Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:37 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
We were installed on Monday. All good except he didn't link the V6 box up to the router! Luckily I had just bought some spare ethernet cables back from work to plug one of the Sonos speakers in.

We got the deal below yours, not the gamer one. Up to 200mb broadband, all the sports, movies, two V6 boxes etc for just over £70. We don't actually need a second box at the moment, so will just have to hang on to it until such time that we potentially do.

This may be a stupid question, but why when doing a speedtest on my phone is it showing as 40-50 mbps, and when using the same app on my ipad it's showing 130 ish?
Mine had done the same, left the phone not connected, two boxes not connected, used my Sky box power lead to plug in to the transformer for the V6 box and didn't leave any of the missing cables. Bit weird really. Can't face phoning the off shore support about the phone yet having spent 2 hours on 4 calls Fri/Sat - that experience would be enough to put me off dealing with Virgin. Got the satisfaction of a Text on Saturday whilst still not connected of rating the engineer as 0 and 0 for would I recommend a friend.

They had told me on the phone that they would use power lines for the upstairs box, again he didn't leave these. I assume because the socket is behind a chest of drawers I also thought it wouldn't need a coax to the second box but he drilled it through. Like you I didn't really want the second box but if I removed it the deal went up in price.

Wonder if the engineers have a side line flogging powerlines, mains leads and Ethernet cables

I get 112mb over my laptop and 210 wired. In the router admin page all the mobiles are showing as 54 or 11 if idle.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
Mine had done the same, left the phone not connected, two boxes not connected, used my Sky box power lead to plug in to the transformer for the V6 box and didn't leave any of the missing cables. Bit weird really. Can't face phoning the off shore support about the phone yet having spent 2 hours on 4 calls Fri/Sat - that experience would be enough to put me off dealing with Virgin. Got the satisfaction of a Text on Saturday whilst still not connected of rating the engineer as 0 and 0 for would I recommend a friend.

They had told me on the phone that they would use power lines for the upstairs box, again he didn't leave these. I assume because the socket is behind a chest of drawers I also thought it wouldn't need a coax to the second box but he drilled it through. Like you I didn't really want the second box but if I removed it the deal went up in price.

Wonder if the engineers have a side line flogging powerlines, mains leads and Ethernet cables

I get 112mb over my laptop and 210 wired. In the router admin page all the mobiles are showing as 54 or 11 if idle.
Our phone line didn't get done, as he'd left the tool at a previous job apparently. Not the end of the world as we would never use a phone line, but we'll get him to come back and do it at some point. He left his number for us to give him a call and get him to come back and do the phone line when one of us is home.

I'll get my other half to connect her laptop to the router with a cable and see what the speed is.

Initial thoughts on TiVo.. much faster than the previous offerings I've seen. No lag whatsoever. Box can be hidden away if needs be, as the remote still works if you've got the box inside a cupboard etc. Takes a while to get used to the interface having been used to Sky for so long. Still think I prefer the Sky menus, although having seen the new Sky Q interface at my parents I think I maybe prefer TiVo.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:38 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Same engineer I bet. That would explain the story he gave to my wife and she got it arse about face.
Old 18-09-2017, 10:49 PM

vitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone on here got the Virgin Media V6 Box? If so, is it any good? Read some reviews saying it is much quicker than TiVo and much smaller. I currently have a TiVo but got an email offering the V6 for just a £20 activation fee.

Mind you the email from VM was to tell me they are putting the bill up again by £3.99 a month!
Old 19-09-2017, 05:56 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Anyone on here got the Virgin Media V6 Box? If so, is it any good? Read some reviews saying it is much quicker than TiVo and much smaller. I currently have a TiVo but got an email offering the V6 for just a £20 activation fee.

Mind you the email from VM was to tell me they are putting the bill up again by £3.99 a month!

It's rapid mate.

Such a difference compared to the original TiVo box.
Old 19-09-2017, 07:06 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:

do they make you sign a new contract?
Old 19-09-2017, 07:25 AM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Enquired about switching TIVO to V6 in February and was told one off £50 then £5 extra each month but to hold off until the Summer as deals cheaper.

Saw on Virgin Media new customers were getting the V6 as standard so followed up to have V6in lounge and put the TIVO in bedroom to replace old V1

Job done in July for one off £19 and extra £1 per month. Old V1 box from bedroom taken away for recycling.

