Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 04-07-2002, 01:34 PM

Markie mark is playing for a contract
Palace Players Who liked a Gamble/Smoke.

I feel that Players who liked a smoke or Gamble were an asset to the club and deserve respect. I sight Paul Hinslewood as an icon of enjoying a smoke and winning promotion.

Last edited by Markie mark; 04-07-2002 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
(sorry anti, that first bit has never been proved - NTE) and Chris Armstrong wasn't afraid of a spliff or two. Does this count?
Old 04-07-2002, 03:51 PM

Go to There and back again and see the picture of Paul H with smoke in mouth. Is the armstrong stuff just rumours.
Old 04-07-2002, 03:52 PM
leviathan

ozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Ade

the way he's been playing for us, i'm sure he's smoking crack..

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 04-07-2002, 04:05 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When we were lads at Selhurst, Archiebald Leitch and myself used to often head over to Selhurst Park to see what was occurring and every time we saw Stan Goodwin he had a fag in his mouth.

He was a 40-a-day man, allegedly.

Played like one too.
Old 04-07-2002, 04:13 PM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I believe John ('AVE A FAG!!) Humprey was partial to a smoke.
Old 04-07-2002, 04:29 PM

And wot of the great Palace Gamblers......Did Harkook not get involved in some scam with the Croydon Advitiser??????
Old 04-07-2002, 04:34 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Never forgetting mr Sansom.
Old 04-07-2002, 04:40 PM
BBS Voyeur

budgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by biggus mickus
Never forgetting mr Sansom.
The only bookie ever to lose money.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:18 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Mr Tuttle was renown for gambling and left because of this I believe. Also Gareth Davies apparently had to take on a second job when at Swindon to cover gambling debts. Also after a game a few seasons back me and me mate heard Fraser Digby going on about how he lost a lot of money gambling on cards.
Old 05-07-2002, 12:25 AM

Archiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders
When we were lads at Selhurst, Archiebald Leitch and myself used to often head over to Selhurst Park to see what was occurring and every time we saw Stan Goodwin he had a fag in his mouth.

He was a 40-a-day man, allegedly.

Played like one too.

SAMMY
Old 05-07-2002, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
Mr Tuttle was renown for gambling and left because of this I believe. Also Gareth Davies apparently had to take on a second job when at Swindon to cover gambling debts. Also after a game a few seasons back me and me mate heard Fraser Digby going on about how he lost a lot of money gambling on cards.
Bollocks.
Old 06-07-2002, 09:35 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
That picture of 'Doris' Hinshelwood with a fag In his mouth certainly didn't help me as a young lad,It was about the time I started smoking and to see one of your Idols smoking I did tend to think'oh well It must be alright then' especially as It was a supposidly fit pro sportsman.Still I've long since given up so no harm done,I hope!!
Old 07-07-2002, 12:46 AM
Fred hated Brighton too

johanncryuff is walloping Brighton 5-0johanncryuff is walloping Brighton 5-0johanncryuff is walloping Brighton 5-0johanncryuff is walloping Brighton 5-0johanncryuff is walloping Brighton 5-0johanncryuff is walloping Brighton 5-0johanncryuff is walloping Brighton 5-0johanncryuff is walloping Brighton 5-0johanncryuff is walloping Brighton 5-0johanncryuff is walloping Brighton 5-0johanncryuff is walloping Brighton 5-0
The thing about Sansom was mostly his brothers fault - he was the bookie and took a lot of no tax (illegal) bets from Ken and some of his non-Palace mates. They then knocked Ken for the money and he (stupidly) tried to win it back by gambling more. Then became compulsive - crying shame.
David Price was often seen in Ladbrokes in Purley on a regular basis - big punter.
Peter Nicholas also liked to bet - and still owes me £50 for a bet I placed for him on some dodgepot at Naas in about 1992. he came to collect the winnings whilst I was out and the missus gave him the whole £550, not realising he had not given me the stake in the first place!!!

And of course Venables **** used to like a night at the dogs, and a game of cards - 7 card stud I think was his game??
Old 08-07-2002, 08:32 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Mick Hill from the 70's liked a smoke only reason I know was there when got stopped by customs coming back from a daytrip to France for having to much tobacco !
Old 25-05-2017, 05:32 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Tuttle spent many an afternoon in the bookies when he lived down by the drift bridge in Nork and lost a lot of money. Andy Morrison (albeit a loanee) was another who lost a lost of money during his career to the bookmakers.
Old 25-05-2017, 06:31 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
I remember someone saying that Mark Hudson was a big gambler
Old 25-05-2017, 07:17 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Wee Wullie Wallace alledgedly like a wee bet
Old 31-05-2017, 11:25 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markie mark View Post
Go to There and back again and see the picture of Paul H with smoke in mouth. Is the armstrong stuff just rumours.
No re Chris Armstrong, that probably started in Fellow bbs'rs Youngy, Radders , 3 beers at HT and mine old boozer .
Old 31-05-2017, 11:28 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Wee Wullie Wallace alledgedly like a wee bet
Didn't he get in a lot of trouble for this lol. Managers wise I heard Pulis liked a bet