Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:39 PM

a_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
Sim City 5

For those of you who were fans of Sim City 4, just 10 years on !... Sm City 5 is arriving in 2013.

Can't bloody wait!! Re-installing SC4 because I'm in the grove!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:33 PM

sheepy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesheepy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesheepy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesheepy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesheepy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesheepy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesheepy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesheepy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesheepy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesheepy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesheepy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_the_s
For those of you who were fans of Sim City 4, just 10 years on !... Sm City 5 is arriving in 2013.

Amen to that
Old 04-06-2012, 04:54 PM

MrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Brilliant news. I may have to try to dig out Sim City Classic for a bit of retro gaming now I have been reminded. Sim City lost its way a little bit towards the end of the series I thought- never got in to SC4 really; It never felt like it was quite right, but I will look forward to its release!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-06-2012, 12:18 AM

The Omen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowThe Omen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowThe Omen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowThe Omen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowThe Omen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowThe Omen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowThe Omen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowThe Omen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowThe Omen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowThe Omen will cross the room to turn the lights down lowThe Omen will cross the room to turn the lights down low
While we are waiting...

GT: Omen1079
Old 05-06-2012, 01:02 PM

Sp1Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSp1Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSp1Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSp1Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSp1Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSp1Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSp1Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSp1Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSp1Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSp1Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSp1Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

10 years.

Looks good though.
Old 30-08-2012, 09:39 PM

a_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfa_the_s knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
Confirmed date of February 2013, hope it isn't shit.

I've been playing SC4 a lot lately, gonna get it as a late xmas present
Old 31-08-2012, 09:08 AM

immoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Think it will be. Have to have an internet connection to play as it is all linked up with neighbouring cities from what I have read.

I just want a good single player one like the classics.
Old 31-08-2012, 09:15 AM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant
Think it will be. Have to have an internet connection to play as it is all linked up with neighbouring cities from what I have read.

I just want a good single player one like the classics.
This was like CitiesXL which I played the beta test of. It worked really well as you had to trade with other cities for resources that you needed to progress.

I can't wait, I am a self-confessed city building geek.
Old 31-08-2012, 09:48 AM

East-End Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEast-End Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEast-End Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEast-End Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEast-End Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEast-End Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEast-End Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEast-End Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEast-End Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEast-End Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEast-End Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Used to love simcity back in 1997! Not sure what version that was, but built an amazing city called Scunchester (a hybrid of scunthorpe and colchester, dont ask me why)
Old 31-08-2012, 10:11 AM

immoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperimmoralgiant has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH
This was like CitiesXL which I played the beta test of. It worked really well as you had to trade with other cities for resources that you needed to progress.

Also played Cities XL but didn't get on with it.

The problem with linking up to the online system means you can build up your city, save it, destroy it by sending locust swarms and Godzilla then reloading your old save.
Old 31-08-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:

Is there no single player then? I just wanna build a city, that simple.

Sim City 4 is good, but has loads of unrealistic characteristics, I hope this game isn't shit, as it might well be.
Old 31-08-2012, 10:32 AM
neo-malthusian

Santos-er is just too good for youSantos-er is just too good for youSantos-er is just too good for youSantos-er is just too good for youSantos-er is just too good for youSantos-er is just too good for youSantos-er is just too good for youSantos-er is just too good for youSantos-er is just too good for youSantos-er is just too good for youSantos-er is just too good for you
Ah, Sim City. What a great game the original was. Hands up if you built up your city then got bored and unleashed scores of natural disasters, plane crashes and godzilla on your residents?
Old 31-08-2012, 10:34 AM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFraserH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Is there no single player then? I just wanna build a city, that simple.

Sim City 4 is good, but has loads of unrealistic characteristics, I hope this game isn't shit, as it might well be.
On Cities XL you had to be online but that was the main USP of the game, it wasn't just building a city but it was growing an economy by trading. I think in the end they released an offline patch and of course "cracked" or pirated games we playable offline.

I have no idea about the new SimCity but more and more games coming out require an online connection in an attempt to defeat piracy as well as making certain areas of the game more playable.
Old 31-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Sim City 5 from my understanding is supposed to be pretty much a clone of Cities XL in that gameplay respect.

No single player, no destroying your city.
Old 31-08-2012, 11:16 AM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant
Sim City 5 from my understanding is supposed to be pretty much a clone of Cities XL in that gameplay respect.

No single player, no destroying your city.
I just read on the wiki page that there will be "online" play but doesn't mention anything about needing to be online to play singleplayer so who knows.

Cities XL was good but it just don't play right for some reason.
Old 31-08-2012, 11:20 AM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

You can sing up for the closed beta test here... To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 31-08-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I just read on the wiki page that there will be "online" play but doesn't mention anything about needing to be online to play singleplayer so who knows.
Old 31-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFunk Butter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You can sing up for the closed beta test here... To view the link you have to Register or Login
Crap, is this some sort of gamers X-Factor?
Old 31-08-2012, 01:36 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter
Crap, is this some sort of Gamers X-Factor?

I haven't signed up as I am at work and you need to give some data file from your pc so they can check you system set up so not sure how you qualify for access to it.