Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 02-05-2012, 07:32 AM

eaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
2 years ago

Number 2 son is 15 today. Happy Birthday Ross !!
Was it really 2 years ago we had this day of days ?
We've come along way !
Worth enjoying again !
Old 02-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Too Narrow

Maz has disabled reputation
Wow. Two years!

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-05-2012, 08:26 AM

Eye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I feel like crap today but that has cheered me up. Ta
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 02-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Readmitted into society

Chunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Maybe instead of taking him on expensive road trips you could buy him a bed frame as opposed to simply sleeping on a matress on the floor.

JAT
Old 02-05-2012, 08:37 AM

Seanee Pawnee knows where the wild roses growSeanee Pawnee knows where the wild roses growSeanee Pawnee knows where the wild roses growSeanee Pawnee knows where the wild roses growSeanee Pawnee knows where the wild roses growSeanee Pawnee knows where the wild roses growSeanee Pawnee knows where the wild roses growSeanee Pawnee knows where the wild roses growSeanee Pawnee knows where the wild roses growSeanee Pawnee knows where the wild roses growSeanee Pawnee knows where the wild roses grow
A lifetime ago!
In Doog We Trust
Old 02-05-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbiggus mickus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbiggus mickus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbiggus mickus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbiggus mickus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbiggus mickus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbiggus mickus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbiggus mickus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbiggus mickus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbiggus mickus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbiggus mickus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You have rep.

Lambeth Palace.
He's at Anfield waiting to get his half and half scarf signed by his heroes.

Palace Puppy.
Oi Pedro , your not big and your not clever .
**** off you smelly tramp

A A does not like this. It took me near on an hour to find my own arse, let alone another one.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've never been so nervous before or during a game then that day at Hillsborough. I just thought that if we were relegated then any interested parties
would have less of a reason to buy a League 1 club that didn't own it's own ground. Thank Doog for CPFC2010, the club is finally going in the right direction.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNinjas Headband : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanee Pawnee
A lifetime ago!
In Doog We Trust
Old 02-05-2012, 09:17 AM

cpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My little contribution to the memory of the day.

Still gives me goosebumps watching Ambrose score the 2nd...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-05-2012, 09:30 AM
MAMIL

stevek is just too good for youstevek is just too good for youstevek is just too good for youstevek is just too good for youstevek is just too good for youstevek is just too good for youstevek is just too good for youstevek is just too good for youstevek is just too good for youstevek is just too good for youstevek is just too good for you
I don't think Janet has forgiven me for saying, just after Ambrose's goal - of course, you know we'll let one in with five minutes to go just to make it tense.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:38 AM

Cjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsCjbear was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Feels like years ago now, just shows how far we've come

Just a Croydon born, London lad from Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFS
I just think you have the brain and rantings of a lunatic at times, especially when people don't agree with your opinion, which is usually uneducated dross.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Sir Tony of Newport

TheMexicanHorse is like ice, their footing does betrayTheMexicanHorse is like ice, their footing does betrayTheMexicanHorse is like ice, their footing does betrayTheMexicanHorse is like ice, their footing does betrayTheMexicanHorse is like ice, their footing does betrayTheMexicanHorse is like ice, their footing does betrayTheMexicanHorse is like ice, their footing does betrayTheMexicanHorse is like ice, their footing does betrayTheMexicanHorse is like ice, their footing does betrayTheMexicanHorse is like ice, their footing does betrayTheMexicanHorse is like ice, their footing does betray
Best day of my life.

Remember on the train home our group just sat there in almost stunned silence, now I know when they talk about 'emotional relief'!

'Anyone voting for Pulis ought to be ashamed, a f*cking dinosaur in football.'

'Would prefer a manager who adopts a pressing game. Not a hoofball merchant intent on kicking the opposition off the park.'

'still bad thoughts, don't want him, dont like his attitude, dont like the style he plays, we can do better, not for me in a million years'
Old 02-05-2012, 02:13 PM

Eye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEye-dee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcdan
My little contribution to the memory of the day.

Still gives me goosebumps watching Ambrose score the 2nd...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Brilliant!
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 02-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Too Narrow

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
I don't think Janet has forgiven me for saying, just after Ambrose's goal - of course, you know we'll let one in with five minutes to go just to make it tense.
Who could blame you?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse
Best day of my life.

Remember on the train home our group just sat there in almost stunned silence, now I know when they talk about 'emotional relief'!
Similarly on the coach home, it was really quiet. I think every Palace fan there that day had shouted, cheered and chanted more than they ever had, we just had nothing left by the time the journey home came around.

