Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 28-03-2015, 05:53 AM

Palaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I spoke to Danny last week about that night and he has given me a brilliant contribution to my book.

The Palace Addiction.
A fans eye view of the 09/10 season.
Available in the club shop and online store as a paperback, as well as Amazon as a paperback and ebook. 7.99 as a PB, 3.99 as an ebook.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref...x=the+palace+a
Old 28-03-2015, 07:01 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
What a match that was - my son had flown in from Valencia and he managed to get to the ground 30 minutes before kick off. You don't forget performances like that, even better as Danny B was such a nice bloke
Old 28-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Rollercoaster rider

RednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Agreed ROB, one of my favouritest (!) Palace players. Smashing bloke - would always stop for a 'hello'. Made me smile to see those goals again.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:54 AM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
*Bump*

Happy Butterfield Day, everyone! Great, great memories!

Last edited by Olympian2; 02-02-2016 at 06:10 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:34 AM

Palaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
“I have nothing to lose, have fun. If I have a stinker, it won't matter coz I'm no forward anyway!”
All the thoughts that were going through my head as I went into the game. But more importantly, my team mates saw me as the joker and found it amusing I was being given the chance to play as a striker. As usual, the pre match "Dance off to the Proclaimers" followed, with the dressing room rocking and our team spirit tighter than ever considering what we were going through. We were ready for an upset! I remember not playing too well myself in the first half and then WOW! 3 goals??? Me??? No??? Still to this day I'm embarrassed it was me, but proud too as Palace are, and will always be, a part of my life.

A massive thanks goes to big Alan Lee, who battered their back four all night, and I took the goals... (Did I just say that?) The fans got a night to remember and most importantly, some more money to get the club out of the mess that we were in. As a group of players and club, it felt like the world was against us but with the togetherness in the dressing room, backed up by such loyal fans, there was no way that season was going to end in failure. On a personal note, I suspected that the hat-trick might sell a few more shirts in the club shop too – and with my name on the back...

Danny Butterfield talking about that night (taken from The Palace Addiction)

The Palace Addiction.
A fans eye view of the 09/10 season.
Available in the club shop and online store as a paperback, as well as Amazon as a paperback and ebook. 7.99 as a PB, 3.99 as an ebook.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref...x=the+palace+a
Old 02-02-2016, 07:08 AM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Still one of my best ever Palace memories. Seems like a golden dream now.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:18 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Happy Butterfield Day!
Old 02-02-2016, 01:42 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
What a night. What. A Night. Palace cult hero forever.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:08 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Some pretty suspect goalkeeping there. Whatever happened to him?
Old 02-02-2016, 04:45 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
That night was the first time me and my then 12year old son stood together in block B
it was proper mental and made me feel like 18 again , enjoyed it so much I moved our season tickets to block C LH and have been standing and jumping about like a loon ever since
Old 02-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
6 years ago. Bloody hell.

Watched it on my own in a pub in Bristol. Remember going to the toilet after his 2nd I think and the bloke I got talking to came running in telling me he's scored another. Nearly pissed over him
Old 02-02-2016, 05:07 PM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I love the fact that my memory of this was nudged when I checked my Facebook this morning and it reminded me that my status 6 years ago today was;

'I've seen some strange things in my time but never anything quite as bizarre as that. Danny B, I ****in' love you'
Old 02-02-2016, 10:54 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Still struggling to believe that happened, even after all these years.

One of the best nights at SP

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by JDawg; 02-02-2016 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:07 PM

cpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcpfc since 1963 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
Some pretty suspect goalkeeping there. Whatever happened to him?

Player/coach at Exeter City
Old 06-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc since 1963 View Post
Player/coach at Exeter City
I suspect he was referring to the Wolves goalkeeper

Believe in Bouncebackability.

Aki Riihilahti - probably the best asylum seeker in the world.
Old 25-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Went out to take my two month old puppy for a bit of toilet training when we went 1-0 up praying we could keep it at 1-0 at least until I got back indoors. Came back in and it was bloody 3-0! Love it.

Butterfield hatrick? WTF??
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 25-02-2016, 10:02 PM

EaglesMad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesMad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesMad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesMad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesMad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesMad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesMad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesMad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesMad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesMad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesMad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rang my Brother (in amazement - sorry Danny) when he had scored his second, and we got to celebrate his perfect hattrick on the phone together - superb!

Amazing!!!
Old 28-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just watched this through again, one of may all time favourite moments. Couldn't be happier for Butts.

Shocking goalkeeping by some guy called Hennessy
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:47 AM

Happy Butterfield Day, everyone!

Don't mention it to Henno!
Old 02-02-2017, 06:58 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
One of my favourite Palace moments, ever.

For those 6 minutes Butterfield is a Palace hero for all time.