Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Do you like the new badge or not
I like it 607 91.28%
I hate it 19 2.86%
not sure yet / moo 39 5.86%
Voters: 665. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithyEagle
If it was between this and the other 4, I would choose this. However I stick by that Kolja's designs should be put into the vote at least (Sorry doof)
Agreed.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365

Last edited by Robson; 14-08-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 14-08-2011, 10:52 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan C
It's ok, but for me this is a complete cop-out. We had a chance to move into a new era with a bold new crest. This just isn't enough of a departure for me. Basically it's the Coppell era crest in a circle. Moreover, this WILL win, as it will placate the masses

Parking all of that, it's a decent crest, bar the very amateurish eagle which I assume will be subject to significant tweaking.
I agree. It's very conservative. There is a lot of wasted space in this design. The eagle needs to occupy more of the current white background
Old 14-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Registered User?

Joooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I love this badge.

Good decision.
Old 14-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb888
What about ...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I really love this design
Good call.

Why don't CPFC2010 just open it up to all the patently best ones that the BBS has produced?

Doesn't matter if there's 10+ designs. Just do a a number of rounds of voting, whittling off the least popular each time, until we have a winner.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 14-08-2011, 11:00 PM

ozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroniozzie eagle is the cheese to my macaroni
This is fantastic, I love the fact we have a board who are in touch with the fans. What other club would do this, none, nice one CPFC2010.

Congrats doof, this one gets my vote!
Old 14-08-2011, 11:03 PM

Man Uni Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMan Uni Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMan Uni Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMan Uni Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMan Uni Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMan Uni Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMan Uni Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMan Uni Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMan Uni Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMan Uni Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMan Uni Eagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
If we HAVE to change, this is thousands of times better than any of the four options. Massive fan of the round badge (will look amazing on a sash). As mentioned previously, the eagle will need a lot of tweaking.

Thank you for listening.
Old 14-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
I think it's fair enough to include this doof option as an option (though please sort the eagle head and the wings out doof!) but I also think it's only fair that 1 of kolja's designs should be included (e.g. my avatar), as quite a few have been impressed.
Old 14-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Contents May Vary

As well as the eagle looking like it's been dragged through a bush backwards, there's a lot of white space within the badge and the palace looks weak.

I do like Doof's round designs, but I think his eagles let him down. Better to leave the eagle out altogether, and go for something completely fresh, like these others from Doof?

Last edited by Robson; 14-08-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 14-08-2011, 11:07 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
I think it's okay and wouldn't mind changing it to that
Old 14-08-2011, 11:08 PM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie eagle
This is fantastic, I love the fact we have a board who are in touch with the fans. What other club would do this, none, nice one CPFC2010.

Congrats doof, this one gets my vote!
Great to see this before heading to bed.

doof's designs have been along the right lines all along, and this stood out to me on that other thread yesterday.

Congrats doof, and thanks to all the others who submitted alternatives as well!
Old 14-08-2011, 11:14 PM

A Glaziers View has to read the song lyrics on the big screenA Glaziers View has to read the song lyrics on the big screenA Glaziers View has to read the song lyrics on the big screenA Glaziers View has to read the song lyrics on the big screenA Glaziers View has to read the song lyrics on the big screenA Glaziers View has to read the song lyrics on the big screenA Glaziers View has to read the song lyrics on the big screenA Glaziers View has to read the song lyrics on the big screenA Glaziers View has to read the song lyrics on the big screenA Glaziers View has to read the song lyrics on the big screenA Glaziers View has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
I disliked all the original four choices and being an old fashion traditionalist when it comes to our identity, I'd ideally like to lose the eagle and just have the building in some kind of design and our old nickname of "the glaziers" incorporated in the badge as well.
However it would be stupid of me or anyone else to think our own personal wishes would make everyone else happy and bearing that in mind I would happily vote for this new 5th design.
Whether anyone else wants to vote for it or not, I'd like to thank CPFC2010 for giving us another choice.
Old 14-08-2011, 11:30 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
It's like the Bayern Munich badge just with the old 1990 style eagle in the middle. I prefer the other designs, this one is a step backwards rather than forward IMO.
Old 14-08-2011, 11:40 PM

Ian77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Let's go back in time with the colour too and add a splash of claret...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2e3pcif.jpg (168.4 KB, 80 views)
Old 15-08-2011, 12:01 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson
Good call.

Why don't CPFC2010 just open it up to all the patently best ones that the BBS has produced?

Doesn't matter if there's 10+ designs. Just do a a number of rounds of voting, whittling off the least popular each time, until we have a winner.
I think this would be a good idea too. Can't see it causing any harm...

I personally think the design chosen isn't doof's strongest and although I love the fact that CPFC2010 have been paying attention to the efforts on here, it is a strange they have pulled a design from the bag that wasn't really gathering a following unlike some of the other doof designs.

We have a few months surely to sort this out. Maybe we should take our time?
Old 15-08-2011, 12:03 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The other thing that surprises me is that CPFC2010 have chosen a design which can't be split. By that I mean elements of it can't be used on their own.

Every other design they chose originally had that as a possibility. I assumed it was part of the concept.
Old 15-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Whyteleafe's No. 1

Whyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Agree that although the idea of a round badge is a good one, this isn't one of Doof's best - sorry, just my opinion.

I preferred The Omen's representation of the Palace itself based on an update I tried to put together in one of the other threads:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

With a stronger looking eagle, maybe one of Kolja's(sp?), we'd have something that looks clean, modern and stylish. I also happen to think the badge should look more computer generated for the modern era...

That said, I do like Doof's non-eagle-non-Palace badges, without the wings!
Old 15-08-2011, 12:49 AM
Glad All Over

faceforradio is teetering on the brink of honey sweet, so fall asleepfaceforradio is teetering on the brink of honey sweet, so fall asleepfaceforradio is teetering on the brink of honey sweet, so fall asleepfaceforradio is teetering on the brink of honey sweet, so fall asleepfaceforradio is teetering on the brink of honey sweet, so fall asleepfaceforradio is teetering on the brink of honey sweet, so fall asleepfaceforradio is teetering on the brink of honey sweet, so fall asleepfaceforradio is teetering on the brink of honey sweet, so fall asleepfaceforradio is teetering on the brink of honey sweet, so fall asleepfaceforradio is teetering on the brink of honey sweet, so fall asleepfaceforradio is teetering on the brink of honey sweet, so fall asleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson
As well as the eagle looking like it's been dragged through a bush backwards, there's a lot of white space within the badge and the palace looks weak.

I do like Doof's round designs, but I think his eagles let him down. Better to leave the eagle out altogether, and go for something completely fresh, like these others from Doof?

Left one is my favourite so far.... would love it
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan
Old 15-08-2011, 01:44 AM
Thinking about it

NZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithyEagle
If it was between this and the other 4, I would choose this. However I stick by that Kolja's designs should be put into the vote at least (Sorry doof)
Yeh, I agree with you there. Still, bloody amazing that the board listen to the fans, yet again. We are so lucky to have these guys.
I also think there are some really clever designer's around here.
Old 15-08-2011, 02:10 AM
Goldmember

KungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm pleased that there will now be a 'safe' option - which I think this is. It is certainly preferable to the 4 options currently. I do have some sympathy for those who think it is simply a return to an old badge rather than a distinct symbol of a 'new' era. But then that was always unlikely to please the majority.

As for Doof's design - I think the main tweak will be giving that poor eagle a proper meal!
Old 15-08-2011, 02:12 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Great stuff.