Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

View Poll Results: Will Palace end the season above the Albion ?
Yes - but by less than 5 points 11 26.83%
Yes - and by 5 points or more 6 14.63%
No - but they will finish less than 5 points below 12 29.27%
No - and they will finish by 5 points or more below 12 29.27%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-02-2012, 09:03 PM

andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Yup, you're having a great season - your best in two decades - and will probably finish the season above us. Fair play, and well done.

A few years back Swindon, punching well above their weight, had a season in the Premiership. Then they fell back to their level and, well, look at them now.

Enjoy your flirtation with the big boys. I have no doubt whatsoever you'll be back amid the dross of League One in five years time, just as we'll probably make our eyes at the play-offs and the relegation spots but stay where we are, safe and secure in the Championship.

Brighton: the next Swindon, the next Bradford, the next Oldham. Big deal.
Time will tell. I've supported Brighton for 20 years, this is the best ive known.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:05 PM

eagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles2345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17YearsPlus
That's why your support is leaving you in droves - boring, no ambition.

Crystal Palace : the next Crystal Palace
no thats why you have averaged 6,000 for the last 10 years small club
Old 16-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Nope, our support isn't leaving us. You have to take into account fanbase perspective.

Brighton getting great crowds because they're punching above their perceived weight in the Championship.

Palace getting mediocre crowds because they're punching below (or at) their perceived weight in the same division. (Like Birmingham, and Coventry, and Middlesbrough, and Pompey, and so on.)

Our fairweathers see the Prem as a big deal, yours see Prem and Champ the same way. Not saying its right, just how it is.

To judge on an even keel we'd both have to be in the same league for 4/5 years to stabilise the expectations of the fanbase.

Or are you honestly telling me that you're suddenly a bigger club than all those teams listed above, because you've pulled in better crowds over half of an astonishingly-succesful-in-comparison season?

Because if so, we can't even have a logical debate on this.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 16-02-2012, 09:10 PM

andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980
Quote:
Nope, our support isn't leaving us. You have to take into account fanbase perspective.

Brighton getting great crowds because they're punching above their perceived weight in the Championship.

Palace getting mediocre crowds because they're punching below (or at) their perceived weight in the same division. (Like Birmingham, and Coventry, and Middlesbrough, and Pompey, and so on.)

Our fairweathers see the Prem as a big deal, yours see Prem and Champ the same way. Not saying its right, just how it is.

To judge on an even keel we'd both have to be in the same league for 4/5 years to stabilise the expectations of the fanbase.

Or are you honestly telling me that you're suddenly a bigger club than all those teams listed above, because you've pulled in better crowds over half of an astonishingly-succesful-in-comparison season?

Because if so, we can't even have a logical debate on this.
I wander what happened to peterborough fans then.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:11 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1980
Time will tell. I've supported Brighton for 20 years, this is the best ive known.
Not saying much though is it Andy.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 16-02-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old git
Not saying much though is it Andy.
What 15 games from the end of season and still a massive chance of making the play-offs. Having players like Vicente in our squad.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Easy.

1. Not a new stadium, which of course is bound to bring in new punters for a season or two.

2. Narrower catchment area from which to attract fans.

3. They're still at close to capacity in terms of this season's attendance.

Old 16-02-2012, 09:15 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
The short answer to Phallus's (whoops sorry 17 years plus) is no. Palace as a club are moving forward. New owners, good young players, more points than last year and a league cup semi. You would expect Palace to be higher placed next year than this season. Oh, Phallus/17 years plus, by the way I look forward to your team gaining promotion to the Championship this year as it is another derby to go to.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Easy.

1. Not a new stadium, which of course is bound to bring in new punters for a season or two.

2. Narrower area from which to attract fans.

3. They're still at close to capacity in terms of this season's attendance.
Their capacity according to wikpedia is 15,314 average attendance is 9,130 thats 59.6% 18 highest percentage of capacity wise.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:21 PM
BOOM ! game over.

17YearsPlus has to read the song lyrics on the big screen17YearsPlus has to read the song lyrics on the big screen17YearsPlus has to read the song lyrics on the big screen17YearsPlus has to read the song lyrics on the big screen17YearsPlus has to read the song lyrics on the big screen17YearsPlus has to read the song lyrics on the big screen17YearsPlus has to read the song lyrics on the big screen17YearsPlus has to read the song lyrics on the big screen17YearsPlus has to read the song lyrics on the big screen17YearsPlus has to read the song lyrics on the big screen17YearsPlus has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle
The short answer to Phallus's (whoops sorry 17 years plus) is no. Palace as a club are moving forward. New owners, good young players, more points than last year and a league cup semi. You would expect Palace to be higher placed next year than this season. Oh, Phallus/17 years plus, by the way I look forward to your team gaining promotion to the Championship this year as it is another derby to go to.

