Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-01-2013, 01:11 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Thanks Steve, look after the better class of supporter first
Old 28-01-2013, 02:04 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
Why would people buy a house near a park with sports facilities, complain about sports being held there?
Anything is possible - last time we went up I well remember a letter in the Adder asking for people to spare a thought for non-football people local to the ground. The writer had lived on Holmesdale Road between Clifton Road and Farnley Road and was complaining about enduring chaos every match during the ten years he/she was there before being "forced" to move out. Sorry and all that - but didn't they glance up the hill?
Old 28-01-2013, 07:57 PM

lukecpfc123 belongs to Ollielukecpfc123 belongs to Ollielukecpfc123 belongs to Ollielukecpfc123 belongs to Ollielukecpfc123 belongs to Ollielukecpfc123 belongs to Ollielukecpfc123 belongs to Ollielukecpfc123 belongs to Ollielukecpfc123 belongs to Ollielukecpfc123 belongs to Ollielukecpfc123 belongs to Ollie
GO FOR A BIG PUSH AND GET CPP! i think that would suit everthing in the long term. It is a big call to make as SP was saying on hol radio last night
Old 29-01-2013, 09:42 AM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In terms of gaining planning permission for any type of building how long you have lived at a property has no affect, if you have a complaint and live within a certain area and can argue that you would be affected by the new building then you will be listened too.

Regardless of whether you have lived at the property for 10 minutes or 10 years. In a situation like this where the new build goes from a barely used facility to one used "constantly" the residents will have more of a say.

As much as I and I am sure many others would love us to move to CPP as Mr. Parish has said the logistics behind getting planning permission might just be beyond impossible.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 29-01-2013, 11:40 PM
loving palace since 1987

jabbski would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjabbski would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjabbski would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjabbski would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjabbski would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjabbski would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjabbski would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjabbski would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjabbski would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjabbski would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjabbski would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
I'm a season ticket holder in the Arthur Wait and whilst the facilities aren't great, I'd agree its got to be the Main Stand to be refurbished first for the sake of corporate facilities, etc. for the future.

I don't think the Arthur is that bad to be honest either. I doubt the roof can be any higher than it is now or residents would complain, so you probably can't build a second tier or get any more seats in (unlike main stand where there is room to get more seats). If anything, a new roof structure for the Arthur without the pillars and maybe converting the wood seats from row 26 onwards to plastic seats and its job done for me.

Finally, I wouldn't mind seeing the main camera position from Arthur Wait being switched over to the "new" Main Stand too. I think our ground would look ace from there with the holmesdale fanatics and CPFC advertising in the far corner, along with the sight of both home and away fans getting behind the team. When Selhurst is rocking, TV never does it justice as it is.
Old 30-01-2013, 12:59 PM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
For me I would personally like the away fans to put into a rebuilt whitehorse and that end of the AW given over to families. A couple of lounges (ala red n blue bar) in the rebuilt AW would be awesome.
Old 30-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
The Arthur has the worst facilities and the one that needs doing first but the main stand will bring in more revenue to actually help pay for the work.

All options are being considered.
I'm glad you are undecided about the best way forward, as the CPP option is so tantalising close now that the Grand Prix is going to the Olympic Stadium and all income for the athletics stadium has been lost.

However, whatever happens it will be a long way into the future and the current situation needs addressing. Rebuilding the AW must really be the way forward regardless of whether we move or not, as due to it's foundations it only really needs new facilities and a new roof, which could be built with the Wilf money.

I disagree with Jabbski's point about the roof height for a 2nd "mini-tier", as the current roof goes right back to the back of the stand due to the blocks at the back, where as if they were removed then the level would be lower and further away from the houses, meaning the roof could be raise higher without affecting the light to the houses, as well a creating a bigger concourse for the better facilities and segregation (hope that makes sense!).

If we did move to CPP then it would probably take 10 years minimum. Whether you guys will still be owners then is anyone's guess but I cant see how Selhurst can remain as it is for another 10 years.

Refurbishing Selhurst is currently the best option regardless, then if we get promoted and stay there then the Sky money would enable you to go for the CPP bigtime.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
The Arthur has the worst facilities and the one that needs doing first but the main stand will bring in more revenue to actually help pay for the work.

