Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 29-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Anarchosyndicalist

Location: Nearer to inner peace than I was. Corporeally, Chippenham.
calne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby
Finally, me in my first Palace shirt, 1968 or 1969:
Deserves to be prominent in the thread itself:

Palace ST holder for 40 years. Palace bonded me with my Dad. I met my partner and several great friends through the club. Palace have mad, passionate, funny supporters, and ex-players who care enough about the club to stay in touch. It's a roller-coaster ride, but thatís the way we like it. And itís not plastic. Palace til I die.
Old 29-12-2011, 12:43 AM
6000 miles from there

Nobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The saddest part about it is that I so desperately wanted sideburns, but clearly wasn't old enough to grow them, so I let my hair grow long on the sides in front of my ears to make it look like I did have them.
Kind of a pre-teen comb-over.
But the net result is that I look mentally ill.

Last edited by Nobby; 29-12-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 29-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Anarchosyndicalist

calne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Need help with this one. It could be Brentford v. someone, mid 70's. Don't think Palace were the away team, wherever I took it, but I might be wrong. Can anyone confirm it's Griffin Park? I occasionally went there when I was a student and Palace were away:

I would have thought you're right:

(A 1982 photograph)

And BTW, my Dad and myself also used to go to Griffin Park occasionally if Palace were away.

Palace ST holder for 40 years. Palace bonded me with my Dad. I met my partner and several great friends through the club. Palace have mad, passionate, funny supporters, and ex-players who care enough about the club to stay in touch. It's a roller-coaster ride, but thatís the way we like it. And itís not plastic. Palace til I die.
Old 29-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Anarchosyndicalist

Quote:
The saddest part about it is that I so desperately wanted sideburns, but clearly wasn't old enough to grow them, so I let my hair grow long on the side in front of my ears to make it look like I did have them.
Kind of a pre-teen comb-over.
But net result is I look mentally ill.
A sort of pudding basin with fake sideys.

Old 29-12-2011, 01:10 AM
6000 miles from there

Nobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by calne eagle

I would have thought you're right:

(A 1982 photograph)

And BTW, my Dad and myself also used to go to Griffin Park occasionally if Palace were away.
Wow. Conclusive evidence. Thanks!
Btw, the only time I've ever fallen asleep standing up was at Brentford. Leaning on a crush barrier, in a sparsely attended and very boring game. Behind the goal at the end your photo's taken from.
Old 29-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Banned by Moderators

movingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
photoshop'ed
Old 29-12-2011, 01:55 AM
6000 miles from there

Love it.
Only thing is, it was the year before the yellow collar. It was still sky blue!

Last edited by Nobby; 29-12-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 29-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Banned by Moderators

movingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screenmovingForward has to read the song lyrics on the big screen

Old 29-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Thread of the year for me (just in time for the annual awards?)
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 29-12-2011, 12:28 PM

Archiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is that a genuine Timex Nobby?
Old 30-12-2011, 05:58 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingForward
photoshop'ed
I had that damn shirt... but for some inexplicable reason I must have thrown it out (probably when clearing my parents house out).

I'm convinced I could still fit in it!
Old 30-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Great pictures, i still have Claret n Blue scarfs in the loft
Old 30-12-2011, 07:22 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Love it.
Only thing is, it was the year before the yellow collar.

Amber!

Old 31-12-2011, 12:33 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2

Amber!

Yeah... and the shirt is burgundy with thin teal stripes!
Old 31-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Banned by Moderators

Old 31-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Not counting chickens, but wou;dn't that be great for a league cup final shirt?

Would sell like hot cakes, be a good revenue stream for the club.
Old 31-12-2011, 08:37 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingForward
That just doesn't look right to me.

Before my time, but not sure I've seen one that had so many stripes and those colors.
Old 14-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Arthur Wait Stand just as construction had just commenced

"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 15-01-2012, 01:41 AM
The Spiky One

From an old newspaper I have:

Quote:
The previous season Palace had sold probably their best player, Alan Stephenson to West Ham for ₤100,000, this money was being used to fund the building of the Park Road Stand (Which would later became known as the Arthur Wait Stand). The estimated cost was an incredible ₤158,000, and was expected to be complete by February ’69.
Old 15-01-2012, 02:36 AM

palacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle
Arthur Wait Stand just as construction had just commenced

Fantastic picture