Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 18-03-2012, 09:31 PM

palacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalacelad1970 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by telodaja
Nope

What a great site To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Tired

Man of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flange
28k V West Ham and barely a copper or deranged steward in sight.

Where did it all go so wrong?
In fairness the AW was (apart from the small section of seating on the top right was always exclusively Palace until we bacame all seater. That day (and I was only 11, but remember it well,) there was a large amount of "unannounced" WestHam support in the AW, which became apparent when we, then they scored.

IMHO the fact that the media did and continue to ignore WH's viralent hooligan element is further reason to dislike them intently.
Old 18-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Mods Rule!!!

whyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad1970
None of the photo's upload for me

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 18-03-2012, 10:39 PM

nicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyteleafeeagle
None of the photo's upload for me
only the home page seems to work
Old 19-03-2012, 01:48 PM

Polak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpalace

The photos work fine for me. Great collection. Sorry, that's not meant to be a 'look at me, I'm better than you' comment, just pointing out that it's not an issue with the site.
Old 19-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Optimistic Eagle

telodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad1970
Thanks, it needs some updating which hopefully I will have time to do over the next few months.
Old 19-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Optimistic Eagle

telodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is finetelodaja is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpalace
The web host removed wiki apps so all the stats have dis-appeared, I am trying to teach myself how to upload spreadsheets. The photo pages still open OK, though they have not been updated for a while, something I hope to be able to put right in the near future.
Old 23-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 23-03-2012, 10:11 PM

billy_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Kent
In fairness the AW was (apart from the small section of seating on the top right was always exclusively Palace until we bacame all seater. That day (and I was only 11, but remember it well,) there was a large amount of "unannounced" WestHam support in the AW, which became apparent when we, then they scored.

IMHO the fact that the media did and continue to ignore WH's viralent hooligan element is further reason to dislike them intently.
My brother and I were right in the middle of what turned out to be the ICF. We heard a couple of guys talking a bit earlier and definitely were convinced they were east end accents then they mentioned mile end road. We decided to move sharpish just as it all kicked off. Never liked Wet Spam. From memory it was also last season Brooking played and he was different class on the day.
Old 23-03-2012, 10:34 PM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strictly Palace
Hope this works as I have never attached pictures before.

I have attached a picture of the Whitehorse Lane on 7 May 1983 v Derby, and two pictures of a packed Selhurst when we played West Ham in the FA Cup in 1984 (I think)

Note there is no over-the-top segregation in the Arthur Wait
It looks packed - funny how your memory plays tricks on you - I can remember a massive gap between us and West Ham at the far end of the Enclosure that day
Old 23-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Tired

Man of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_gilberts_hammer
My brother and I were right in the middle of what turned out to be the ICF. We heard a couple of guys talking a bit earlier and definitely were convinced they were east end accents then they mentioned mile end road. We decided to move sharpish just as it all kicked off. Never liked Wet Spam. From memory it was also last season Brooking played and he was different class on the day.
I remember my Dad being blown away by Brooking. He didn't run when he could walk, but seemed to have all the time in the world when he had the ball.
Old 24-03-2012, 01:23 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle
Still my favourite Palace kit.... simple like me.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Palace since 1989

Scrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The last Palace open day I went to as a kid. i was about 5/6 I reckon.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Kent
He didn't run when he could walk.
We've had a few of those over the years to be fair.
Old 15-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here

"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 15-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Old School Palace

Pistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is here
I love these threads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Can you imagine the sky commentators making some reference to South Londoners enjoying their day out - cut to a 40 year old in full Palace kit dribbling whilst a mexican wave flies past.
http://www.fishfight.net
http://www.fsf.org.uk/

ST Holder:Block D: Lower Homesdale
Old 26-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Arthur goes up

"Roll with Rizla"

Old 23-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 23-03-2013, 12:57 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_gilberts_hammer
Gow'd blimey, lucky you weren't marched up the Mile End road to the Olympic Stadium.
Old 23-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle
Arthur goes up

"Roll with Rizla"
Love the way it's still a functioning stand, plus building works going on.