Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Semper idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooders
And it's not "umbrage to" either.

Surely it's "at" or "with"?
To view the link you have to Register or Login

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-04-2012, 08:09 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've made 48,335 posts in twelve and a half years on the BBS. Blimey!

Mind you, 5,942 (over 12% of them) have been on one thread!
Old 13-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Terminator 5- N Warnock

elgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mrs elgin thinks I spend an unhealthy amount of time on the bbs, and she might be right. It amazes me that there are people with 30 times the amount of posts I have, which would suggest that their read to post ratio is 30 times what mine is.

Of course its not like that as the social posters who know each other in the real world use the bbs like public text messages and are going to get through a lot more quickly as a result. Thats not obsession, merely wife avoidance.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/World/WOR-01-220714.html

Hope for 2014/15: just be better than 3 other sides this season and keep putting other teams support to shame by getting behind the side, the management, and the owners. Anything better than this is a bonus. If we are to go down though, lets do it with a fight and not a whimper. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll be saying Tony Wholis? Warnock is a very good manager with a point to prove.
Old 13-04-2012, 08:11 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I'm not as adept at speed-reading as you.
Old 13-04-2012, 08:12 AM
On my hands and knees

Gerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian
Most of my posts are bollocks, majority of them in chit chat gold because I was bored shitless at my first accounting job role... I rarely get political or serious, I think what I'm trying to say is I need a girlfriend
Interestingly the number one spot on the posting chart is held by our old mate Golden Balls (Goldberg Basher). He's up to nearly quarter of a million posts now (60 a day) but he is happily married (or so he says anyway).

I tried to keep up with him for a while when he started his marathon. It was a fun competition for a while but he is truly obsessive if you ask me and it soon became obvious I would kill myself if I tried to keep that up. I'm down to a more sensible average of 5 a day now!!
Wembley 27th May 2013 - The Invincibles Rule The World
Upton Park 19th April 2014 - The Invincibles: Back From The Dead
Old 13-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Semper idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooders
I'm not as adept at speed-reading as you.
No. I'm just an obsessive apparently.

(Wonder if that makes the Dave & The Mods - that well known 60s band - even more obsessed?)

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-04-2012, 08:14 AM
MAMIL

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
(Wonder if that makes the Dave & The Mods - that well known 60s band - even more obsessed?)
Congratulations on finally getting your punctuation correct.
Old 13-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Semper idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
Congratulations on finally getting your punctuation correct.
That was merely an error.

(See how quickly posts can build up?).

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Maz is a lovely chap but he posts some right old shit on the BBS therefor is fair game

Just a thought
Old 13-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Terminator 5- N Warnock

elgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgin eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteagle
This 'frequent poster' business on the BBS is a fascinating phenomenon, and if you do the swift and easy mathematics, it produces a bizarre result.

We all know there are 24 hours in a day, and if we deduct sleep, say subtract 7 hours, and then another 1 hour for getting undressed, abluting, and getting dressed and abluting, a total of 8 hours, that leaves 16 waking hours per human day.

If you then subtract 1 more hour for eating,drinking and walking around from place to place at even the most basic level, that's 15 hours.

Let's say that one's work then requires something like 5 hours of undivided attention, separating out toilet breaks, lunch breaks, and general breaks. So we have 10 hours "free", some of it during our breaks at work.

Say an individual must conduct other personal business - shop, travel, talk to others, deal with day-to-day life - can take around an hour per day at the minimum. That's down to 9
hour "freedom to post on the BBS" time.

And say that you can't just post away without spending an equal amount of time having read previous posts.

So, Maz says it takes 10 seconds for him to post his posts. Double that to for Maz speed-read previous posts before he posts, and add another 10 seconds for sending the postings across the t'Internet, and we have 30 seconds per Maz post.

At Maz's posting rate of 31.38 posts per day, that's about 16 minutes of sheer, speed-reading, typing and sending posts activity per day.

Given our normal human being's 9 hours "free time to post on the BBS" or 540 minutes per day, that means Maz must post every 34 minutes, all his waking free time, every single day of the year, year in and year out, for a decade.

This cannot allow for very much other activity in Maz's life, unless it takes less than about 15 minutes to complete, to continue the incessant process of speed-reading, speed-writing, sending and going over the process again and again and again.

Maz could have enough time to fulfil a number of very brief tasks in a day, but none which would permit him to be away from his computer screen, reading the BBS, posting, sending and reading responses, for more than 10 minutes, ever.

BBS reading, posting re-reading must therefore be a very, very rewarding activity for Maz, as it is his entire waking life's sole "free-time" activity.

