Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 26-06-2011, 02:23 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
No - I meant 4OD / Iplayer etc
Iplayer is very good, just like the iPad version if you've used that. Havent tried the other ones myself but kids use catchup for 4 all the time.
Old 26-06-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
They will never have atlantic

They do however have iplayer, 4OD, ITV player as well as every show aired in the last 7 days and an on demand library that by all accounts beats the craptacular sky anytime

I will be moving
HD on Virgin is improving all the time too, only 11 channels short of Sky now and red button sports is now active although I don't buy sky shit so haven't tested it myself.
Old 26-06-2011, 02:28 PM

If you have V+ already they will install it for free in another room with no additional monthly charge when you take TiVo. To be honest that was the part of the deal that got me.

Oh and Dave, original question, 49 for the 500Gb.
Old 26-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Is there Futurama, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on demand? Does anyone know?
Old 26-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hmmm might see me going Virgin soon. Tivo was 199 V+ was free in two rooms.
Old 27-06-2011, 06:53 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
No way I'd do that V+ nonsense
Old 27-06-2011, 10:43 AM

Biggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is here
Offer through the door for existing customers, 500GB, 50 squid activation 3 pound monthly fee on TV XL, 1TB, 150 pounds activation fee??? 3 pound monthly on TV XL.

ROLL ON DEATH !!
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 27-06-2011, 11:13 AM

Lombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy
Sky are offering me a free HD box upgrade, with Anytime+ ethernet BUT it looks like I would have to use their broadband, which is a bit crap.
To get Anytime+ you have to have their broadband. I'm having a spat about it right now. To switch from Virgin broadband means I have to lose my 30 year old pnone number, get a new Sky line installed, pay for all that and still only get 6.5 mb MAX broadband. Cable braodband can go way higher. All that to get Anytime+. A switch to Virgin looks likely.

Anyone tell me the pros and cons, Virgin v Sky. What is Tivo.
Old 27-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

they want 93 quid a month for XP phone, 1Tb Tivo (XL + sky sports) and 50Mbit Broadband - less than I pay now

149 activation is mental though
Old 27-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As the Tivo is linked to a router well I am guessing it is, can it view and play stuff on the network?

All the deals exclude the Tivo in the mailshot. Might see what I can get on the phone.

I think Sky is losing at the moment.

What are Virgin like on downloading? Traffic restriction?
Old 27-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you are considered to be a heavy user there can be one.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

In short, get an XXL package.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 27-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Virgin products are marvellous in my experience. If you have a problem, however, then they have the worst customer service on the planet.

For internet and TV though, they were terrific.
Old 27-06-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
As the Tivo is linked to a router well I am guessing it is, can it view and play stuff on the network?

All the deals exclude the Tivo in the mailshot. Might see what I can get on the phone.

I think Sky is losing at the moment.

Nope unfortunately not yet, you can browse YouTube though as my kids have just found out! They give the TiVo an additional 10mb all to itself.
Old 27-06-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
they want 93 quid a month for XP phone, 1Tb Tivo (XL + sky sports) and 50Mbit Broadband - less than I pay now

VIP 50?
Old 28-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
"The TiVo Guy!"

(Globalisation will eventually render this post hilarious, so thanks in advance.)

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 28-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully
VIP 50?
huh?
Old 28-06-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
huh?
Its their top deal, basically everything, maxed out. Usually 100/mnth.
Old 28-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

I'm not getting sky movies because it's shite
Old 28-06-2011, 09:30 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Tivo so year 2000

SaulAlinsky
Old 28-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Had Virgin's 50Mbit broadband installed last Thursday. I am pleased to report that after spending the last five days talking to technical incompetents in their Indian call centre we are finally getting a download speed approaching 2.1Mbit and a 'super hub' that now only drops all wireless connections about three times a day.

What galls is I dumped a rock solid 17Mbit service from BT to experience this heap of complete shyte.