Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 15-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Ploughing through weeds and Borgia at the moment. Weeds okay, Borgia average but watching it as I am interested in that period of history.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 15-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
How does Borgia compare to its HBO namesake?

Any more of that ilk?
Old 15-01-2012, 10:49 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
So how are people getting on now?

I'm pretty pleased so far, selection could be better for sure but I think it's probably worth it for 6 quid a month.

Shame there aren't more ways to watch, we have it on both WIIs and ipad / computers etc but wish there were better ways of watching on TV.

Does anyone use apple TV with Netflix in the UK?

Do all Xboxes support Netflix?
Xbox does if you have a Gold account and works pretty well. I'm watching through Apple TV (jailbroken for xbmc too) and watching 24 which I never caught before, enjoying much and theres enough there to keep me going for years!

Probably going to do Prison Break next and I've heard good things about Arrested Development. Will def keep it going past the free period as the kids love Spongebob and the other kid things. For 6 its a good deal and much better than Lovefilm.

You can pick up AppleTV in the US for under 70 which is cool too, jailbreak is easy and xbmc works a treat on it.

MKVs with H264 containers are a synch but its a no for High Def divx unfortunately. Loving the Neon skin.
Old 15-01-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I may well sign up in the Spring, when FTTC arrives in Ewhurst. Until then, 0.5Mbps isn't really sufficient.
Works fine for me through Three on the iPhone. Haven't tried Tether but I would expect it will be fine.
Old 15-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully
Xbox does if you have a Gold account and works pretty well. I'm watching through Apple TV (jailbroken for xbmc too) and watching 24 which I never caught before, enjoying much and theres enough there to keep me going for years!

Probably going to do Prison Break next and I've heard good things about Arrested Development. Will def keep it going past the free period as the kids love Spongebob and the other kid things. For 6 its a good deal and much better than Lovefilm.

You can pick up AppleTV in the US for under 70 which is cool too, jailbreak is easy and xbmc works a treat on it.

MKVs with H264 containers are a synch but its a no for High Def divx unfortunately. Loving the Neon skin.
Doesn't apple tv support netflix natively?

How much is Xbox gold? What else do you get for the membership?
Old 15-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully
Works fine for me through Three on the iPhone. Haven't tried Tether but I would expect it will be fine.
I believe Netflix suggest a minimum of 1.5Mbit/sec
Old 15-01-2012, 11:13 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
How much is Xbox gold? What else do you get for the membership?
About 35 to 40/year and you get game demos and shit before the Silver (i.e. free) members. You can play online and you can use the Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Sky and now Netflix apps on your 360 (probably forgot about 1 or 2). According to the Xbox Live website, you also get discounts on DLC and stuff which could be useful if you bother buying that kind of stuff. A bit pricey but worth it if you're going to use your 360 for gaming as well as the other stuff.
Old 15-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Thx - so no sky - lastfm - Netflix on free membership?
Old 15-01-2012, 11:40 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thx - so no sky - lastfm - Netflix on free membership?
Nope. You pretty much have to get Gold to do anything apart from play single player games and get delayed stuff from the Marketplace.
Old 15-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Gold gives you 4oD etc too
Old 15-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Non T-Total

Lion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Met the guys from Netflix in Vegas a few days ago and they mentioned that on launch the content won't be huge, but there will be a lot more in the next 30 days.

Not a big fan of Lovefilm and their streaming service (that has always performed a little shit for me) and the Netflix apps are great. Price is also pretty decent..

Think they will take a good share of the market over the next 6-12 months.
Old 15-01-2012, 11:57 PM

Travelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Very poor movie selection - for example searching for "Woody Allen" brings up two results only.

Controlling it by speech on the Xbox Kinect is pretty cool though.
Old 16-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07
Nope. You pretty much have to get Gold to do anything apart from play single player games and get delayed stuff from the Marketplace.
Thanks.

Not liking this as an idea, appleTV seems better
Old 16-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Apple tv much more interesting now, for this reason too.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 16-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

It's a very expensive way to view content, IMHO.

Music, fine because you can use on multiple devices and you would probably replay music many times.

Not convinced you would ever do this with tv shows. This is why Netflix, all you can eat packages, are interesting.
Old 16-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Not seen the cost yet. Is it that prohibitive?

As for Borgia - it's okay, not seen the Jeremy Irons version. The Canal plus one is a bit confused. Only four episodes in so far though and John Doman's accent is doing my head in.
Old 16-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

I assume it's the same price as iTunes, 3.99 an episode, 39.99 a season

Borgias, on HBO, was enjoyable albeit playing fast and lose with history at times
Old 16-01-2012, 09:54 AM
All Hail Discordia!

fnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
I've seen Drive Angry and over half of The Thick Of It over the weekend and still very impressed by Netflix. I can see me subscribing until I run out of content (which might not take long unless they get some new stuff soon)
Old 16-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A Guardian interview with the boss of Netflix and his plans for the UK To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-01-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I believe Netflix suggest a minimum of 1.5Mbit/sec
Should be fine then, I get 5 mb down 2 up on three.