Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:59 AM

ffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Next Gen consoles to be the last!

Interesting read! Future versions of PS3 and XBOX could be nothing more then an app that runs on your smart TV/tablet. Perhaps they could even disappear, with game developers setting up their own serves to stream games directly to us!?!?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Nvidia: Next-gen consoles will be the last, Cloud gaming will take over, says chip maker

Will cloud gaming replace console gaming?

The Nintendo Wii U and the rumoured Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 will be the last generation of console hardware, according to Nvidia's cloud gaming boss.

Phil Eisler, who heads up the GeForce Grid Cloud Gaming department, says improvements in technology and the lowering of server costs will mean the streaming experience will eventually become dominant.
He told VentureBeat in an interview: "The thing about the consoles they say this is the last console, and I am certainly a believer in that. The last one is almost 10 years old now in terms of the technology.
"The good thing about cloud gaming is it's going to get better every year. One of the reasons we're investing in it is we see that there are some issues today, but they're all solvable, and they're all moving in the right direction. Bandwidth is going up. The cost of server rooms is going down. We're bringing latency down.
"The experience will just get better and better every year, to the point where I think it will become the predominant way that people play games."
'Better than consoles'

Nvidia has been investing heavily in cloud gaming as part of its partnership with Galkai. Between them, the pair are convinced that cloud gaming is still the future, despite OnLive's fall from grace earlier this summer.
One of the areas the GeForce Grid unit is focusing on is decreasing the network latency to match or even surpass traditional console hardware. Nvidia is also looking to secure deals for more "first-run content."
He added: "The average gamer playing on an Xbox today with a standard television is probably experiencing 150 to 200 milliseconds of latency, and that's what they're used to playing with every day.
"People worry about the network latency, but actually, in the whole pipeline, it's the smallest piece. Our monitors that we work with today are under 10 milliseconds of latency.
"We think that, working with smart TV manufacturers, we'll be able to cut that time down. It's going to be possible very shortly to have a cloud-rendered experience that has lower latency than the current console plus standard television experience."
--------------------------------------------

Remember your stake is 100% safe, guaranteed by me - you will NOT lose money!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:03 AM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
OnLive hasn't fared so well.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:07 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineknowlesyUCLA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineknowlesyUCLA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineknowlesyUCLA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineknowlesyUCLA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineknowlesyUCLA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineknowlesyUCLA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineknowlesyUCLA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineknowlesyUCLA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineknowlesyUCLA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineknowlesyUCLA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You could say that the view of the head of a prominent hardware manufacturer's cloud gaming department might very well say that. if only to justify his own wage.

I can't say that he is necessarily wrong though. There will however probably be the need for some form of hardware at the user's end, because are not going to want to invest in a cloud gaming-enabled television unless the price is right, and I can see it being astronomical.

A glorified Apple TV-style box will be the next generation after the soon-to-be-released one.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246702
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Future Addict

squelchy18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesquelchy18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesquelchy18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesquelchy18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesquelchy18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesquelchy18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesquelchy18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesquelchy18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesquelchy18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesquelchy18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesquelchy18 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I hope not...What about those people without a decent broadband connection, or those without net at all? What about those with download caps?

As FraserH said, OnLive hasn't fared so well and I understand why after having a go myself. There is still some input lag and the quality of the games graphics will depend on your bandwidth.

https://twitter.com/DanSquelchy Follow me!

Last edited by squelchy18; 01-11-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrett : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrett : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrett : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrett : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrett : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrett : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrett : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrett : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrett : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrett : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Of course the real reason for this is to set game prices artificially high and to keep you from ever owning the titles again. Look forward to being locked out of your 49.99 game after six months (EA already do this).

Goodbye gaming experience - I remember when it was about having fun.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceMonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceMonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceMonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceMonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceMonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceMonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceMonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceMonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceMonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceMonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
"Look forward to being locked out of your 49.99 game after six months (EA already do this)."

what game is that?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:17 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He means when they upgrade and don't support online play on old version ala tiger woods etc
Old 01-11-2012, 02:39 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSwanny32 is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSwanny32 is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSwanny32 is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSwanny32 is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSwanny32 is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSwanny32 is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSwanny32 is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSwanny32 is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSwanny32 is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSwanny32 is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
I can understand them stopping the servers that these games run on but they really should give a little bit more attention to games that they have released within a certain period of time, for example, I still play Tiger 12, I can't stand the new one, I think they have completely ruined it.....one of the things I love doing on Tiger is online tournaments, I faired pretty well on Tiger 12, won a few, had a few top 10's and won the best part of 10 million, not a lot compared to some people but I was happy. Nowadays, if I try and play an online tournament on Tiger 12 rather than have the choice of about 10 tournaments, all of different difficulties, courses and amount of rounds etc I now get the choice of one, MAYBE two if I'm lucky. They have completely neglected 12 since 13 was released, but I'm determined not to give in and buy 13. I have spent far too much money on 12, 40 for game, all of the extra courses which equates to another 30 something......Tiger 13 will NOT be played on my console.

This is a big problem if they are going to make all games downloads eventually, you have no control over what you do with that game. If Tiger 18 comes out and you're still happily playing Tiger 17 and they decide to shut 17 down, what can you do? Nothing. At least with discs you can go back and play single player as much as you want.

Personally I'd like to see it become download only, no hardware at all, you pay X amount for a console app on your smart TV and then download your games, however for this to happen they'd have to pass a legislation to say that games can't be pulled from service etc and once you pay for and download a title, it's yours for life, to play whenever you want.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 17

Living for Sundays.......GAMEDAY! FLY EAGLES FLY!