Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-02-2013, 03:47 PM

sevsxp put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallsevsxp put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallsevsxp put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallsevsxp put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallsevsxp put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallsevsxp put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallsevsxp put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallsevsxp put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallsevsxp put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallsevsxp put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallsevsxp put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Dave Clark Five.... now down to 2....

Bassist for the Dave Clark Five , Rick Huxley passed away......

To view the link you have to Register or Login

2 left but we will forever have "Glad All Over"......
Old 12-02-2013, 04:29 PM

Budgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Very sad news, I am not sure if people realise just how big the DC5 were in the 60's both here and in the US

"Glad all Over" just fits so well with Palace and to recall all the kids thumping away on the advertising boards around the pitch to the drum beat way back almost 50 years ago makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end for those of us who remember those days. It provides a great link from present day Palace to the Palace of the early mid 60's

[Malcolm Allison, Flamboyant manager with the fedora hat 1927 - 2010 The Eagles "Godfather" RIP
Old 12-02-2013, 04:41 PM
glad all over

Son of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Glad all over is totally Palace. Anyone know how long Blackpool have had it as "their" song. R I P Rick
Old 12-02-2013, 04:42 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 12-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Vikings Fan

Jaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That sucks. Now I am sad all over.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Got 99 problems...

IpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coveta
Glad all over is totally Palace. Anyone know how long Blackpool have had it as "their" song. R I P Rick
From Wikipedia -

Crystal Palace Football Club adopted the song as their anthem in the 1960s. It is played at the start of all home games, when they score, and at the end of home games, providing Palace win. On Saturday 10 February 1968 The Dave Clark Five played "Glad All Over" live at Crystal Palace's home, Selhurst Park. A cover version, sung by the squad at the time, was released as part of their FA Cup run (where they reached the final of the competition) in 1990. The song has also been adopted by Palace's sister club, Crystal Palace Baltimore, for use at their home games.

Blackpool have also used Glad All Over as their anthem since 2008, and other English Football League teams Rotherham United, Port Vale and Swindon Town have followed suit, playing the song whenever they score a goal. It has also been used by Scottish Football League club Partick Thistle when they score a goal. Woking FC have recently started playing it every time they score a goal.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill
Old 12-02-2013, 11:26 PM

rashid lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnrashid lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnrashid lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnrashid lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnrashid lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnrashid lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnrashid lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnrashid lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnrashid lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnrashid lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnrashid lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
I think I can narrow it down to at least 1965 at Selhurst.
I wrote in with a request for the latest Yardbirds' single which wasI think For Your Love. Very cutting edge for a Mod, and not the usual fare over the loudspeakers.
I could not believe it when this request was read out at half time , although the announcerthen said "er, unfortunately we do not have that particular record, her, but do have ... Glad all over by the Dave Clark Five" and proceeded to play that, much to my chagrin.
Old 13-02-2013, 06:47 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Ferk I feel old. Sad news.Agree with Budgie(as I nearly always do).
Old 13-02-2013, 07:27 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is hereBrumie Allan Sam the man is here
Very sad news, RIP Rick

Old 13-02-2013, 07:32 AM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's so weird that all these other clubs have started playing this so recently??
Old 13-02-2013, 09:55 AM

moverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashid
I think I can narrow it down to at least 1965 at Selhurst.
I wrote in with a request for the latest Yardbirds' single which wasI think For Your Love. Very cutting edge for a Mod, and not the usual fare over the loudspeakers.
I could not believe it when this request was read out at half time , although the announcerthen said "er, unfortunately we do not have that particular record, her, but do have ... Glad all over by the Dave Clark Five" and proceeded to play that, much to my chagrin.

That's a great story, mate.

I've been going since 1968/69 and I remember it being played at every game then.

I can also remember Young Girl by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap being played quite a bit, was it John Henty who did the PA in them days...?
Old 13-02-2013, 09:59 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by moverman
That's a great story, mate.

Its a corker !

Wow. Thats all I can say. Wow.
Old 13-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by IpswichEagle
From Wikipedia -

"On Saturday 10 February 1968 The Dave Clark Five played "Glad All Over" live at Crystal Palace's home, Selhurst Park."

did not know this. does anyone have any photos of the occasion? were any bbsers there
Old 13-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Cityboyinthesticks

KennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesKennyB is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyes
I think the story also goes that Bits and Pieces was banned from being played at several public places like clubs and bars because everyone always joined in, with the result that all the furniture and crockery was getting broken by the vibration. Is that why we never used that as a follow-up to GAO ? Would have been the natural continuation but we weren't allowed to play it, (I'm guessing now).

By the way, did I hear someone at the Charlton game singing that Steam song Na na na na hey hey kiss him goodbye. We used to sing that a lot, but putting in "Crystal Palace".

Last edited by KennyB; 13-02-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 13-02-2013, 03:45 PM

Glad Lad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlad Lad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlad Lad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlad Lad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlad Lad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlad Lad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlad Lad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlad Lad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlad Lad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlad Lad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlad Lad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
GLAD ? I'm delighted !!

Listen ! ..As the bloke who introduced GAO to Selhurst -and no, I don't recall when - .. I do not remember either the DC5 appearing live at the ground at any time - certainly not 10 February 1968.

For starters we were playing away if I'm not much mistaken ! As for Bits and Pieces as a follow-up ? GAO was an instant success with Palace people then and remarkably remains so today. No need for a follow-up.

Hey - if this stuff makes YOU feel old, what d'you think it does for me eh ? We'll be there Saturday !!