Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 24-04-2012, 10:28 PM
proud as punch

TheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalifaxman
You're the second whooooooshed person on one post
lol etc
Old 24-04-2012, 10:28 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceSi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceSi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceSi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceSi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceSi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceSi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceSi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceSi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceSi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceSi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There plenty of Palace fans from all 5 South London Boroughs and the Crystal Palace borders the lot of them. Its fair to say that the borough of Croydon has no right to claim the club as its own as it s only alienating fans not from there by doing so. Especially those that live in the vicinity of the Palace itself who hear the club being claimed by a place much further away which also does buggar all to help the club in any way whatsoever.
If people want to support a club from Croydon there is one their waiting.
Let Palace be a South London club for all.
Old 24-04-2012, 10:36 PM

New LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi
There plenty of Palace fans from all 5 South London Boroughs and the Crystal Palace borders the lot of them. Its fair to say that the borough of Croydon has no right to claim the club as its own as it s only alienating fans not from there by doing so. Especially those that live in the vicinity of the Palace itself who hear the club being claimed by a place much further away which also does buggar all to help the club in any way whatsoever.
Palace is Croydon's club just as it is the club which represents other local areas as well. You seem to actually resent the fact that Croydon people support their local league club. Really quite strange.
Old 24-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Sir Steve Parish

Billy Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP
I think trying to create some sort of South London multipurpose arena would be foolhardy and risk the club being tied to a white elephent. London has many venues which are far better connected in terms of transport links, proximity to central London etc. Wembley stadium and arena, the 02, Earls court & Kensington Olympia, now the Olympic Stadium. Will people really want to travel on local overground rail out into the relative sticks? Millwall actually tried the same thing with the New Den, which was originally run by a private company and intended to be a multipurpose venue. It didn't work out at all nearly bankrupting them and they have a more central location than CPP. The other thing I'd hate to see would be Palace becoming tenants again, you only have to look at Coventry and the Ricoh to see how this can turn out. I think Palace need a purpose built football stadium which they own and which can be increased in size slowly as the club develops. Of course there's room for conference and banqueting type facilities, but the key is the football and increasing our support and revenue.
I agree with your point about those stadiums ^^ but I'm thinking of something different. A 35-45,000 stadium (which non of those are) that can house all sorts of sports, football, rugby, hockey etc. Yes it could hold a concert for a band/singer who could attract 40-50k but it uses could be so much more than that, limitless in fact due to the artificial pitch.

Yes we would be tenants but nothing like Coventry's situation. We would have a long lease, but more importantly the ground/park would be reliant on us as much as us on them.
Old 24-04-2012, 10:39 PM

Pookas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPookas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPookas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPookas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPookas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPookas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPookas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPookas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPookas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPookas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPookas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino

For me, the logical way is to look at getting the GLC/mayor/even goverment involved and sell the idea as a "South London Stadium" that can be used for all sorts of events. This would hopefully get some much needed funding and planning support to really get somewhere, but South London has been completely neglected for years and this would really rejuvenate the whole area and give it some identity.
Totally agree.
Old 24-04-2012, 10:46 PM

New LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
I'm sure it may be the largest single area, but it isnt even close to "most". People are talking of moving seven miles. That's less than from White Hart Lane to the Olympic Stadium. Would you be happy to move seven miles north? Or seven miles east to Chistlehurst (as Bromley is the 2nd single largest area)?
I would hope the club stays at a revamped Selhurst or moves to CPP as I have said. Clearly playing seven miles from Selhurst would be too far. All I'm saying is that the option of moving somewhere within LB Croydon may need.to be considered if those other options don't work out. Let's not forget that the club plays in LB Croydon as it stands anyway, which a few people on here seem to be overlooking-SE postcode or not.
Old 24-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Sir Steve Parish

Billy Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi
Agree with LP. You and a few others need to get off your high-horse about Croydon. Just because it gets a bad press these days doesn't mean it deserves to be treated so badly, and it is a massive stronghold for Palace fans.

I used to be proud of coming from South London but it's got to the point of what is there to be proud about? I'm glad I live in Surrey (even if it is only Waddon) and in all honesty my next move will be further out, much like most Palace fans it would appear.
Old 24-04-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino
I agree with your point about those stadiums ^^ but I'm thinking of something different. A 35-45,000 stadium (which non of those are) that can house all sorts of sports, football, rugby, hockey etc. Yes it could hold a concert for a band/singer who could attract 40-50k but it uses could be so much more than that, limitless in fact due to the artificial pitch.

Yes we would be tenants but nothing like Coventry's situation. We would have a long lease, but more importantly the ground/park would be reliant on us as much as us on them.
I was thinking more of entertainment and exhibition type venues. But London has a huge section of established sports venues as we all know; rugby has Twickenham, football has Wembley, possibly the Olympic stadium and other large Premiership stadiums. Hockey does not require an arena of half that size. What events would realistically be held at this stadium? I find the idea quite a romantic one in principle but I'm afraid it's got white elephant written all over it. .
Old 24-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Sir Steve Parish

Quote:
I would hope the club stays at a revamped Selhurst or moves to CPP as I have said. Clearly playing seven miles from Selhurst would be too far. All I'm saying is that the option of moving somewhere within LB Croydon may need.to be considered if those other options don't work out. Let's not forget that the club plays in LB Croydon as it stands anyway, which a few people on here seem to be overlooking-SE postcode or not.
The fact that people pick out East Croydon, Purley Way, Cane Hill & Croydon Arena probably proves the fact that there really is nowhere we could realistically move to in the Croydon area as non of these are possible. CPP is the way forward (even if MOST of it's occupants will come from south of the park ).