Job done in 30 mins. Very pleased.
Old 19-09-2017, 07:44 AM

vitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
do they make you sign a new contract?
No just pay the one off fee which is added to next months bill.
Old 19-09-2017, 11:15 AM

speagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
A few months ago I inquired about the new box but didn't go for it because I'd have to upgrade my broadband to the top package to get the new box.

I really dislike all smoke and mirrors with their bundles. You just end up subsidising new subscribers.
Old 19-09-2017, 12:15 PM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had a problem with one of my spare boxes in the bedroom the other day, the engineer came and switched it out with the v6 at no charge and no monthly surcharge. Seems quicker than the tivo, but is the same horrible interface unfortunately. 4k on Netflix is about all it does different. Not quite the sky q experience I was hoping for. Still prefer the old Virgin HD box
Old 19-09-2017, 09:12 PM

Thanks for the replies all. I have spent my £20 and gone for the V6.

Anything has got to be better than TiVo. About a year ago when they did a firmware release it was virtually unusable because it was so slow. It’s has improved but there are times still when you want to throw the remote at the telly!
Old 19-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
cool. Just be very very careful you don't have a new contract
Old 29-09-2017, 12:13 AM

Update. In typical VM style I get a text saying your V6 box is turning up Tuesday this week delivered by Yodel. Courier turns up in the allotted two hour time slot with a box. I am thinking this looks a bit small, didn’t realise the V6 was that small! Open the box to find a Superhub 3 router!!!!!!!

Go on Twitter to moan to VM, whilst on the phone to some guy in India from VM customer service. Who says that it will cost another £20 to send you a V6 box. Reply “Are you taking the piss, you should be refunding the initial £20 charge not trying to charge me another £20”.

30 minutes later after loads of tapping on his keyboard and hardly a word said. “Are you still there sir? “You ok?” Me “No I am slowly losing the will to live”!

I don’t think he got the British sarcastic humour! Anyway end result a new V6 will be delivered in two weeks! I had given up by this point.

Following day I thought I’d go through the threatening to leave VM scenario, I do it every year. Ring them up to ask when my contract was up? Answer Today

I seriously didn’t know. “Ok I want to leave, pee’d off etc....” get put through to a bloke in the UK customer services. Explained the situation, moaned about how I have to wait another two weeks for the V6, being told the monthly charge was going up £3.99 per month. Telling him how Sky wanted me back!

End result but I had to sign a new contract for 12 months. Two free V6 boxes, no £3.99 price rise for the term of the contract and got my monthly bill reduced by £40 per month with all the same channels, home phone and broadband. New V6’s being delivered this Saturday.

My conclusion! The only benefit of getting older is you get better at moaning and it can reap it’s rewards.

I will probably end up with two more Super Hub 3 routers on Saturday!
Old 29-09-2017, 05:33 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Update. In typical VM style I get a text saying your V6 box is turning up Tuesday this week delivered by Yodel. Courier turns up in the allotted two hour time slot with a box. I am thinking this looks a bit small, didn’t realise the V6 was that small! Open the box to find a Superhub 3 router!!!!!!!

Go on Twitter to moan to VM, whilst on the phone to some guy in India from VM customer service. Who says that it will cost another £20 to send you a V6 box. Reply “Are you taking the piss, you should be refunding the initial £20 charge not trying to charge me another £20”.

30 minutes later after loads of tapping on his keyboard and hardly a word said. “Are you still there sir? “You ok?” Me “No I am slowly losing the will to live”!

I don’t think he got the British sarcastic humour! Anyway end result a new V6 will be delivered in two weeks! I had given up by this point.

Following day I thought I’d go through the threatening to leave VM scenario, I do it every year. Ring them up to ask when my contract was up? Answer Today

I seriously didn’t know. “Ok I want to leave, pee’d off etc....” get put through to a bloke in the UK customer services. Explained the situation, moaned about how I have to wait another two weeks for the V6, being told the monthly charge was going up £3.99 per month. Telling him how Sky wanted me back!

End result but I had to sign a new contract for 12 months. Two free V6 boxes, no £3.99 price rise for the term of the contract and got my monthly bill reduced by £40 per month with all the same channels, home phone and broadband. New V6’s being delivered this Saturday.

My conclusion! The only benefit of getting older is you get better at moaning and it can reap it’s rewards.

I will probably end up with two more Super Hub 3 routers on Saturday!

Top bluffing. That’s a good deal.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:00 AM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My Samsung V+ HD is coming to an end of its lifespan, have to reboot it every day. I'm going to miss the fella, so much better than tivo and has all my recordings of Palace wins over the last 6 years. Virgin are no longer supporting the box so being sent a V6 box in the post.