Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-05-2018, 03:44 AM

audreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Customs/Border force chilli question!

Anyone on the BBS ITK about customs border force regulations on importing fresh chilli into the UK?
I have grown some 'Trinidad Scorpion' chilli's in my garden(in Australia) and wanted to send some over to my best mate in the UK. Am I allowed to do this? My missus has some flower seeds she wants to send too to my mates missus(just ordinary flowers not "funny cigarette" ones)....I know it all sounds very hippy but would appreciate it if anyone with knowledge could help me out.
Thanks in anticipation!
Old 13-05-2018, 05:00 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by audreytatou View Post
Anyone on the BBS ITK about customs border force regulations on importing fresh chilli into the UK?
I have grown some 'Trinidad Scorpion' chilli's in my garden(in Australia) and wanted to send some over to my best mate in the UK. Am I allowed to do this? My missus has some flower seeds she wants to send too to my mates missus(just ordinary flowers not "funny cigarette" ones)....I know it all sounds very hippy but would appreciate it if anyone with knowledge could help me out.
Thanks in anticipation!
I couldn't send such stuff through the Australian border controls .... FFS they took a banana off me that the Qantas flight crew had just given me going into Perth...so no I'm guessing not unless you are a proper importer exporter with licences....into Australia so why would the UK be different?

Last edited by in-exile; 13-05-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Old 13-05-2018, 05:02 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Happy Mother's Day to all Australian Mums btw!

Yes they have a different date for it.

Last edited by in-exile; 13-05-2018 at 05:09 AM.
Old 13-05-2018, 05:24 AM

olly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You can buy the seeds in the UK from this firm amongst others
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-05-2018, 05:25 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
I couldn't send such stuff through the Australian border controls .... FFS they took a banana of me that the Qantas flight crew had just given me going into Perth...so no I'm guessing not unless you are a proper importer exporter with licences....into Australia so why would the UK be different?
Australia is extremely strick. It is different from most countries.
Old 13-05-2018, 05:32 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
It will be ok. Just send them they will only throw them in the bin if you can't.
Old 13-05-2018, 05:32 AM
#Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
Australia is extremely strick. It is different from most countries.
I guessed that but let's be hard on the cheating ball scratching down under cousins!
Old 13-05-2018, 05:37 AM

PS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It took all sorts of problems to a bottle of 'Shit the bed' sauce out of Aus to UK.
Old 13-05-2018, 06:09 AM

audreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
I couldn't send such stuff through the Australian border controls .... FFS they took a banana off me that the Qantas flight crew had just given me going into Perth...so no I'm guessing not unless you are a proper importer exporter with licences....into Australia so why would the UK be different?
It does seem over the top coming into Aus but I guess they have their reasons...
Old 13-05-2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
It will be ok. Just send them they will only throw them in the bin if you can't.
That's plan B mate...cheers
Old 13-05-2018, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2 View Post
It took all sorts of problems to a bottle of 'Shit the bed' sauce out of Aus to UK.
Why on earth?? that's just silly did you get it into the UK??
Old 13-05-2018, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly cromwell View Post
You can buy the seeds in the UK from this firm amongst others
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-05-2018, 06:52 AM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDaniel_Nash will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDaniel_Nash will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDaniel_Nash will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDaniel_Nash will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDaniel_Nash will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDaniel_Nash will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDaniel_Nash will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDaniel_Nash will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDaniel_Nash will cross the room to turn the lights down lowDaniel_Nash will cross the room to turn the lights down low
The only problem will be leaving Australia, but even then when I've gone places with food as gifts Australia doesn't mind things leaving.. only coming in and when you declare it, they are usually fine about it as long as the items are cooked and don't contain seeds.

I've never had a problem bringing food into the UK from various places. Either in my luggage or through the mail. Wrap them, put them in a plastic tub, seal the tub, and put it in your luggage.
Old 13-05-2018, 07:06 AM

PS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by audreytatou View Post
Why on earth?? that's just silly did you get it into the UK??
Eventually. Caused a right fuss for a few weeks. It was for Christmas present.
Old 13-05-2018, 07:12 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Australia are amazingly tight on any foodstuffs in and out of their country. Like someone else above, I was stopped at customs leaving Oz, because I had wooden carved fruit in my case. I had to explain that it had been cleared for me by the retailer. The guy picked it up and shook it, sniffed it, and was reluctant to let it go through. Eventually he did, and overlooked my bottle opener with a knife attachment that I had inadvertently left in my hand luggage.
Old 13-05-2018, 07:15 AM

Night Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Australia are amazingly tight on any foodstuffs in and out of their country. Like someone else above, I was stopped at customs leaving Oz, because I had wooden carved fruit in my case. I had to explain that it had been cleared for me by the retailer. The guy picked it up and shook it, sniffed it, and was reluctant to let it go through. Eventually he did, and overlooked my bottle opener with a knife attachment that I had inadvertently left in my hand luggage.

They certainly are but always waved me through when coming back from UK visits armed with 100 Cadbury chocolate bars and marmite
Old 13-05-2018, 07:44 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Send them to me in Spain, they dont give a shit, regularly carried 2 kilos of Kennedys sausages through customs.
Old 13-05-2018, 07:59 AM

palace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Send them to me in Spain, they dont give a shit, regularly carried 2 kilos of Kennedys sausages through customs.
6lb one christmas to the algarve 20 people for breakfast
Old 13-05-2018, 08:04 AM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My mother in law had a box of crystallized fruit confiscated by the Aussie customs, because they were fruit.
Weirdos.
Old 13-05-2018, 08:05 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace64 View Post
6lb one christmas to the algarve 20 people for breakfast