Alternatively, we stay at Selhurst and rebuild it.
Old 24-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Sir Steve Parish

Quote:
I was thinking more of entertainment and exhibition type venues. But London has a huge section of established sports venues as we all know; rugby has Twickenham, football has Wembley, possibly the Olympic stadium and other large Premiership stadiums. Hockey does not require an arena of half that size. What events would realistically be held at this stadium? I find the idea quite a romantic one in principle but I'm afraid it's got white elephant written all over it. .
It wouldn't be a white elephant though as we would be there, that's the whole point and is/was what the current CPP stadium lacked.

Due to the artificial pitch it wouldn't have to hold big events, it could be anything, schoolboy cup finals, kids 5-a-side tournaments, hockey, just hiring it out for any event. It could have 7 day a week usage without causing any strife to the locals (they could use it!). The possibilities are endless.
Old 25-04-2012, 12:07 AM

bonzo is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsbonzo is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsbonzo is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsbonzo is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsbonzo is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsbonzo is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsbonzo is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsbonzo is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsbonzo is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsbonzo is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsbonzo is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
I reckon sainsburys will want a bigger superstore at Selhurst soon and can plan this with the club to also build a new whitehorse lane stand
Also been under the holmesdale and it is massive, ground floor level looks just like lower holmesdale concourse with all toilets and fittings looking the same, there is the. Stairs going down to a basement level which was at the time pretty much fully underwater. Will dig the photos i took up.
Old 25-04-2012, 05:48 AM
It's just a ride....

Pub Idol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePub Idol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePub Idol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePub Idol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePub Idol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePub Idol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePub Idol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePub Idol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePub Idol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePub Idol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePub Idol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzo
I reckon sainsburys will want a bigger superstore at Selhurst soon and can plan this with the club to also build a new whitehorse lane stand
Also been under the holmesdale and it is massive, ground floor level looks just like lower holmesdale concourse with all toilets and fittings looking the same, there is the. Stairs going down to a basement level which was at the time pretty much fully underwater. Will dig the photos i took up.
Please do.
Old 25-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Pro "Gay Snakes"

Dorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDorking .Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by richdeniro

With the parking/traffic thing at CPP, can't you just introduce residents only parking permits on match-days or meters with a 1 hour limit (for the shops) within a 2 mile radius, then people who drive will have to use public transport in some form anyway...

People will still drive. All that would happen is that every entrepreneurial local business with spare land or a forecourt will open it up for matchday parking at 5 to 10 per car.
Those That Don't Understand Don't Matter
Old 25-04-2012, 07:09 AM

topper knows where the wild roses growtopper knows where the wild roses growtopper knows where the wild roses growtopper knows where the wild roses growtopper knows where the wild roses growtopper knows where the wild roses growtopper knows where the wild roses growtopper knows where the wild roses growtopper knows where the wild roses growtopper knows where the wild roses growtopper knows where the wild roses grow
jesus we're in a hosepipe ban and the holmesdale is sitting on a reservoir.....
i think we've found a way of funding the redev of selhurst.
Old 25-04-2012, 09:15 AM

monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight
The way out of it is to buy those poxy houses (in the corner of the car park), turn the ground around, get rid of sainsburys and those houses on whitehorse road, bang tidy new area, decamp to CPP for 2 yrs (holds 21,000? enought for us)
How many of the houses/flats there would interfere with a new stand build?
Old 25-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Old School Palace

Pistol Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPistol Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPistol Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPistol Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPistol Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPistol Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPistol Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPistol Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPistol Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPistol Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPistol Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
the 12 in the corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Can you imagine the sky commentators making some reference to South Londoners enjoying their day out - cut to a 40 year old in full Palace kit dribbling whilst a mexican wave flies past.
http://www.fishfight.net
http://www.fsf.org.uk/

ST Holder:Block D: Lower Homesdale
Old 25-04-2012, 10:21 AM

monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?monkey nuts knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
Wonder how much higher and how much further back would be allowed before it obstructs daylight too these flats.

WBA had a similar problem because of a road behind, they managed to go slightly higher

To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by monkey nuts; 25-04-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 25-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet917L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet917L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet917L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet917L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet917L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet917L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet917L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet917L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet917L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet917L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
But if we get the move to the Palace, we will be playing in LB Bromley
Old 25-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Loyal supporter

Eagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravityEagles55 has found the source of gravity
For me best would be revamp SP, if not then go to CPP.

However, As a Surreyite I also wouldn't mind a move to Cane Hill or somewhere 'nearer' to Surrey so that Radio Surrey will have to pick up on our news and matches as much as they do for BHA.
Old 25-04-2012, 12:07 PM

NorthPalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthPalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthPalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthPalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthPalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthPalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthPalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthPalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthPalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthPalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthPalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Palace is Croydon's club just as it is the club which represents other local areas as well. You seem to actually resent the fact that Croydon people support their local league club. Really quite strange.
This is spot on!