Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-02-2013, 08:31 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can I just say that I have no experience as a stadium designer but used to draw goalnets in primary school, had a Meccano set and am now bloody good at Jenga.

Happy to help!
Old 21-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK PALACE TILL I DIE
I am fully confident that the main Structure of the AW Stand could be redeveloped very quickly and at a fraction of the cost of demolishing and rebuilding. Rip off the old Roof – a couple of Piled Anchor Foundations for a nice new Cantilevered Roof – Job done.
This is exacly what I keep trying to say but some seem to think this is just a bodge job/polishing a turd. I'm pretty sure we could get a modern stand with modern facilities for less than the £10m Man U have paid us for Wilf, due to the fact the foundations are already there.
Old 21-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd be for anything that heavily inconveniences the people who live around CPP. I am still annoyed at their whinging that caused the closure of the racing circuit. I really loved my days out there and Brands Hatch never quite had the same atmosphere. Maybe we could come up with plans that included motor racing, a tank range and a jet propulsion laboratory and then as part of negotiations we could drop these demands. The wankers may end up delighted to only have to put up with a football ground.
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 21-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
the main Structure of the AW Stand could be redeveloped very quickly and at a fraction of the cost of demolishing and rebuilding. Rip off the old Roof – a couple of Piled Anchor Foundations for a nice new Cantilevered Roof – Job done.
A modern cantilevered roof would be incredibly lighter then the current roof, take all the supporting pillars out (no more obstructed views on a side stand at Selhurst), and dramatically improve the views from the back section.

What it would not do is solve the issue whereby the concourse is inadequate for the seated capacity. The current concourse (including subterranean toilets) was built for a seated section which is only half the stands current capacity.

I suspect to achieve a truly modern stand built to modern standards, a complete demolition, dig down and rebuild would be required. You would then gain sufficient space under the whole stand for bars, large modern toilets and other matchday facilities.

I would hope Palace get plenty of pre-application advice from Croydon Council planning department (it is available if you pay) so that time and money is not wasted on proposals which are unlikely to be passed, but that realistic plans can be drawn up that take into account neighbouring properties and other planning constraints.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 21-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino
This is exacly what I keep trying to say but some seem to think this is just a bodge job/polishing a turd. I'm pretty sure we could get a modern stand with modern facilities for less than the £10m Man U have paid us for Wilf, due to the fact the foundations are already there.
Problem is that for the stand to maximise fans' enjoyment and the club's income potential, the foundations would have to be dug into; when the stand was built, it was done so on the cheap, just placed on the hill, meaning a huge potential area of money making has been lost.

Just think: that would have cost something in the region of £100K when it was built. The joys of debt.
Old 21-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhurstparkflyer
Problem is that for the stand to maximise fans' enjoyment and the club's income potential, the foundations would have to be dug into; when the stand was built, it was done so on the cheap, just placed on the hill, meaning a huge potential area of money making has been lost.
Hit the nail on the head.

Also the TV gantry is like some crap home-made scaffold job. Total botch job that has been left like it for 40+ years, yet which hangs in the view of thousands of seats at the back and makes what could be prime view seats have all the ambience of some ancient greyhound stadium.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 21-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Given what we know about the sinking Holmesdale that rules out sinking the pitch due to the flooding issues we'd get?

That's without considering the other pipes and stuff that surely run under the pitch given its location in the middle of a residential area.

I'm still firmly in the Team CPP camp
Old 21-02-2013, 10:39 PM

janerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
A replica of Juventus Stadium in CPP please
Old 21-02-2013, 10:42 PM

janerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farjanerz stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Can't believe ppl just want to give the Arthur a lick of paint & a new roof. So short sighted! A quick fix just won't do!
Old 21-02-2013, 10:47 PM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
revenue idea open the main glaziers bar as a pub open every day, with the real ales doing so well
Old 21-02-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul
revenue idea open the main glaziers bar as a pub open every day, with the real ales doing so well
Having been to shearer's @ Newcastle, there's deffo money to be made in something like that. But the location @ Selhurst let's the idea down. If it was in CPP then that's a different ball game
Old 21-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Mods Rule!!!

whyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul
Good idea, make the Glaziers twice as big with abit more charactor + the club would be onto a real winner imo

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 21-02-2013, 11:04 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by janerz
Can't believe ppl just want to give the Arthur a lick of paint & a new roof. So short sighted! A quick fix just won't do!
Half the seats in the AW are only suitable for shorter fans. My knees are up under my chin. Some of the poorest seating in any stadium and need to be ripped out. Would be nice to have a standing area there but preference will always be a new build in the park
Old 21-02-2013, 11:16 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
I would like the ground to re-create the 1979/89 experience, wherever it is.
Old 21-02-2013, 11:17 PM

Rich in Essex is so fast, so shiny, so sharpRich in Essex is so fast, so shiny, so sharpRich in Essex is so fast, so shiny, so sharpRich in Essex is so fast, so shiny, so sharpRich in Essex is so fast, so shiny, so sharpRich in Essex is so fast, so shiny, so sharpRich in Essex is so fast, so shiny, so sharpRich in Essex is so fast, so shiny, so sharpRich in Essex is so fast, so shiny, so sharpRich in Essex is so fast, so shiny, so sharpRich in Essex is so fast, so shiny, so sharp
If we have to go with the redevelopment, something similar to a smaller version of the Fritz Walter in Kaiserslautern (49K) could work. Steep stands, one with a slightly lower roof with club offices in the corners of that stand (stick a club bar in one corner) are impressive.
A big impact will be the implementation of safe standing which could give us a decent capacity on a small site although a 90 degree turn may be better but would probably be expensive if houses have to be compulsory purchased.
Old 21-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle
What it would not do is solve the issue whereby the concourse is inadequate for the seated capacity. The current concourse (including subterranean toilets) was built for a seated section which is only half the stands current capacity.
I'll try explaining this again, the idea is to knock out the current back part of the stand (where the AWM go) along with the roof. This would at least double the available space for a concourse as well as push the back of the roof starting point by at least 10 metres away from Park Road.

Yes this would reduce the capacity but because the roof has been moved away from the houses it would mean it could start at a higher point, meaning we could probably put a 2nd mini-tier along with some exec boxes.
Old 21-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Time is running out

Quote:
Originally Posted by janerz
No one is saying that, where are you getting that from? Are you going to fund a new Juventus style stadium?

It's called being realistic. Yes we would have to strip back the AW to the foundations and put new seating in etc but I dont see why we would have to spend a small fortune digging into them for no good reason.
Old 22-02-2013, 06:49 AM

MARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Guy’s

There are ways of increasing the Concourse and facilities of the AW without a full demolishment. Look at it on a smaller scale. People have extensions and basements opened up on their homes without having their home demolished. And in many cases they still live in their home whilst the work is being done. Now scale it up to the AW stand. Sure there will be disruption but it can defiantly be done. It would be great to start a fresh and have spanking new stands and facilities constructed but the point I am making is that there are other and cheaper options and solutions. I am 100% confident that if as my original post we get shot of the old roof structure along with all the structural steel supports and install a cantilevered roof the AW experience will be dramatically improved.
Old 22-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Guy’s

There are ways of increasing the Concourse and facilities of the AW without a full demolishment. Look at it on a smaller scale. People have extensions and basements opened up on their homes without having their home demolished. And in many cases they still live in their home whilst the work is being done. Now scale it up to the AW stand. Sure there will be disruption but it can defiantly be done. It would be great to start a fresh and have spanking new stands and facilities constructed but the point I am making is that there are other and cheaper options and solutions. I am 100% confident that if as my original post we get shot of the old roof structure along with all the structural steel supports and install a cantilevered roof the AW experience will be dramatically improved.
The AW is a potential worry. I think the club tried to get insurance against there being something grim underneath it. Not sure what type or what is grim. Think it's something to do with what the stand is built on and if that's gonna make it fall down or poison everyone. Charlton fan in city told me this so not too reliable a source. Not sure how said insurance would work but club under Jordan tried to get it.

Best to just go cpp really
Old 22-02-2013, 07:43 AM

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was it an old graveyard? I've a real feeling of a "From Dusk Til Dawn" scenario