Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-04-2012, 09:53 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Apologies

...for those sitting on the edge of rows F and G on Saturday.

I had innocently invited a long time Palace supporter to one of his occasional games he gets to these days. After about 5 mins Ipswich's Martin (no. 11) sent in a drive which went well wide. It was about to hit someone in block F when they got in a last ditch block. Unfortunately for my friend it was deflected straight into his face at some pace. It knocked his rather expensive bi-locals flying. Fortunately they were caught by the woman behind but not before inflicting a surface wound above his right eye.

As the blood didn't seem to be stopping I signalled to the nearest steward for a plaster. A few minutes later, a senior steward and no fewer than 3 St Johns ambulancemen arrived to administer emergency treatment. They spent the next 10 minutes applying a very small plaster, shining a torch in his eyes and generally getting in everyone's way. At one point the senior steward was on his walkie talkie, oblivious to the fact that an even more senior steward was trying to tell them to sit down so the people behind could see.

Finally the surgery was complete and we all thought we could get on with watching the football. But no, there was more. My friend had to fill in no fewer than 2 forms with his name, address and various other bits of vital information.

When it was all over and everyone had departed, the steward who had originally summoned assistance apologised for the fuss - he confirmed he had only asked for a plaster.

As it happened we didn't miss much action on the pitch during the 15 minutes of action off it.

I am not complaining and I am well aware of the valuable service provided by St Johns Ambulance but I do despair about the need for such bureaucracy and inconvenience for such a minor incident . I will definitely add plasters to the list of must have items for football in future.
Old 16-04-2012, 10:15 PM

Eye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We were watching the drama as it unfolded, co-incidentally in exactly the same spot where a lady collapsed a couple of weeks earlier.

I said to my mate whilst watching your event, "Now comes the paperwork". This knowledge was gained after I asked a St. John member for a couple of Paracetamol during a game. 40 minutes and several forms later, I emerged from their control centre. Also £5 lighter (but that was by choice )

They were a great bunch, but, like the rest of us, tied by legal requirements and mountains of red tape.
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 16-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Short-sighted charging

Billy Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Rhino : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I remember seeing the shot from the main stand as it was an absolute bullet and wondered if anyone had got hurt. Personally I would've just headed back...
Old 16-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyboy1807 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyboy1807 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyboy1807 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyboy1807 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyboy1807 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyboy1807 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyboy1807 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyboy1807 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyboy1807 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyboy1807 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Happened like 5 rows in front of me! I thank them for making me miss 10 minutes of the match.

Xbox Tag - dannyboy1916

Twitter - @dannyboy1807
Old 17-04-2012, 06:58 AM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is finestamford triumph is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy1807
Happened like 5 rows in front of me! I thank them for making me miss 10 minutes of the match.
As he was filling in one of the forms, we heard a big ooh from the crowd. Looked up to see the ball in the crowd from an Ambrose chance and settled back down to concentrate on the paperwork!
Old 17-04-2012, 08:21 AM

Mick was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMick was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMick was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMick was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMick was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMick was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMick was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMick was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMick was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMick was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsMick was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
No problem. We sit about 3 rows behind and it was more of an eye-opener ( pardoning the pun ), regarding the amount of paperwork that has to be completed for a relatively minor incident.
Old 17-04-2012, 08:30 AM

GreatGonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreatGonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreatGonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreatGonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreatGonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreatGonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreatGonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreatGonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreatGonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreatGonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGreatGonzo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can you confirm that the forms were in triplicate and were properly notorised?
Old 17-04-2012, 08:35 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFatboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFatboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFatboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFatboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFatboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFatboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFatboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFatboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFatboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFatboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's a good job we never shoot to cause this kind of injury
Old 17-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was stung on the lip by a wasp at a cricket match last summer. I asked for a glass of whisky and some ice, as I find that alcohol is good at treating most issues like that and thought that the ice would stop the swelling. Unfortunately I'd been spotted by an eagle-eyed St John's ambulance guy who erroneously prescribed the ice without the whisky. He also had to fill in a number of forms, the highlight being when he told me that he couldn't write down that I'd been stung by a wasp as he hadn't seen it. I pointed out that I had seen it quite clearly so he wrote 'the patient says he was stung by a wasp'. After the drama, and after wiping away tears of laughter (it didn't help that the guy treating my swollen lip had a lisp!) I drank the whisky and found that I was feeling much better.
Old 17-04-2012, 08:54 AM

eaglejez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglejez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglejez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglejez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglejez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglejez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglejez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglejez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglejez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglejez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglejez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
talking of shots - I keep hearing talk of us having 3 shots. There was the goal and Ambrose's one on one in the first half. When was the third ? I might have missed it since I was looking on my phone
Old 17-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Raschic Ken : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez
talking of shots - I keep hearing talk of us having 3 shots. There was the goal and Ambrose's one on one in the first half. When was the third ? I might have missed it since I was looking on my phone
Didn't Scannell have a fairly weak one in the second half after exchanging lots of short passes with Garvan around the edge of the box?
Old 17-04-2012, 09:06 AM
12BET.COM

PalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino
I remember seeing the shot from the main stand as it was an absolute bullet and wondered if anyone had got hurt. Personally I would've just headed back...
Was this the shot that nearly took the stewards head off? He had his back to the action and it whistled past his ear hole.
Old 17-04-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm on Twitter : tonyj154

wiggy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewiggy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewiggy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewiggy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewiggy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewiggy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewiggy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewiggy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewiggy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewiggy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewiggy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ahahaaaa....
A topic I know something about... I'm a state registered paramedic for the last 17 years and on and off been FORCED to provide incident medical cover over at W4nk Ham United.