Is that No to the question I put about naming a decent player that has come out of the Palace Academy ? - because if it is then I make you right.

How are you moving forward ? Decreasing crowds , a ground that is a disgrace, a manager that is being found out as not good enough, fans beginning to get on his back (look at main board), your best players likely to leave at end of the season, and being knocked back by Bournemouth on transfer requests.

MASSIVE club that !
Old 16-02-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle
You might be moving forward, but I believe we are moving forward faster.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:23 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
What 15 games from the end of season and still a massive chance of making the play-offs. Having players like Vicente in our squad.
No,I mean saying that is the best you have seen in 20 years.That is beyond dispute.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 16-02-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old git
No,I mean saying that is the best you have seen in 20 years.That is beyond dispute.
Yep and I'm so excited, occasionally its hard not to get carried away, but i;m trying hard not to.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Captain Fun.

Quote:
Their capacity according to wikpedia is 15,314 average attendance is 9,130 thats 59.6% 18 highest percentage of capacity wise.
Ok, you've convinced me you're perhaps bigger than the almighty Peterborough. Or I'll say so just so as not to get hung up on that triviality.

Now - taking the Palace debate entirely out of the equation - give me a compelling argument as to why getting half a season's bigger crowds than them instantly makes you a bigger club than Birmingham City.

I'm absolutely open to a reasonable debate here.

Old 16-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Posh's attendances were reasonably poor in their first season in the Championship a couple of seasons ago. Their attendances haven't dramatically dropped off. If anything, they are slightly higher this time around.

As for the original question. It's not, Brighton have had a good couple of seasons but you haven't finished above us yet. If you do, fair play to you but it's all forward momentum at the moment. Once that's halted, what happens then? If you lose a few at home, will all the new fans start losing interest? You can't tell for a couple of years but I'm willing to bet the attendances will fall and the interest will wane.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Ok, you've convinced me you're perhaps bigger than the almighty Peterborough. Or I'll say so just so as not to get hung up on that triviality.

Now - taking the Palace argument entirely out of the equation - give me a compelling argument as to why getting half a season's bigger crowds than them instantly makes you a bigger club than Birmingham City.

I'm absolutely open to a reasonable debate here.
Ok no one said it does, Birmingham were in the premiership last year, You were struggling in the championship last season. Therefore the gap between us was a lot less. Don't forget you lot are as obseesed with our attendances, as we are.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete eagle
Posh's attendances were reasonably poor in their first season in the Championship a couple of seasons ago. Their attendances haven't dramatically dropped off. If anything, they are slightly higher this time around.

As for the original question. It's not, Brighton have had a good couple of seasons but you haven't finished above us yet. If you do, fair play to you but it's all forward momentum at the moment. Once that's halted, what happens then? If you lose a few at home, will all the new fans start losing interest? You can't tell for a couple of years but I'm willing to bet the attendances will fall and the interest will wane.
You are forgetting we went 10 games without a win, and our attendances weren't effected.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Ok no one said it does, Birmingham were in the premiership last year, You were struggling in the championship last season. Therefore the gap between us was a lot less. Don't forget you lot are as obseesed with our attendances, as we are.
Obsessed? No, we only respond to the inane drivel being fed to us about how you lot are suddenly amazing because for once in a blue moon, you have higher attendances.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Captain Fun.

Quote:
Don't forget you lot are as obseesed with our attendances, as we are.
Really?!

Personally, I couldn't give a toss. I'll admit it'd be jarring to watch your mob get promoted, but a couple of season's worth of bigger crowds than us is no biggie.

If each of the next three campaigns ends with us having smaller average attendances but taking four points from six against you, I'll be delighted.

Old 16-02-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Really?!

Personally, I couldn't give a toss. I'll admit it'd be jarring to watch your mob get promoted, but a couple of season's worth of bigger crowds than us is no biggie.

If each of the next three campaigns ends with us having smaller average attendances but taking four points from six against you, I'll be delighted.
On here if you look at the threads, you lot start the attendance stuff as much as us.