Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Time for a fresh face though? Off the pitch it's hard to see too much improvement in marketing etc compared to our rivals.

I would love to see an ace DOF brought in to oversee scouting, transfers plus the youth setup. If done right it would be a real shot of life in the club to capitalise on promotion etc.

My one disappointment this summer is the lack of visible progress off the pitch when now is the time to be building long term and not just in terms of stadium and players.
I think it's a fair point. The club was a complete shambles under Goldberg and Jordan, and although it seems the owners are trying their hardest you never seem to get anything out of Phil Alexander. Why has the stadium been such a state all these years? Why hasn't there even been basic things like seat numbers on the seats etc.? What exactly does he do outside of the transfer window? Why does it always feel like the club is run in such an amateur way, despite all the hard work of people like Mandy, Foz etc.?
Old 28-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Oh yeah. Why didn't Phil tell CPFC2010 that the Swansea game will need to be rearranged to Sunday if they qualify for the next round of the Europa league?
Old 29-08-2013, 12:27 AM

Optimistic Kev will cross the room to turn the lights down lowOptimistic Kev will cross the room to turn the lights down lowOptimistic Kev will cross the room to turn the lights down lowOptimistic Kev will cross the room to turn the lights down lowOptimistic Kev will cross the room to turn the lights down lowOptimistic Kev will cross the room to turn the lights down lowOptimistic Kev will cross the room to turn the lights down lowOptimistic Kev will cross the room to turn the lights down lowOptimistic Kev will cross the room to turn the lights down lowOptimistic Kev will cross the room to turn the lights down lowOptimistic Kev will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Reading this thread is totally embarrassing. People need to get a grip. Am also surprised at some posters on here who are usually decent.

PA is a top guy, any thoughts that players etc won't sign because of him are beyond clueless.

Get a grip peeps FFS.

Next we're be blaming the groundsman. To much grass for Tottenham to play football.

Groundsman out!
Old 29-08-2013, 01:26 AM
CPFC LOYAL

Heath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Silly thread IMHO
Old 29-08-2013, 05:48 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
See Post #46. Vice-like handshake.

Nothing else to see here.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 29-08-2013, 06:21 AM

Duke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
I think it's a fair point. The club was a complete shambles under Goldberg and Jordan, and although it seems the owners are trying their hardest you never seem to get anything out of Phil Alexander. Why has the stadium been such a state all these years? Why hasn't there even been basic things like seat numbers on the seats etc.? What exactly does he do outside of the transfer window? Why does it always feel like the club is run in such an amateur way, despite all the hard work of people like Mandy, Foz etc.?

Haha. Seat numbers, you serious .

And what does he do? Again you serious? You try running a lost making business with hundreds of staff, and have everything perfect.

Making things great when you have cash is hard enough.

Under Jordan the guy was facing a losing battle very day, it must have been like trying to block a dam with a sticking plaster.

2010 have worked with him for three years now. if he was no good, do you not thiink he would have left by now?

Give him a break
Old 29-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
If people really aren't happy with the amazing progress made in three short years, then they are supporting the wrong club. Is everything perfect at The Emirates? Or Stamford Bridge? I think the transformation in so many areas of the club has been remarkable. If it takes 10 days to post out a replica shirt, or the big screen has a dodgy panel, so what? I'm sure the club are aware and even the little things are on the 'to do' list. People like Phil, Sharon, Terry and Mandy do masses of unseen stuff which seems to be taken for granted, and baseless accusations really aren't fair or reasonable. Rome wasn't built in a day, enjoy the journey instead of impatiently moaning that we're not yet at the destination.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 29-08-2013, 06:38 AM

Duke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
If it takes 10 days to post out a replica shirt
Whoa there. Too far, it took 15 days for mine... Not good enough.

So I'm changing my mind. Phil out

Old 29-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Blimey. 3 narrow defeats and already the knives are out.

Surely if PA was so incompetent one of the regimes he's worked under would have twigged and binned him off by now?
Old 29-08-2013, 07:08 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
People will not criticise the owners so Phil presumably become the natural scapegoat. From the posts on here it is pretty clear most people have no idea what Phil actually does. The suggestion he is twiddling his thumbs outside the transfer window is particularly amusing. I think if anyone looks back they will see that both administrators have been extremely complimentary about Phil as well - in fact I recall that somewhere Patterson said we should thank him for the fact the club still exists.

You can't manage unmanageable owners or do things with non-existent money neither can you be held accountable for a shop that you DO NOT RUN.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 29-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
And above all he was a feckin' hero for the London Monarchs at Wembley. End of.
Old 29-08-2013, 07:55 AM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The man is no ******* saint.
Old 29-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Collecting Palace tat

He holds the world record for longest field goal in World League history (54 yards v Merton Admirals).

Old 29-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Pardew's Shorts generally hates me on here, so I don't know why I am defending him, but...

He is absolutely right when he says lots of people have asked what PA does, and have questionned how successful he is. I've heard it at the ground, in pubs, on trains to matches etc, it is a fairly common question among fans.

The truth is, none of us really know, and the fact that MR B has said he does and important job should be enough. Although...

Last edited by CPFC_DAVE77; 29-08-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 29-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davematt View Post
The man is no ******* saint.
Who is? Even some saints are no saints.
Old 29-08-2013, 08:26 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Time for a fresh face though? Off the pitch it's hard to see too much improvement in marketing etc compared to our rivals.
Maybe send your ideas to the head of marketing then?

Have you also missed

- The Crystals
- The new badge which has 3 different versions depending on the use
- Palace ale
- Sponsorship that gives us exposure in the Far East
- Posters campaigns around South London
- Eagles Fitter
- CPFC Foundation
- Groupon (okay, that one is embarrassing)
- Themed restaurants in the Main Stand

???

These are all areas that create or work in conjunction with developing the CPFC brand and have been developed in the last few years. I'd say they're doing pretty well when compared with Jordan who's only marketing strategy was to make himself a **** on tv.
Old 29-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Wagon Painter

If nothing else, the thread has made me wonder about the CE role in football clubs. At our level I suspect it is different from the equivalent at Chelsea etc. I suspect that primarily it is focused on overseeing the staff and operations behind the scenes, the administration stuff. In this regard it may well involve growing club income once a step has been decided on by the owner(s)/Chairman/Directors.
Old 29-08-2013, 08:31 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
Pardew's Shorts generally hates me on here, so I don't know why I am defending him, but...

He is absolutely right when he says lots of people have asked what PA does, and have questionned how successful he is. I've heard it at the ground, in pubs, on trains to matches etc, it is a fairly common question among fans.

The truth is, none of us really know, and the fact that MR B has said he does and important job should be enough. Although...
His post was quite specific about transfer negotiations though and seemed designed to stir things up and I for one had never heard any rumours about this, he made the comments after his mammoth post on the Bristol City thread which got some support and as usual was all positive designed to put down some dissenters, in it he defends the transfer policy, nowhere did it suggest that there was an issue internally about getting players to sign for the club.

Whether he meant to or not, it came across like there was a concern about PA's involvement, and I suggest that if some other poster who may not be quite as positive as some had posted it, then people like Pardews shorts would have shot them down in flames.

Only 'blue sky' opinion allowed on here please, this isn't a discussion forum.
Old 29-08-2013, 08:36 AM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wow.
Old 29-08-2013, 08:46 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here