Firstly, glad your mate is ok.....

Any treatment at all provided (from a cardiac arrest to a plaster) has to be documented only in case the club gets sued for medical negligence.
The fact that a medic was called for starts the ball rolling.... They have to check for any signs of neuro deficit in case of a bleed.

If they was to miss that and something untoward was to develop due to the ball in the face then the club wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

The paperwork would be the st johns patient report form and probably an accident form for the club.

If the post match de-brief they ask the medics who many patients they've seen.
Because the incident would be called an accident it gets passed to the clubs health and safety bloke and they would do a risk assessment now on both the incident and how to stop it happening inthe future..

St johns are at the ground for general medical stuff and the London Ambulance Service are there in case of a major incident.

Personally I'd have told the st johns to go away and get me a proper ambulance man..... But that's just me..
Old 17-04-2012, 09:53 AM

diddydave0 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterdiddydave0 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterdiddydave0 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterdiddydave0 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterdiddydave0 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterdiddydave0 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterdiddydave0 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterdiddydave0 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterdiddydave0 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterdiddydave0 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterdiddydave0 worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
The incident you mentioned about the young lady colapsing happened the last family day i sit in row 25 of block f and had to laugh at her boyfriends face as she was led away he looked well fed up he was going to miss the match .
just a couple of matches ago a young kid down behind the goal was watching the warm up before the game,and i think it was the goalkeeping coach dropped kicked a ball and it smacked the kid square in the face and knocked him off his feet . I think its about time we had some netting up to protect the fans from our players shooting
Old 17-04-2012, 12:00 PM
11 years for 2,000 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o is happy as a lark and everything is fineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o is happy as a lark and everything is fineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o is happy as a lark and everything is fineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o is happy as a lark and everything is fineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o is happy as a lark and everything is fineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o is happy as a lark and everything is fineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o is happy as a lark and everything is fineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o is happy as a lark and everything is fineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o is happy as a lark and everything is fineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o is happy as a lark and everything is fineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph
As it happened we didn't miss much action on the pitch during the 15 minutes of action off it. .
Which was also the case for the other 75 minutes.

Shots going wide of the goal is the only things thats kept us on our toes..and awake during the last few games.

Glad yer mate is ok.
Old 17-04-2012, 12:21 PM
On my hands and knees

Gerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggy
Because the incident would be called an accident it gets passed to the clubs health and safety bloke and they would do a risk assessment now on both the incident and how to stop it happening inthe future..
All they need to do is resign Gareth Taylor - no more risk!!
Brighton 13th May 2013 - The Invincibles Ride Again (on the Gus Bus)
Wembley 27th May 2013 - The Invincibles Rule The World
Old 17-04-2012, 12:24 PM
On the learning curve

MENTALLY TOUGH is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandMENTALLY TOUGH is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandMENTALLY TOUGH is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandMENTALLY TOUGH is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandMENTALLY TOUGH is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandMENTALLY TOUGH is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandMENTALLY TOUGH is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandMENTALLY TOUGH is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandMENTALLY TOUGH is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandMENTALLY TOUGH is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandMENTALLY TOUGH is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy
It's a good job we never shoot to cause this kind of injury
Even if we did, more likely those in the Upper will be in danger.
Old 17-04-2012, 12:45 PM

Sluggo knows where the wild roses growSluggo knows where the wild roses growSluggo knows where the wild roses growSluggo knows where the wild roses growSluggo knows where the wild roses growSluggo knows where the wild roses growSluggo knows where the wild roses growSluggo knows where the wild roses growSluggo knows where the wild roses growSluggo knows where the wild roses growSluggo knows where the wild roses grow
Back in the dim and distant past, when we had to dodge the dinosaurs on the way to the ground ... I got hit on the head by a ball in the pre-match warm-up.
That was in the days when the Holmesdale was open terraces. I must have been 15 or 20 rows back and it didn't help that I was wearing a bright orange wooly bobble hat. I suppose it was my fault for making myself a target .
It didn't do me any lasting harm, but I don't wear bobble hats any more.
Old 17-04-2012, 02:57 PM

Eye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddydave0
I think its about time we had some netting up to protect the fans from our players shooting
Please PLEASE don't suggest that. No more nannying, I beg you. Just keep a watch out for flying footballs everyone!

I copped a volley clean in the chest at Carshalton Athletic recently, nearly gave me a heart attack, but still NO NETS!!

Thank you
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 17-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Honk

Gosling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGosling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGosling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGosling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGosling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGosling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGosling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGosling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGosling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGosling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGosling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken
I was stung on the lip by a wasp at a cricket match last summer. I asked for a glass of whisky and some ice, as I find that alcohol is good at treating most issues like that and thought that the ice would stop the swelling. Unfortunately I'd been spotted by an eagle-eyed St John's ambulance guy who erroneously prescribed the ice without the whisky. He also had to fill in a number of forms, the highlight being when he told me that he couldn't write down that I'd been stung by a wasp as he hadn't seen it. I pointed out that I had seen it quite clearly so he wrote 'the patient says he was stung by a wasp'. After the drama, and after wiping away tears of laughter (it didn't help that the guy treating my swollen lip had a lisp!) I drank the whisky and found that I was feeling much better.
Did he write with a lisp as well? "Cathualty thays he wath thtung in the fathe by a wathp"?