Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Do you like the new badge or not
I like it 607 91.28%
I hate it 19 2.86%
not sure yet / moo 39 5.86%
Voters: 665. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-08-2011, 04:10 AM

old badger was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsold badger was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsold badger was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsold badger was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsold badger was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsold badger was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsold badger was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsold badger was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsold badger was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsold badger was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsold badger was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan C
It's ok, but for me this is a complete cop-out. We had a chance to move into a new era with a bold new crest. This just isn't enough of a departure for me. Basically it's the Coppell era crest in a circle. Moreover, this WILL win, as it will placate the masses

Parking all of that, it's a decent crest, bar the very amateurish eagle which I assume will be subject to significant tweaking.
I will go further, if SP had to choose one from the designs I simply cannot understand why he chose a doof one when Kolja's designs are simply much better
The best design available to vote for but thats not saying much, its horrible but less horrible than the others

Last edited by old badger; 15-08-2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old 15-08-2011, 05:51 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Funny thing is I'm starting to warm towards the 'Americanised' (Italian if you're SP) badge now! (No. 2)
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 15-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Waterproof member

JHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie
I'd vote for that one if we had to change.
What Woosie said, .This design is by far the best design in my humble opinion.

Last edited by JHJ EAGLE; 08-05-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 15-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Combine this with Koljas Eagle and I think we have a winner.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 15-08-2011, 06:29 AM

ed_glenn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlded_glenn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlded_glenn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlded_glenn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlded_glenn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlded_glenn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlded_glenn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlded_glenn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlded_glenn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlded_glenn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlded_glenn was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Still much prefer option A that was rolled out before. This even with a few tweaks isn't for me. Sorry Doof
Old 15-08-2011, 06:31 AM
SE26

The Sniper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Sniper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Sniper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Sniper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Sniper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Sniper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Sniper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Sniper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Sniper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Sniper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Sniper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Looking forward to the tweaked version with a better eagle.
Old 15-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Super Furry Animal

Riley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well done doof, nice one Steve P, hope this one wins.
Old 15-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't qualify for a vote, understandably, but definitely support the adoption of doof's design. Well done sir!
Old 15-08-2011, 06:42 AM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
I like a round badge, and think the eagle is pretty decent, but:

I think the 1905 looks a little silly spread out as it is.

The eagle is, as with our current badge, on what looks like a plastic football won at a fete.

The elements of the Crystal Palace look a little cheap to me.

Nothing personal, just my opinion.
Old 15-08-2011, 06:44 AM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
Whilst not retaining the current badge, it appears that the vocal element - who submitted post after post after post opposing the new badges - have won.
Old 15-08-2011, 06:53 AM

No.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardew's shorts
Whilst not retaining the current badge, it appears that the vocal element - who submitted post after post after post opposing the new badges - have won.
Not really the vote has happened. I've been quite vocal but I'd like to think I'm still objective. I'd actually vote Crest A if the vote was today.

Agree with others that its surprising Kolja's eagle didn't get selected...its the best eagle I've seen on any club crest. Really menacing and graceful.
Old 15-08-2011, 07:02 AM

west eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardew's shorts

Don't really see this as a win lose situation

surely we all win when the most popular badge is chosen!

let's be thankful we have owners who engage with the supporters and not just railroad change as others have done.
Old 15-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
I voted for option 3 on the poll of the original choices, though I would have preferred the eagle to be flatter and more lazioesque. Looking at it again its a bit too fussy I think

However, Doofs circular deign is streets better than the 4 original options, IMO at least

It harks back to our original badge under Big Mal, yet updates the current one at the same time.
Old 15-08-2011, 07:20 AM
aka @tomisabigtwit

lawsy_boy has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillslawsy_boy has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillslawsy_boy has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillslawsy_boy has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillslawsy_boy has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillslawsy_boy has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillslawsy_boy has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillslawsy_boy has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillslawsy_boy has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillslawsy_boy has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillslawsy_boy has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Definitely still the first of the 2010 options for me
Old 15-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I don't like it sorry!! Dint know what it is - just looks a bit childish I think is the word. The eagle should look mean! Am hoping tweaks can be made.
Old 15-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
doof's design does it for me.
Old 15-08-2011, 07:52 AM

nicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not great for me and deffo DONT like the light blue infill to the Eagle.

At first glance this is my fave - it combines a modern dynamic design but maintains sufficient of the crystal palace design.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Professional Cynic

ChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We have our new badge. Well done doof.
Old 15-08-2011, 07:58 AM

No.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Kudos to Doof but doesn't a circle always make you think this...

And yes I appreciate we've had circles in the past but I think it's the eagle's wings (more than anything) the arch and panes of glass of the palace and the towers that make our current and previous crests so unique. Shields and circles just make us like any other bland club with no heritage (Brighton, Bournemouth, Chesterfield) continually changing their crest as it's so piss poor. Tweaked crest A for President! Evolution not revolution.

Last edited by No.16; 15-08-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 15-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Gay Snake's Red Blarmy

CrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We wanted a new badge to go with a new era.

This for me, takes us back an era, even if I do like the design.
They're a bigger and better club than us, as much as I hate to say it. We might have 20,000 plastic supporters to fill our stadium at the moment, but when their enthusiasm fizzles out we will have nothing over Palace. I actually hope they go up now just so we don't have to go through two more humiliations next season.
(NSC Poster 14/05/2013)