All options are being considered.
I guess you probably can't give away too much at this stage but it is there a realistic option to build upper tier stands over a new, larger L shaped Sainsburys, encompassing the large footprint of the main stand and current sainsburys/croydon advertiser stand with steep sided lower tier seating in front of the supermarket walls, accessed from the roof of the supermarket? This would give the ground 3 stands of the same height and a much larger potential capacity again. Or is it simpler/cheaper to redo one stand at a time?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:40 AM
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is here
Nothing is decided yet but it is possible to build an upper tier on top of Sainsbury's where the exec boxes are now.
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/
merchandise enquiries, mail : mike.pink@cpfc.co.uk or foz.bowers@cpfc.co.uk or call 020 8768 6100

BBS posts from this account are unofficial and written for members of this forum only and must not be quoted in the press as representing CPFC or any individual.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nothing is decided yet but it is possible to build an upper tier on top of Sainsbury's where the exec boxes are now.
Thanks, I remember that there was some doubt as to whether the foundations or roof could hold 5000 people jumping up and down on it. Just as long as we wont all end up in the fruit n veg aisle

Must be a tricky decision as to the best way forward and also the timing of it.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:26 AM

ob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineob13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i usually go in the aw and have always felt its absolutely fine,i come to watch palace and make as much noise as possible to support the team and the stand is ace for this!personally i cant see the point of swapping those quality wooden seats which on the odd occasion i sit are actually really comfy due to being arse shaped rather than flat.however for the charlton game i bought my old man and we tried the upper tier and it was really nice to be able to go up to the red and blue bar to kill time and relax before the game so now realise what ive been missing with regard to facilities so in some ways logic would dictate that perhaps aw should be done first? but on the other hand its also the biggest stand capacity wise and houses away fans too so maybe it should be rebuilt last? therefore not lowering ground capacity below our average gates during any building works.chuck in a bit of informed and knowledgable thinking and its probably even more confusing?
glad its not me having to make these decisions
Old 18-02-2013, 07:08 PM
TV size DOES matter !!

Location: US Outpost #31, Station 4 of the United States Antarctic Research Institute
Always an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Steve, is that a possibility then, I'd read that as suggesting, as some have proposed on here, flipping the pitch ...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
Its expensive so we won't be able to do it until we know the pitch is definitely staying where it is. .
Old 19-02-2013, 12:04 PM
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is hereCPFC2010 Sam the man is here
Anything is possible at this stage.
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/
merchandise enquiries, mail : mike.pink@cpfc.co.uk or foz.bowers@cpfc.co.uk or call 020 8768 6100

BBS posts from this account are unofficial and written for members of this forum only and must not be quoted in the press as representing CPFC or any individual.
Old 19-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murray
A roof? Artificial turf? Coolio.
Old 19-02-2013, 12:38 PM

Kaberle15 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsKaberle15 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsKaberle15 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsKaberle15 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsKaberle15 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsKaberle15 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsKaberle15 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsKaberle15 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsKaberle15 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsKaberle15 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsKaberle15 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
My mate came up with an idea whereby any player faking an injury gets absorbed by the pitch, to deter timewasting. Would be good if we could get this.
Old 19-02-2013, 12:44 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Am I right in thinking Sainsbury's have to be consulted on a redevelopment? And given SP's negotiating strategies, could we be in a 'who will blink first' scenario?
Old 19-02-2013, 01:41 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just out of interest, do CPFC2010 see there as being a genuine financial case for 'rebuilding' Selhurst Park?

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 19-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Non-stale hot dog rolls?
No way it will never happen
Old 19-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would prefer CPP, but assuming Palace stay at SP, I wonder if CPFC2010 have clocked the fact that if the government decide to modify the "right to light" (as rumoured in several papers), this might make a rebuild at SP much easier to arrange.
(see Ron Noades' famous 2/3 main stand planning permit).
Old 19-02-2013, 07:11 PM

Looking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
From sitting in the corner of the holmesdale it always strikes me how big the footprint of the Arthur Waite stand is and how shallow the seats are currently. Surely if it were demolished it would provide a big enough footprint for a large modern replacement?

Also when you walk along park road you notice how low it seems which I'd imagine would allow a much larger (higher) structure in its place without depriving local residents of light.

Both ends of the ground look ok to me so I would think a new Arthur, followed by a new main stand a couple of years later and we would be looking at a decent ground, modern but still with the character that we have today. We could even adjoin the corners to the holmesdale as the sides are tapered to allow that.

Obviously the sinking holmesdale is another issue.

Sorry bored on the train to the game and wanted to share!