eventually i,ll be switching back to virgin,had a quote for 2 tivo's with hd channels already and its 30 sheets cheaper than sky,,,,,i've still got virgin phone and broadband and a virgin tv box in our bedroom so i begrudge paying the instulation fee.