I like to think of this as like the urban saying about no-one in London being more than 30 feet from a rat. When concerned, I know I am only 15 minutes away from a Maz posting.

i have met goldberg basher cleaning the seats at selhurst, he has 250,000 posts and seemed not obsessive at all and quite normal. I would suggest maz is a part timer with his paltry total

Hope for 2014/15: just be better than 3 other sides this season and keep putting other teams support to shame by getting behind the side, the management, and the owners. Anything better than this is a bonus. If we are to go down though, lets do it with a fight and not a whimper. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll be saying Tony Wholis? Warnock is a very good manager with a point to prove.
Old 13-04-2012, 08:46 AM
bit scummish really

Radders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
It was dumb. Clearly not all days are the same. And clearly on fzmiliar threads one can post without reading the thread.

More to the point it was unintentionally ironic given the thread topic.
I just thought it was someone doing a quick check, which, considering the topic and your post count was a fair comment and not really worthy of the reply it got!
Old 13-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Terminator 5- N Warnock

I should add that he did tell me at the time that he works nights and as such has a lot of time at work to go on the bbs.

I did find it quite scary looking at all the empty seats and thinking he would have to clean each one TEN TIMES to acheive his post count

Old 13-04-2012, 08:50 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
With Kiteagles analysis of the average day.May I be so vulgar as to ask does any of the 100k club actually post while on the karzi?
Old 13-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstinky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've posted on the crapper before.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

www.thecronx.com

Twitter: @TheCronxBrewery
Old 13-04-2012, 08:56 AM
jft39

west country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
Dave always gets his round in too.
He is also a notorious sausage roll thief.
Old 13-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Semper idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy
He is also a notorious sausage roll thief.
He only nicks 'spare' ones.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-04-2012, 09:04 AM
bit scummish really

Radders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRadders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteagle
This 'frequent poster' business on the BBS is a fascinating phenomenon, and if you do the swift and easy mathematics, it produces a bizarre result.

We all know there are 24 hours in a day, and if we deduct sleep, say subtract 7 hours, and then another 1 hour for getting undressed, abluting, and getting dressed and abluting, a total of 8 hours, that leaves 16 waking hours per human day.

If you then subtract 1 more hour for eating,drinking and walking around from place to place at even the most basic level, that's 15 hours.

Let's say that one's work then requires something like 5 hours of undivided attention, separating out toilet breaks, lunch breaks, and general breaks. So we have 10 hours "free", some of it during our breaks at work.

Say an individual must conduct other personal business - shop, travel, talk to others, deal with day-to-day life - can take around an hour per day at the minimum. That's down to 9 hour "freedom to post on the BBS" time.

And say that you can't just post away without spending an equal amount of time having read previous posts.

So, Maz says it takes 10 seconds for him to post his posts. Double that to for Maz speed-read previous posts before he posts, and add another 10 seconds for sending the postings across the t'Internet, and we have 30 seconds per Maz post.

At Maz's posting rate of 31.38 posts per day, that's about 16 minutes of sheer, speed-reading, typing and sending posts activity per day.

Given our normal human being's 9 hours "free time to post on the BBS" or 540 minutes per day, that means Maz must post every 34 minutes, all his waking free time, every single day of the year, year in and year out, for a decade.

This cannot allow for very much other activity in Maz's life, unless it takes less than about 15 minutes to complete, to continue the incessant process of speed-reading, speed-writing, sending and going over the process again and again and again.

Maz could have enough time to fulfil a number of very brief tasks in a day, but none which would permit him to be away from his computer screen, reading the BBS, posting, sending and reading responses, for more than 10 minutes, ever.

BBS reading, posting re-reading must therefore be a very, very rewarding activity for Maz, as it is his entire waking life's sole "free-time" activity.

I like to think of this as like the urban saying about no-one in London being more than 30 feet from a rat. When concerned, I know I am only 15 minutes away from a Maz posting.
Thats quite good!!
Old 13-04-2012, 09:06 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKYLIE MINEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
I've posted on the crapper before.
With your name I would expect nothing less . Wish I could type faster this took me 3 minuets even with smell checker.
Old 13-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Semper idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radders
Thats quite good!!
Your standards are even lower than I thought.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-04-2012, 09:10 AM

a_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
To get to 27,000 in 2 1/2 years was a piece of cake, in CCG, it is easily possible to post 100 posts in 6 MINUTES. Then, you could be off for the day. Then, someone else could be on the forums for hours a day and only post 1 or 2, your post count definitely does not show how addicted you are to BBS. I recently came back from a 3 month break where I posted nothing at all. Your average post per day doesn't really show how many you're doing at the moment.