Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-05-2012, 10:21 PM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Transit in Abu Dhabi & Ethiad

Hi

I have a few queries if I may, and I just can`t get a definitive answer from the net, so am turning to the BBS Oracle.

I`m looking to fly back with Ethiad via Abu Dhabi this year.

The questions I have are:

I`ll have a 6 month old daughter with me. Are Ethiad any good and whats the airport like.. I`ve had a look at Skytrax and the comments seem to be from the usual bunch of prima-donnas there and am taking them with a pinch of salt.
My wife also takes diazepam (valium) for flying. I know that we will be in transit but if she has a doctors letter from Australia, will that be enough to appease the Customs guys.

Really appreciate it

PP
Old 01-05-2012, 11:03 PM

audreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaudreytatou : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
dont know about Ethiad mate but did fly Gulf Air back to UK out of Sydney. Was one of the best flights we have ever done. My son must have been about 6 months old too. You get, or used to get, your very own 'Sky Nanny' to look after your child and a bassinet thing for her to sleep in.....oh and the sky nanny was flippin gorgeous as were all the staff actually. If I was flying back to the UK i would defo consider them and it was a very competitive price.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:08 PM

brb rule sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkbrb rule sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkbrb rule sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkbrb rule sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkbrb rule sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkbrb rule sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkbrb rule sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkbrb rule sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkbrb rule sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkbrb rule sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkbrb rule sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Ethiad are very good, i use them regularly as brother happens to work in Brisbane for them and inlaws until recently based in Abu Dhabi. Airport in Abu Dhabi very modern but basically everyone uses it just to transit. I would say its better than Brisbane so dont worry about reviews.

As for medication prob best to check with airline.

"should have been boring and added years to my life, but I chose CRYSTAL PALACE, adding life to my years"

REMF CAPTAIN

The next BBS GOLF CHAMPION in the making.

WISHING I WAS ON A BEACH WITH MICHELLE McMANUS

SECRET Wayne Andrews fan
Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 PM

glayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Have just come back from two years working at Abu Dhabi airport. Wouldn't even worry about the tabs if I were you, just have them in your hand luggage and keep the letter handy in case of any Q's.
I guess you will have about a 3 hour transit time? Bear in mind that's the time from landing to taking off again so not long in the terminal at all. Shame it's not a bit longer, you could have popped into Al Ghazal golf course (Sand course) for a pint, about 2 minutes in a cab from Terminal 3 The Etihad terminal is the newest part of the airport. You'll be fine. By the way, we flew back and forth about six times a year and the Missus also took the same meds for flying, prescribed by the docs in Ab Dhab.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:26 PM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cheers guys
I know the net sometimes gives a bit too much info, but reading the UAE customs web-site and various other sites, Diazepam (Valium) is highly illegal there and just don`t want to go through the hassle of customs.

Last edited by Polish Pete; 01-05-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:35 PM

glayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterglayzier worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
It's not illegal, as I said the Missus got on prescription out there,it's just classed as a "controlled" drug.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:48 PM
in the 25th Century

OK Thanks. Appreciate the advice
Old 04-08-2012, 04:02 AM
Banned by Moderators

gracechen lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngracechen lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngracechen lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngracechen lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngracechen lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngracechen lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngracechen lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngracechen lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngracechen lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngracechen lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngracechen lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
It seems as if you are right
Old 06-08-2012, 02:56 AM
in the 25th Century

Why. Whats happened?
Old 06-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Christian

CallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Pete
Hi

I have a few queries if I may, and I just can`t get a definitive answer from the net, so am turning to the BBS Oracle.

I`m looking to fly back with Ethiad via Abu Dhabi this year.

The questions I have are:

I`ll have a 6 month old daughter with me. Are Ethiad any good and whats the airport like.. I`ve had a look at Skytrax and the comments seem to be from the usual bunch of prima-donnas there and am taking them with a pinch of salt.
My wife also takes diazepam (valium) for flying. I know that we will be in transit but if she has a doctors letter from Australia, will that be enough to appease the Customs guys.

Really appreciate it

PP
Have just flown with Kuwait.
Word of advice: don't. Staff were lovely, but not a single entertainment device was working and as we were with 3 kids (4 yrs, 2 yrs & 9 months) the thing would have been handy for the 4 year at least to wach a kids film.

Also: take a blanket with you for the transit. When you're in the airport you can put in on the ground to let your kid sleep/ play. Otherwise you'll be carrying them all time instead.

One prefers to use its head, while the other relies on tales.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:54 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I flew Eithad the other day and for me they aren't anywhere near as good as Emirates. The entertainment system isn't as good and the choice of programming is moronic, the food was good but there's a better selection with EK and Emirates provide far better kids meals and children's packs. The whole EK network is more extensive and its self owned so they don't shovel you onto second rate, ex-budget airlines like Virgin Australia or Air Berlin. And Dubai Terminal 3 is far better as an airport than Abu Dhabi. And the cabin crew are better in Emirates. And Emirates fleet is 95% brand new 777-300 and A380s.

So I can't understand how Etihad keeps bragging its winning awards for best airline. World's leading airline at world travel awards for three years in a row it says. Who votes for these things? I fly quite a lot and its not even the best airline in the UAE. I'm convinced it buys the awards.

Its of course far better than a European carrier and have you flown with a US carrier recently? Easyjet is better than American Airlines. The menu on American appears to be designed for the palate of a seven year old and they charge you for everything.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:07 AM

Henfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
EK next week from Jakarta To LGW(3 times a Day) That does it for Me Avoiding LHR is a Priority. Silver Card Has it's advantages Too
Old 07-08-2012, 06:30 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOisin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
EK are going to start putting A380s into LGW from next summer.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 AM
XXVII

little al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oisin, how do Qatar Air compare?

ACAE
Old 07-08-2012, 08:29 AM

Henfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHenfield Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al
Qatar are Great too, But Doha airport didn't make me Think I would want transit there any Longer than half an Hour. I think they have Pulled out of LGW now which is a shame
Old 07-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Palace since 1989

Scrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScrumpy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Went through Abu Dhabi with Etihad on my way back from South Africa last christmas. I am afraid I don't know much about Customs but I found the airline really helpful and accommodating. Although if you are on the tall side the footrests on the seat in front can restrict your legroom. The airport itself is fairly standard airport fare. Although the duty free is dirt cheap!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Wasn't me

Quote:
Originally Posted by little al
I'd say about the same as Etihad with a worse airport. But Doha's new airport will be delivered way before Abu Dhabi's. And Qatar are blessed with a cool flag so can use a lot more purple.

Emirates has been profitable every year of its existence. Both Etihad and Qatar have had piles of cash poured into them by their respective governments.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:05 AM

kolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkolinkins came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
With Oisin - nothing compares to Emirates really all round. Comfortable planes, great staff, wide variety of entertainment and excellent food.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Christian

CallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins
With Oisin - nothing compares to Emirates really all round. Comfortable planes, great staff, wide variety of entertainment and excellent food.
Singapore Airlines is to me, (very very) slightly better. But not by much.

One prefers to use its head, while the other relies on tales.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:13 PM

adrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadrenalin john came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I used to love flying. Then I hated it. Now I just hate airports, and don't always hate the flights. I quite like the fact no one can call, text, e-mail etc.