Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-06-2012, 01:09 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Crystal Palace Community Association (CPCA)

Reading the link on the front of the BBS today to this article really has me scratching my head:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The Crystal Palace Community Association (CPCA) really have to step up and say what they really want for the Park - it's all very well opposing all and sundry propositions for uses for the park (and I assume this does not include the NSC) but do they have an alternative plan?

It seems they prefer the status quo to ANY redevelopment, which I understand, but the status quo is unsustainable without funding which is akin to flushing money down the toilet without some kind of money stream.

Could the regenerated Sports Center with CPFC on site fund clean dinosaurs, stagnant free lakes and graffiti free walls and pavements, with a nice park that the Crystal Palace Community Association seem to think will happen just like that.

It's not even really a NIMBY thing, which makes it even more frustrating.

(I know I live in the US, but the Park has great memories for me (as does the Sports Centre) and just can't believe that if I moved back tomorrow it would just be a 30 year older version of what I left behind in 1981)
Old 13-06-2012, 01:20 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgehog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sorry - Just saw this on the other thread:

Apologies.
Old 13-06-2012, 01:58 AM

muji was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmuji was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmuji was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmuji was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmuji was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmuji was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmuji was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmuji was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmuji was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmuji was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldmuji was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
The Masterplan has taken years in the making and the public have had ample time to comment before it was finalised. The plan makes sense and the proposed housing is on the periphery of the park where housing and caravan park already exists. Plans for housing at the Anerley Hill end were dropped, which was right as there is no existing housing there at all.

I agree with you, anything proposed for the park will be objected to by certain sections of the community. Some them fantasise about rebuilding the Crystal Palace itself as the only development being justifiable but they conveniently forget all the attractions in the park that went with it and the fact that it went out of favour once venues built nearer the centre of town provided competition for its wares.

Another problem is that for people like me who remember the motor racing and the Garden Parties etc, the park was a place for entertainment and events not a quiet, placid place and that's what we still hanker after. But people who've arrived in the area in recent times have only seen the 'quiet' post-GLC park and see the return of more entertainment aspects as ruining 'their' version of the park – though with the multitude of 'quiet' parks in the area one with more life in it would add to, not detract from, the choice available.

The masterplan can be viewed here.