I've watched the highlights hundreds of times, but Ambrose's goal still gets me. Absolutely amazing, what a day it was.

Flying High Website / Flying High on Twitter - @flyinghighmag / Flying High on Facebook
Old 02-05-2012, 03:08 PM

mcmean knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfmcmean knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfmcmean knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfmcmean knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfmcmean knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfmcmean knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfmcmean knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfmcmean knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfmcmean knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfmcmean knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfmcmean knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
What a day

I don't think winning the league will even top it for me

The fact that after Warnock left, everyone had wrote us off,
the fact that players were giving their all despite not even knowing that they were going to get paid,
the fact that we had 10 hard earned points stolen from us

We defied all the odds, and stayed up. Never have club and fans been closer

That moment when the final whistle went, I jumped up on my seat, arms aloft with 5,500 other palace fans going mental, Derry & the boys running towards us, that's the closest I've ever been to crying at a football match

Still gives me a lump in my throat just thinking about it

What a day
Old 02-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehalifaxman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse
Best day of my life.

We were in the Devonshire Cat doing this after the game. I know exactly what your mean. What a day!
Old 02-05-2012, 05:00 PM

Skiddo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkiddo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkiddo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkiddo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkiddo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkiddo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkiddo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkiddo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkiddo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkiddo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkiddo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

My mate text me saying he'd been having a singsong with Paddy, Derry & Matt Lawrence in a service station. I didn't believe him till this video on YouTube cropped up that someone had filmed.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Bird blues in 12 keys.

Chrissayy belongs to OllieChrissayy belongs to OllieChrissayy belongs to OllieChrissayy belongs to OllieChrissayy belongs to OllieChrissayy belongs to OllieChrissayy belongs to OllieChrissayy belongs to OllieChrissayy belongs to OllieChrissayy belongs to OllieChrissayy belongs to Ollie
I still remember Stern John's shot that hit the post and rolled across the line. You couldn't possibly have written a more nerve-wracking script than that game turned out to be.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:05 PM
And a packet of crisps

Pint of Speroni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePint of Speroni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePint of Speroni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePint of Speroni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePint of Speroni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePint of Speroni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePint of Speroni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePint of Speroni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePint of Speroni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePint of Speroni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePint of Speroni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean
What a day

I don't think winning the league will even top it for me

The fact that after Warnock left, everyone had wrote us off,
the fact that players were giving their all despite not even knowing that they were going to get paid,
the fact that we had 10 hard earned points stolen from us

We defied all the odds, and stayed up. Never have club and fans been closer

That moment when the final whistle went, I jumped up on my seat, arms aloft with 5,500 other palace fans going mental, Derry & the boys running towards us, that's the closest I've ever been to crying at a football match

Still gives me a lump in my throat just thinking about it

What a day
Great post.

We could win the league by miles with Brighton, Millwall and Charlton all getting relegated next season, doing the double over them all in the process, but nothing will ever top that day.

Getting up at 5 in the morning, for only one of two occasions supporting Palace when I knew that performance didn't matter as the players would make sure they would do everything possible (Man U being the other), going down to Selhurst in the darkness to get the coach filled with quiet Palace fans who were all, like myself, completely bricking it.

Getting off the coach what seemed like miles away from the ground and walking through loads of their fans, singing Pride of South London, for once knowing that there were two sides to this - Palace and Sheffield Wednesday. Everybody there had a choice to make, there were no split loyalties, everyone was together as one.

Wondering how Butterfield wasn't fouled, and then laughing at Leon Clarke for breaking his foot in celebration.

Singing "Come on Palace", more in hope than expectation, louder than it has ever been sung before or since. Watching Scannell literally a second later cut back to Ambrose whose knee slide is quite possibly the most beautiful thing.

Being certain Stern John had scored. Hating him when he hadn't.

Watching Paddy head out for a corner, shitting ourselves. Everybody saying "typical Palace, they're gonna score from this now" and then seeing Paddy running away screaming and shouting, about 5 seconds before it dawned on us it was all over.

Stopping at the service station on the way back. Those tired faces on the bus, people being quiet, it all suddenly burst into life. Seeing Palace fans who had never before met or seen each other hugging each other and singing together.

Getting home and knowing that while on the pitch the job was complete, there was a long way to go off it.

Nothing will ever top that day. Players, fans and staff were at one from that day in a way that any other football club never will be.

Days like this remind you how lucky we all are to be fans of the greatest football club on earth.