Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-04-2012, 06:38 PM
keep calm and curry on

firesign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
I've now had time to look at To view the link you have to Register or Login in more detail.

It really is quite clear...

A person is guilty of an offence if heó
(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; or
(b)causes any such message or matter to be so sent.

A person is guilty of an offence if, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, heó
(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network, a message that he knows to be false,
(b)causes such a message to be sent; or
(c)persistently makes use of a public electronic communications network.

It's barely a new Act, and one that is designed to stop remote nastiness and bullying.
it may be clear, but that doesn't mean it is right. If I were to post on twitter the address of the PM, including a pic of 10 Downing Street, then suggest to others that they should send shit to the occupant (which, obvoiusly, I wouldn't!) should that really be enough to put me behind bars?
Old 16-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Semper idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign
it may be clear, but that doesn't mean it is right. If I were to post on twitter the address of the PM, including a pic of 10 Downing Street, then suggest to others that they should send shit to the occupant (which, obvoiusly, I wouldn't!) should that really be enough to put me behind bars?
Given that it is a) an entirely anti-social act that b) encourages others to break the law as well, it is readily deserving of punishment. (Behind bars is neither here nor there).

What you should question is what sort of society do you want to live in; one where people register their protest in an unpleasant and bullying way? Why should elected politicians be punished in this way? All you would be doing is throwing a childish strop; there are many other legal and effective ways to protest. Watch Ghandi.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-04-2012, 06:51 PM
keep calm and curry on

firesign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefiresign : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
well here are the offensive tweets - as published all over the web

'Which c*** lives in a house like this. Answers on a postcard to #bexleycouncil.'
'Itís silly posting a picture of a house on Twitter without an address, that will come later. Please feel free to post actual s**t.'

I'd like to think that the vast majority of people are intelligent enough not to carry out Mr Kerlan's request.
Old 16-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Semper idem

Quote:

Yup.

I don't see what difference that makes.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
Yup.

I don't see what difference that makes.
If those tweets really are the reason for someone being found guilty then perhaps James has had a point about certain posts on the BBS. Loads of members, certainly including myself, have posted worse on here.

Old 16-04-2012, 07:33 PM
keep calm and curry on

here are a handful of tweets received by Alan Davies following his comments about the Hillborough disaster:

You made fun of dead people so the logical thing to do is make you one of the dead people. Speak of fighting fire with fire...

Absolutely shocking comments from you all respect lost **** just try going to liverpool now you will ****ing die

Go kill yourself you horrible ****, disrepecting people who lost their lives, come to liverpool so you get what you deserve

Then I'll kick you in what PASSES for your b****cks & pour paint over the grave of someone VERY dear to you - LAUGHING yes?

Tit Go And Diee, u Sick Minded ****

You ****ing absolute ******, so glad your mum died, LOLOLOLOLOLOL

now, I don't think that any of these are worse than those posted by Mr Kerlan (aka Olly Cromwell) but as far as I am aware no one has been taken to court as a result

Last edited by firesign; 16-04-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 16-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBlind_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting observation Firesign.

Is there a difference Maz? (question only aimed at you as the one person I know who has actually read the legislation concerned)

Old 16-04-2012, 08:04 PM

Ridcully : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRidcully : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRidcully : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRidcully : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRidcully : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRidcully : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRidcully : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRidcully : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRidcully : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRidcully : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRidcully : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
I'm sure a lawyer would be happy to take his money for a consultation.

Do you know any lawyers? Maybe a republican one who has recently retired from the hurly-burly of real life and has time to waste/invoice?
Didn't he try his hand at PC support for a while too?

MotM 2013/14 - Puncheon (3) - 20 matches
MotM 2012/13 - Murray (6) - 26 matches

Slightly behind Dave
Old 16-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Semper idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle
Interesting observation Firesign.

Is there a difference Maz? (question only aimed at you as the one person I know who has actually read the legislation concerned)
I think the context might be relevant here.

The Kerlan tweets were part of a sustained bullying campaign and made a specific personal threat. The Davies tweets strike me as more general noise.

But who knows - with Twitter we are in new territory.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Dis-Member

Ta.

We live in interesting times.

Old 16-04-2012, 09:33 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFatboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFatboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFatboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFatboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFatboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFatboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFatboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFatboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFatboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFatboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

'Which c*** lives in a house like this. Answers on a postcard to #bexleycouncil.'
'Itís silly posting a picture of a house on Twitter without an address, that will come later. Please feel free to post actual s**t.'

I'd like to think that the vast majority of people are intelligent enough not to carry out Mr Kerlan's request.
Would these be the same intelligent people who panicked for petrol only a while ago ?
I expect a handful of people out there would think its a good idea.
Old 23-04-2012, 11:15 PM

rhino_mik : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhino_mik : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhino_mik : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhino_mik : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhino_mik : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhino_mik : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhino_mik : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhino_mik : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhino_mik : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhino_mik : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerhino_mik : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There's only a day left to watch this. It's quite unnerving that there are some desperately sad people out there.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-07-2012, 08:05 AM

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Thought this article worthy of inclusion in this thread. What I found most interesting were the comments of the DC involved in the intial investigation into the Robin Hood airport case.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
I think the context might be relevant here.

The Kerlan tweets were part of a sustained bullying campaign and made a specific personal threat. The Davies tweets strike me as more general noise.

But who knows - with Twitter we are in new territory.
Not sure if it's the same in the UK, but here they have a charge called 'communicating threats'. It can be in the form of verbal, e-mail, telephone, letter etc.

When you threaten to harm someone, it's a big deal - even if you don't mean it. Whilst I can see why many people think the stance against this stuff is a little OTT, personally I don't see the need for people to sit at a computer doling out threats to others. Is defending the right to do so really worthwhile? Is it an a activity that many on here partake in?
Old 01-07-2012, 01:52 PM
MAMIL

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC

Thought this article worthy of inclusion in this thread. What I found most interesting were the comments of the DC involved in the intial investigation into the Robin Hood airport case.
I'm stunned. Mat ov reading the Guardian.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:21 PM

Location: I'm only putting something in this field in order to create more space in the line below for my 'rep'
Mal Adjusted lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepMal Adjusted lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepMal Adjusted lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepMal Adjusted lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepMal Adjusted lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepMal Adjusted lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepMal Adjusted lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepMal Adjusted lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepMal Adjusted lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepMal Adjusted lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepMal Adjusted lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
I can beat that. Several months ago Maz quoted The Daily Mail.

We live in turbulent, confusing times.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:41 PM

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

You must have early stage dementia. I have always read the Guardian based on the notion of knowing your enemy. Never understood why people would read a newspaper they agreed with.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:32 PM
MAMIL

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fair point.

(I was, of course, just trying till be funny.)
Old 27-07-2012, 02:30 PM

N Herts Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN Herts Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN Herts Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN Herts Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN Herts Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN Herts Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN Herts Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN Herts Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN Herts Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN Herts Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineN Herts Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Personally think at last sense prevails....but hell does that now mean that as the correspondent says " the law, which now clearly accommodates irony, wit and bad taste." means PK posts are legal
Old 30-07-2012, 06:04 PM

The world is now offically insane.