Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:01 PM

Yankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Kalifa Cissé - Suggestion

Former Brizzle and Reading player now available on a free (according to Wikipedia albeit). He apparently was on reasonably high wages for Bristol's standards, would he be an upgrade over what we currently have? I definitely think he would be better than KG at this stage (most Bristol fans have him as player of the year).

For me, he would do nicely for at least this season partnering Jedinak in central midfield, but that might make the centre of the park a bit too defensive.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:32 PM

DHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'd say there are games when you need to have a strong midfield, and he and Jedi in the middle would do that job admirably - similar to when we have Jedi and KG there, except better.

Depends on whether he would be getting enough first team football for his liking if we were to use him for the tough away games, or to come on in the last 20 minutes of a game. If wages are high it probably isn't worth it and someone like Marrow would probably be more suited.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:16 PM

Cjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Is he a box to box midfielder? If so we need a player who can wiz round the pitch

Just a Croydon born, London lad from Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFS
I just think you have the brain and rantings of a lunatic at times, especially when people don't agree with your opinion, which is usually uneducated dross.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 PM

cockles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecockles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecockles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecockles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecockles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecockles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecockles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecockles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecockles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecockles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecockles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Didn't Steve Coppell spend about £1m on him (then a Reading record), then ended up not playing him regular...

However, I think Steve signed him again for Brizzle during his stint there. Being signed twice by Steve Coppell has got to mean something... A rare honour - I can only think of Eddie McGoldrick otherwise.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Thinking about it

NZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNZsparky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjbear
Is he a box to box midfielder? If so we need a player who can wiz round the pitch
I don't think Wiz is that old? surely he can still get around the pitch without the players having to help him.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:55 AM

orp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZsparky
I don't think Wiz is that old? surely he can still get around the pitch without the players having to help him.
Duno he's knocking on a bit these days .
Old 02-05-2012, 05:57 AM

Yankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandYankeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
One other suggestion, but much more pricey (I don't want to start an entirely new thread), what about Adiene Guedioura at Nottingham Forest on loan from Wolves. He wants a permanent stay at Forest, so why wouldn't we be able to nip in and get him? He is a fantastic all around central midfielder for this division and is still young enough (26). I think if we paired Jedinak with Guedioura, that would be a lethal midfield. I'm not sure about cost, but he was bought by Wolves for £2 million, and has only hurt his value by barely appearing for them. This could be a signing that would easily push us over the edge in terms of pushing for promotion.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:02 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Given that Britsol are racking up losses at an alarming rate, I'd guess if wages are high by their standards they'd be high or worse by ours. Not sure he's needed any way. Assuming Jedinak as first pick, even if KG goes we have Wright, O'Keefe and hopefully Marrow when needed.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:08 PM

Aaroncpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAaroncpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAaroncpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAaroncpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAaroncpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAaroncpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAaroncpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAaroncpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAaroncpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAaroncpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAaroncpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeagle
One other suggestion, but much more pricey (I don't want to start an entirely new thread), what about Adiene Guedioura at Nottingham Forest on loan from Wolves. He wants a permanent stay at Forest, so why wouldn't we be able to nip in and get him? He is a fantastic all around central midfielder for this division and is still young enough (26). I think if we paired Jedinak with Guedioura, that would be a lethal midfield. I'm not sure about cost, but he was bought by Wolves for £2 million, and has only hurt his value by barely appearing for them. This could be a signing that would easily push us over the edge in terms of pushing for promotion.
Wolves housemate reckons he will be a big player for them next season.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Faster.

jimos_uk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimos_uk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimos_uk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimos_uk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimos_uk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimos_uk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimos_uk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimos_uk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimos_uk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimos_uk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimos_uk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles
Didn't Steve Coppell spend about £1m on him (then a Reading record), then ended up not playing him regular...

However, I think Steve signed him again for Brizzle during his stint there. Being signed twice by Steve Coppell has got to mean something... A rare honour - I can only think of Eddie McGoldrick otherwise.
Am I imagining it, or was Simon Rodger signed by him 3 times? Us, Man City and then Brighton?