Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:52 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've got a customer who is training for an iron man in south africa in april or may, as you can imagine the swimming over here is going to be rather nippy

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 13-01-2014, 11:22 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sign up for the crystal palace Tri opens today (and likely sells out too) if anyone was thinking about doing it

@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Old 13-01-2014, 01:44 PM
No longer a student

StudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I seem to remember there are a couple of people on here who've done the Crystal Palace one previously. I'm away on a cycling holiday in Majorca at the time so can't make it (not that I'm complaining...)

Strava profile
Old 13-01-2014, 02:17 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

I'm now officially signed up, all paid and everything so its actually happening.

eeeek

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 27-01-2014, 10:47 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

I ordered myself a tri suit today, really need to shift a few lbs so I don't look too horrific in it in May

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 30-01-2014, 09:51 PM
SwimBikeRun!

Jacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
2014 events booked so far . . .
April: Brighton Marathon
May: London to Brighton Challenge 100K run
July: Long Course Weekend, Tenby (Iron distance events but over a weekend!)
October: Brighton Triathlon Race Series 70.3

(+ for 2015: Ironman Cairns!)
Just added Brownlee Triathlon South to the list. June 15 at Petworth House in Sussex so local(ish) and a chance to meet the brothers.

FOR F**K'S SAKE, MURRAY!!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:54 PM

as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216
I did Crystal Palace back in 2010 - very good event which was well organised. My only grumble was about the swim seeding which resulted in me getting held up several times by head-up breaststrokers but that's something I've experienced in practically every pool-based tri I've ever done. Not sure I've ever come across a race in a pool that's been able to find a fool proof way of stopping people overestimating their swim ability.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:16 PM

Enfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
Just added Brownlee Triathlon South to the list. June 15 at Petworth House in Sussex so local(ish) and a chance to meet the brothers.
Saw your post and thought 'I'd do that one!', then realised I'm supporting the misses doing the bournemouth 5km that day. BOOOO.

In other news, I've got a boxed brand new never worn TXU T:2 swimsuit for sale
Its the 2011 version. XL size. 100 ono. PM me if interested.

ps the TXU sizes appear to be bait small. I had to lose 3 stone before I could fit into it. I reckon its good for someone 5'10 plus and around 13.5 - 15 stone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LXocmIHoVXM

cpfc - strength in times of unusualness
Old 29-04-2014, 09:27 AM

Enfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Came off bike whilst training and out for 2 months with fractured hip after double somersaulting over the bars and bringing the bike with me!

Good news is that I've discovered zipvit sport clothing, a small collection of pro cycling and try suit wear at dirt cheap prices, all with 5 star reviews. They supply vitamins and drinks to pro cycle teams as the main business and knock out cheap quality stuff, naturally with their own name on it but nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LXocmIHoVXM

cpfc - strength in times of unusualness
Old 07-05-2014, 06:01 PM

Tubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS Murray
CP Tri start times out today. I'm away at 9.50.

Little concerned as I'm having problems with my calf and haven't been able to run for a week or so, and it's not really getting any better. Think i'll be fine in the swim and cycle but not sure about the run.

Who else is doing it?
Old 07-05-2014, 06:23 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Im doing it, where did you find your start time? i cant see an email or anything :/

Edit, found it, im off at 9.32

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Last edited by spunky; 07-05-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:09 PM

Tubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS MurrayTubby FFS Murray
got the email just after midnight - To view the link you have to Register or Login

have you been following a particular training plan? or just been doing your own thing?
Old 18-05-2014, 06:08 AM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Sorry tubby. Didn't mean to ignore your question. Just been doing my own thing with training. Had a few days off and am just packing up to get to CP park.

I'm number 226 so gimme a yell if you see me a.

Good luck with yours mate hope it goes well

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 18-05-2014, 01:00 PM

How did you get on? Didn't see you on course. My first tri so I wasn't sure what to expect, swim and bike went ok ish, run was awful, my calf was ruined within 100m so effectively walked most of the run. Lanepe filmed me in the stadium and I looked in trouble! Still, finished it which was all I want to do.
Old 18-05-2014, 02:39 PM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Multi-Sport Events (Triathlon, Duathlon etc)

Thinking about a beginners tri. But I only swim on holiday and my bike is a Dawes galaxy circa 1985. And I'm 52. My PB at 10k is about 47 mins. That's all I know.
Old 18-05-2014, 03:37 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
How did you get on? Didn't see you on course. My first tri so I wasn't sure what to expect, swim and bike went ok ish, run was awful, my calf was ruined within 100m so effectively walked most of the run. Lanepe filmed me in the stadium and I looked in trouble! Still, finished it which was all I want to do.
Really chuffed with my time 1.29.48 which falls just inside my min goal

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 18-05-2014, 04:42 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Away View Post
Thinking about a beginners tri. But I only swim on holiday and my bike is a Dawes galaxy circa 1985. And I'm 52. My PB at 10k is about 47 mins. That's all I know.
There were people with much less appropriate bikes. Also a regular customer of mine who is a keen triathlete began on a mid 80s galaxy

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 18-05-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Away View Post
Don't worry, there were people out there today with everything from full on TT bikes to 20 year old mountain bikes with a full racks and paniers. For a beginner one, just go for it with whatever you've got.

Until 12 weeks ago i hadn't swum for years but couple of times a week for those 12 weeks, gradually building up and you'll do a sprint distance swim (750m). Much the same with running, i stopped smoking a few months back, and in Feb, i couldn't run for more than a few minutes without getting out of breath, again, couple of runs a week and it soon builds up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
Really chuffed with my time 1.29.48 which falls just inside my min goal
Great time, must have had some decent splits. I was hoping for 1.35 but no chance with the state of my leg, impacted both run and to a lesser degree, the bike. My friends were both about 1.23ish, although they have done a number of before, and are both pretty fit.
Old 18-05-2014, 05:56 PM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
There were people with much less appropriate bikes. Also a regular customer of mine who is a keen triathlete began on a mid 80s galaxy

Thanks Spunky that's good to know.
Old 18-05-2014, 06:12 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Or I could sell you a nice new road bike

@DuncanInglis

Quote: