Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:29 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
No
Good.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
However if you want to control your TiVo using iPad, iPhone, comport etc then you need to connect the TiVo to your router
Anyone done this and can recommend a suitable Wireless USB Adapter that will work well with TiVo?
Old 12-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I hear good things about these

To view the link you have to Register or Login

the two ipad apps you need when your tivo is on the network are zeebox and tvguide.co.uk
Old 12-04-2012, 02:33 PM

griggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by humpo
as a Virgin XL package customer, does anyone reckon there is a way to wangle a Tivo box for free??
I moaned to the disconnection department about the 3 blanket increase in February. They couldn't do anything about the increase, but gave me TiVo for free (negating the monthly subscription and activation fee) and moved the existing V+ box to another room.

Threaten to leave them and you'll be surprised what they will offer you.
Old 17-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

the two ipad apps you need when your tivo is on the network are zeebox and tvguide.co.uk
It's just arrived. Thanks for the recommendation Dave.
Old 17-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
30-odd seems a bit excessive for the provision of only one port. I've not hooked my Tivo up yet but I've got the blu-ray player and Apple TV connected to a re-purposed 11g router (set to client bridge mode).
Old 17-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Most use cases require a single port
Old 17-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
You'd want redundancy for the future though, surely? I don't know anyone who only has one box under their TV.

Not to mention the green benefits of re-using older wireless routers.
Old 17-04-2012, 01:25 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Tivo came today and have been very impressed so far.
Old 17-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett
You'd want redundancy for the future though, surely? I don't know anyone who only has one box under their TV.

Not to mention the green benefits of re-using older wireless routers.
Suppose so, one would hope everything will have n wifi going forward
Old 17-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Binned by Muderators

I agree. From a personal perspective, devices connected to the 'g' client bridge seem to hold a more stable throughput than when using their own built-in 'n' wifi.

Still, good luck, Blind. Let us know how you get on and whether networking the Tivo is worth it.
Old 17-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

So me telling you that networking your TiVo is a good idea is not enough?
Old 17-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

The killer feature that they have in the states is that you can play shows recorded on other tivos on your network..
Old 17-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Binned by Muderators

Quote:
So me telling you that networking your TiVo is a good idea is not enough?
Blind is a bit more man on the street. Want to know what's doing at both ends of the coal face.
Old 17-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
The killer feature that they have in the states is that you can play shows recorded on other tivos on your network..
I thought the last update did this? Not that I have nor want two Tivo's.

I fecking hate some parts of it the suggestions pisses me right off, apart from being mostly pap it takes fecking ages to get shot of the recordings, a right fecking chore when you let them build up, I spend lots of time trying to get shot of the thumbs up.

It has started to record re-runs of shows I had series linked watched and deleted ages ago.

And it is really laggy on TV, compared to my tatty old Sky HD box. I put the lag down to the HD filling up

Oh and it starts to delete shows that you have not watched unless you go in and protect them.

Fast forward on recorded shows is pap too, Sky you get enter the minutes etc, this one leaps all over shop. On demand will not pause for more than ten minutes (guess I should pack up smoking to cure this one).

Of course I would guess a lot of this could be resolved if I RTFM

So any help from the Tivo BBS experts?

Last edited by Vendy; 17-04-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 17-04-2012, 04:14 PM

cartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy
it takes fecking ages to get shot of the recordings, a right fecking chore when you let them build up
If you just press the clear button it deletes whatever is highlighted. Pretty easy really.
Old 20-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:

I already had both those apps and activating TiVo was as easy as can be. However I had hoped to use the Peanut RC & Keyboard app which works like a dream as a replacement remote control - noticably faster than the actual TiVo handset - but the keyboard function doesn't appear to work at all for me. This is a bit of a downer as it was primarily the ability to input searches using a keyboard rather than the dire screen based system that drove my desire to network the thing in the first place.

Will do a bit more digging when I get a chance in case i've done something wrong.
Old 20-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Regarding taping re-runs , you can amend this in the recording settings. Quick series link defaults to 'new and repeats'. Amend to just 'new' only.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 21-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle
I already had both those apps and activating TiVo was as easy as can be. However I had hoped to use the Peanut RC & Keyboard app which works like a dream as a replacement remote control - noticably faster than the actual TiVo handset - but the keyboard function doesn't appear to work at all for me. This is a bit of a downer as it was primarily the ability to input searches using a keyboard rather than the dire screen based system that drove my desire to network the thing in the first place.

Will do a bit more digging when I get a chance in case i've done something wrong.
Is this for searches?
Old 22-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Dis-Member

Yup