Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 16-01-2012, 06:29 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Thanks.

Not liking this as an idea, appleTV seems better
Definitely, I have all three but appleTV is the one I use. Irt your earlier question, no jb necessary but it runs fine with it too. AppleTV is a great little device, wish I'd got one earlier rather than the revo tbh. Already replaced both revos with one now with the Mac Mini on the other TV it's all good although a bit too reliant on Cupertino for my sanity...
Old 16-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
I assume it's the same price as iTunes, 3.99 an episode, 39.99 a season

Borgias, on HBO, was enjoyable albeit playing fast and lose with history at times
Yep
Old 16-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not sure I'd be an AppleTV when Apple's iTV comes out in Q3. Will wait and see what that has in store, although it's sure to be a money pit.
Old 16-01-2012, 06:40 PM

For 65 it's was a no brainer for as a way to stream my music wirelessly to every device in the house.

Now it's got Netflix and streaming its made it a whole lot more entertaining.

Share spotify from the iPhone / iPad and it's great.

Got AirFoil on the Mac and you can shove any sound down it via AirPlay that you want.
Old 16-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully
For 65 it's was a no brainer for as a way to stream my music wirelessly to every device in the house.
My airport express takes care of that very nicely.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 16-01-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Not sure I'd be an AppleTV when Apple's iTV comes out in Q3. Will wait and see what that has in store, although it's sure to be a money pit.
There's always something else coming out, just get it when it does...why deny yourself now?
Old 16-01-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
My airport express takes care of that very nicely.
Agreed but can it do video too

Besides I didn't have one!
Old 16-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Agreed but can it do video too

Besides I didn't have one!
I don't get how the Apple TV connects to the hifi in different rooms though.

I am probably being dense, but I would need many airport expresses to make it work in my house, so how does apple tv get around that.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 16-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
There's always something else coming out, just get it when it does...why deny yourself now?
For the things I'd use it for, I'd be better off getting a cheap small PC or netbook.

Need to be able to stream live from browser to my TV.
Old 16-01-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I don't get how the Apple TV connects to the hifi in different rooms though.

I am probably being dense, but I would need many airport expresses to make it work in my house, so how does apple tv get around that.
I have multiple AppleTVs, one connected to each TV / surround system.
Old 16-01-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
For the things I'd use it for, I'd be better off getting a cheap small PC or netbook.

Need to be able to stream live from browser to my TV.
I just swapped out my net tops for ATV2s
Old 29-01-2012, 09:50 PM

Palace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Spent most of the weekend watching Breaking Bad. It is brilliant and i can only concur with the other recommendations on his thread.
Old 29-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:

Now it's got Netflix and streaming its made it a whole lot more entertaining.

Share spotify from the iPhone / iPad and it's great.

Got AirFoil on the Mac and you can shove any sound down it via AirPlay that you want.
Missed this, where is atv2 65?
Old 29-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Happy Felix Day!

America?
Old 29-01-2012, 11:38 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Started my free trial of Netflix at the weekend.

Using it mainly on my PS3, watched the first ever episode of Power Rangers () and then the film Buried.

Overall, been impressed so far, but selection could definitely be better, hopefully that will improve. Will be tempted to pay the 5.99 a month tbh, especially for the TV shows.

Has anyone tried LoveFilm's streaming service, and compared it to this?
Old 30-01-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
America?
Indeed, go with work 3-4 times a year so it's a no brainer. I'm there again in March Dave if you want one. Xchange last time was 68
Old 30-01-2012, 12:35 AM
BBS BTC Baron

Russ_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle101
Started my free trial of Netflix at the weekend.

Overall, been impressed so far, but selection could definitely be better, hopefully that will improve. Will be tempted to pay the 5.99 a month tbh, especially for the TV shows.
Very much doubt it'll get much better, I've had NF pretty much since it's inception here in the US. Once you've had it for a while and watched what you want to watch it get's a bit boring as they don't update the content often as they should (IMHO) & when they do it not always the latest stuff.

With BBC iPlayer/ITV Player etc etc I hate to say it but i really can't see NetFlix becoming a huge success in the U.K as it was in the US.
Old 30-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Indeed, go with work 3-4 times a year so it's a no brainer. I'm there again in March Dave if you want one. Xchange last time was 68
Do you have to buy an American power adapter?
Old 30-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_uk
Very much doubt it'll get much better, I've had NF pretty much since it's inception here in the US. Once you've had it for a while and watched what you want to watch it get's a bit boring as they don't update the content often as they should (IMHO) & when they do it not always the latest stuff.

With BBC iPlayer/ITV Player etc etc I hate to say it but i really can't see NetFlix becoming a huge success in the U.K as it was in the US.
I think it's generally agreed that the US selection is better and that the UK selection will improve.

It's also pretty cool if you have kids as they love on demand stuff, especially when it's available on a Wii etc.

So for six quid I will probably keep a sub
Old 30-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I have multiple AppleTVs, one connected to each TV / surround system.
I was going to try one in our 2nd living area as a XBMC host. Then found I couldnt add AVI files to Itunes without converting them. I even tried putting them in a MOV container via quicktime but couldnt get that to work either.

It's good to see these 3rd party providers starting everywhere. International TV on demand is just about home and hosed now.

I would rather pay 10 bucks or so a month from a very comprehensive provider than download torrents.... we're not quite there yet though.