Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Unlucky Charm

joshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpitt
Looks rubbish, the TV programs are the sort of rubbish that knock about on ITV3
Film selection is awful but I'm not sure how you could call Breaking Bad, The Office, Arrested Development, 24, South Park or even Scrubs 'rubbish'.

Mixed with some of the better UK shows produced in the last 10 years; Doctor Who, The Thick of It, Top Gear, Shameless, Spooks and Little Britain. I'm not sure what you're complaining about, really.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Had it for 3 months here in Canada, got what i wanted out of it old movie wise and after that it might as well been a movie network on cable .

After a while got a bit pissed with "this movie is not available" or TV series.

Well worth doing the free month mind,something for nothing and you will find something.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuah
Film selection is awful but I'm not sure how you could call Breaking Bad, The Office, Arrested Development, 24, South Park or even Scrubs 'rubbish'.

Mixed with some of the better UK shows produced in the last 10 years; Doctor Who, The Thick of It, Top Gear, Shameless, Spooks and Little Britain. I'm not sure what you're complaining about, really.
I can see very few of the shows you're listing there on the site, am I missing something?
Old 09-01-2012, 09:00 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Got it today and it's much better than Lovefilm already! HD movies for a start. Content for launch is not bad and streaming quality to iPhone, iPad and AppleTV (it's available today) is very good and very quick.

Watched South Park over lunch at work today on the phone over 3G which was cool.

Pretty good so far.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:01 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
I can see very few of the shows you're listing there on the site, am I missing something?
Yep, they're all there as is inbetweeners.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Unlucky Charm

joshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the blues
Quote:
The selection by the looks of it
Old 09-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've signed up for the free month's trial. The selection seems pretty good and I like the way the site is structured. The 'fastforwarding' that shows you the shots of various scenes as you scroll is lovely too.

However I tried to stream Robocop and the motion was pretty stuttery, albeit intermittently seemed fine - with a 50meg Virgin broadband account you'd expect a decent quality stream. Can only hope this is a teething problem as I will just download otherwise.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Netflix is so popular in the US because you don't have to sit through an over bearing number of ads to watch a show/film. You have the BBC to go to if you want to watch ad free tv so I'm not sure Netflix will be as successful in th uk.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 AM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen
Yes they do. LoveFilm instant package - unlimited streaming, nothing by post, for £4.99 a month.
That's weird. I've just gone back and double checked and that is not an option that is available to me. Don't know why. I have one of the bigger packages (easy ladies, easy) that includes streaming.

Hmm. Puzzled.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
My netflix app has vanished from my PS3 and there appears to be no means to download it from anywhere.

Utterly bizarre. It was there two days ago.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had a quick play with the 360 app last night and was impressed. It depends if they can maintain regular title updates. Given Lovefilm's piss poor offering, they are there for the taking even if they are slightly more expensive.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm only really interested if I can watch the content while offline - 90% of my viewing is done while commuting, and 3G links while on the train are sketchy at best.

If they can do that, then sign me up.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanepe
That's weird. I've just gone back and double checked and that is not an option that is available to me. Don't know why. I have one of the bigger packages (easy ladies, easy) that includes streaming.

Hmm. Puzzled.
Here is a screenshot of what I see...
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2012-01-10 at 09.46.02.png (61.8 KB, 54 views)
Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen
Here is a screenshot of what I see...
Thanks. That's not on mine at all and I looked recently and one of the FAQ's was can I have streaming only and no discs and the answer was no. That was about a week ago before this thread was started.

Maybe it's a new offering as I see it says introductory offer or somesuch on your screenshot.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM
All Hail Discordia!

fnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
the selection shown online before you sign up beggars belief, it's almost like they're trying to not get people to sign up. Much better after you join. Tried the PS3 last night with a few South Park episodes and it looked clear with no buffering, and the FF/RW controls seemed to be much better than Lovefilm. I'll certainly be giving it a good go during the trial period, and I've hardly touched Lovefilm for months. should be rock solid after I get BT Infinity next week
Old 15-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
So how are people getting on now?

I'm pretty pleased so far, selection could be better for sure but I think it's probably worth it for 6 quid a month.

Shame there aren't more ways to watch, we have it on both WIIs and ipad / computers etc but wish there were better ways of watching on TV.

Does anyone use apple TV with Netflix in the UK?

Do all Xboxes support Netflix?
Old 15-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I may well sign up in the Spring, when FTTC arrives in Ewhurst. Until then, 0.5Mbps isn't really sufficient.
Old 15-01-2012, 05:15 PM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrist : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Does anyone use apple TV with Netflix in the UK?
Yup, that is what I'm doing. Works a treat!

One annoying thing that I've spotted though is that there is no way to create a list of films that you want to watch. Only way I've managed to do something like this is to start watching the film and it gets added to your 'recently watched' list. That will have to do for the time being.

Anyone got any recommendations of things to watch?
Old 15-01-2012, 05:19 PM
looking at things

cross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Dreadful selection. A bit like the local corner shop's VHS selection in the early '80's.
Old 15-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trist
Yup, that is what I'm doing. Works a treat!

One annoying thing that I've spotted though is that there is no way to create a list of films that you want to watch. Only way I've managed to do something like this is to start watching the film and it gets added to your 'recently watched' list. That will have to do for the time being.

Anyone got any recommendations of things to watch?
We are looking at watching a few American TV shows, 'Breaking Bad', 'Jericho', 'Weeds' - stuff like that.