Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:42 PM

dannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_uk
So your mining? What Graphics card do you have ?
You wanna join a mining pool such as:

To view the link you have to Register or Login or To view the link you have to Register or Login

Both sites will have details of how to get started.
Just the inbuilt one nothing special. atm it's syncing with network with 200.000 blocks remaining going down quite fast whatever that's meant to mean ?

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:43 PM
BBS BTC Baron

Russ_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by alza_1999
Ok... How are these things created.
Difficult to explain, check out To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
Who sets how much is in circulation?
21million BTC's

Quote:
How are the coins treated tax wise if used for a purchase
Complete grey area ATM
Old 11-04-2013, 02:43 PM

Justin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You are all bonkers.

Still at least you will make the performance of the people in the Investment Thread look a bit better.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:44 PM

ffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Also with the current hype surrounding Bitcoin in the mass media, its attracted too many people who have no idea what there doing, They see the slightest blip in the market and start selling like crazy - that's not the way to play this 'game'

Thats how markets work though! If people are fearful, the market will crash, regardless of how you think it should work.

Remember your stake is 100% safe, guaranteed by me - you will NOT lose money!

Last edited by ffsear; 11-04-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:47 PM
BBS BTC Baron

Russ_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb1
Just the inbuilt one nothing special. atm it's syncing with network with 200.000 blocks remaining going down quite fast whatever that's meant to mean ?
If you can find out what Hash rate your processing at you can work out how much your likely to earn here:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-04-2013, 02:49 PM

dannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ok so it says my wallet and recent transactions are out of sync but I have 8 active connections to the network ?

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:52 PM
BBS BTC Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffsear
Thats how markets work though! If people are fearful, the market will crash, regardless of how you think it should work.
But these people are being too fearful, you shouldn't jump ship altogether at the 1st sign of a downward market.

But I don't mind if the prices get lower is better for the likes of myself to buy cheap
Old 11-04-2013, 02:54 PM

ffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This sums it up for me...

John, Mary and Kate are three "investors" who are buying bitcoins. Each time one of them buys a bitcoin, the value of bitcoins rises due to increased demand.

John got in early and bought 10 bitcoins for $1 each. So John's investment is a total of $10.

Mary got in a month ago and bought 10 bitcoins for $20 each. So Mary's total investment is $200.

Kate just bought her bitcoins, purchasing 10 of them for $200 each. So Mary's total investment is $2,000.

The total amount of their combined purchases as $10 + $200 + $2000, or a grand total of $2210.

But the three of them, in total, THINK they have a grand total of $6,000 worth of bitcoins because ALL the bitcoins they purchased are now "valued" at the most recent purchase price of $200.

In other words:

John currently owns 10 bitcoins valued at $200 each, so John thinks he's got "$2,000 worth of bitcoins" in his account.

Mary's 10 bitcoins are also valued at $200 each, so Mary thinks she's got "$2,000 worth of bitcoins."

Kate's bitcoins are also worth $200 each, so Kate has $2,000 worth of bitcoins.

In total, these three people believe they have $6,000 worth of bitcoins.

Yet, they only "invested" $2210.

Somehow, $3,790 in "value" was created out of nothing.

Where did this extra $3,790 come from?

Answer: It doesn't exist. It is an illusion.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:58 PM
BBS BTC Baron

Quote:
Ok so it says my wallet and recent transactions are out of sync but I have 8 active connections to the network ?
Your seeing something like this ?:

How long have you been running the app ?

I'm no expert using the Bitcoin-Qt client, but I expect it'll sort itself out.

you'll also find some great info at: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-04-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Your seeing something like this ?:

How long have you been running the app ?

I'm no expert using the Bitcoin-Qt client, but I expect it'll sort itself out.

you'll also find some great info at: To view the link you have to Register or Login
That's what I'm seeing and now I'm down to 130.000 blocks remaining but it's doing my CPU no good at 100%

Old 11-04-2013, 03:03 PM

Its about 8 gig of data, it took me about 10 hours to download and process!

Its pointless mineing Bitcoins now! Mine Litecoins instead and hope they take off

Old 11-04-2013, 03:08 PM

BB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
You are all bonkers.

Still at least you will make the performance of the people in the Investment Thread look a bit better.

Harsh.....

.....but fair
Old 11-04-2013, 03:08 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
So your mining? What Graphics card do you have ?
You wanna join a mining pool such as:

To view the link you have to Register or Login or To view the link you have to Register or Login

Both sites will have details of how to get started.
I have looked into mining but I am unclear of where the BTC you have earned through mining end up?
Old 11-04-2013, 03:09 PM
BBS BTC Baron

Quote:
That's what I'm seeing and now I'm down to 130.000 blocks remaining but it's doing my CPU no good at 100%
CPU's are virtually useless for mining, the don't have the required power.

What you need to mine efficiently is a high end graphics card (GPU) or several of them.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
CPU's are virtually useless for mining, the don't have the required power.

What you need to mine efficiently is a high end graphics card (GPU) or several of them.
uninstalling bit coin and trying litecoin. At the end of the day what is it all achieving ?

Old 11-04-2013, 03:13 PM
BBS BTC Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH
I have looked into mining but I am unclear of where the BTC you have earned through mining end up?
You need a bitcoin Wallet, that'll give you an address like:

1NaAuB6geBZs379Dx6tn4BEbesnPsMNHYS

Then when you sign up to a mining pool, you enter this address for them to send you your payout.

Here's a good place to get a wallet: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-04-2013, 03:15 PM
BBS BTC Baron

Quote:
uninstalling bit coin and trying litecoin. At the end of the day what is it all achieving ?
It all depends on what equipment you have, If you haven't got the correct hardware it's a complete waste of time.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:18 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have a brand new high spec machine with a good GPU. I am interested in trying to mine but all of the guides are way above my level of technical knowledge. LTC look even more complicated mine!
Old 11-04-2013, 03:24 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

BTC coins down again. $65
Old 11-04-2013, 03:24 PM
BBS BTC Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH
I have a brand new high spec machine with a good GPU. I am interested in trying to mine but all of the guides are way above my level of technical knowledge. LTC look even more complicated mine!
This should give you a nudge in the right direction:

To view the link you have to Register or Login