Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:46 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamy View Post
He needs to have a 35+ goal return, win Ligue Un and get to the Champions League semis for this to be an instant success.

My gut feeling is that all that will change next year is that Messi and Suarez add a few more goals to their individual tallies.
Domestically he will be a god, whether they can cut it in Europe remains to be seen, they will by no means be a one man team but the expectation of the team will be falling on him now.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 02-08-2017, 10:50 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamy View Post
He needs to have a 35+ goal return, win Ligue Un and get to the Champions League semis for this to be an instant success.

My gut feeling is that all that will change next year is that Messi and Suarez add a few more goals to their individual tallies.
My gut feeling is that as long as he can stay motivated for a cold Tuesday night in Angers that 35 goals in Ligue 1 will not be an issue for him, and given Monaco's squad sales they should take the title. In terms of Champions League they should get through the group stage anyway and after that there is an element of who they get in the draw but no doubt he will make them a much greater danger in that competition.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:52 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
Domestically he will be a god, whether they can cut it in Europe remains to be seen, they will by no means be a one man team but the expectation of the team will be falling on him now.
Neymar, Cavani, Draxler, Di Maria - they are not short of attacking options and all those are dangerous at European level.

Their defence is not too bad either.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:54 AM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Neymar, Cavani, Draxler, Di Maria - they are not short of attacking options and all those are dangerous at European level.

Their defence is not too bad either.
They used to be too reliant on Ibrahimovic, who has been a bottler in Europe for most of his career. Essentially making Neymar their new talisman should deliver far more success in the champions league.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another player who would make us better moves on and we're not even showing an interest.

Where's all the money gone Parish????? Sort it out
Old 02-08-2017, 11:22 AM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
So Neymar leaves Barcelona training after 30 minutes this morning.

Crazy amount of money, but I can't help feel highly amused that this will annoy Barcelona greatly and a little karma for them.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:23 AM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
Another player who would make us better moves on and we're not even showing an interest.

Where's all the money gone Parish????? Sort it out
He doesn't track back
Old 02-08-2017, 11:43 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
(Sorry Ince, you will be better than Walcott though)
There are some right twats on these boards.

oh...
Old 02-08-2017, 11:43 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
So Neymar leaves Barcelona training after 30 minutes this morning.

Crazy amount of money, but I can't help feel highly amused that this will annoy Barcelona greatly and a little karma for them.
Yep, I love it. Money is plain stupid in this sport now but if anyone was to suffer from it, I'm glad it is Barcelona.

I especially enjoy how much the the La Liga president is moaning, threatening to report them
Old 02-08-2017, 11:45 AM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
I raise this often when players are compared with others. How good would Neymar Messi or Sanchez be in our team? Someone in office today was talking about Neymar going to PSG. Said they would have to but more top quality players to play alongside him. If that's the case then he's not all that. Put wilf in the Barcelona side and I believe he would run riot. The opposition couldn't afford to double up on him with Messi and Surrey to worry about. It's where England fail. They pick players from top 5 clubs ho look better than they are because of players around them. I know I played better ehen in a team with good players as opposed to average. Do you think Kame would be PL top scorer playing for us?
Old 02-08-2017, 11:52 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
brazilians do tend to follow the money but from what it looks like this move is driven by two things, a) money, which says a lot about his character, and b) his desire to win the ballon d'or. He'll never win it. He's behind Ronaldo, Messi and Suarez and i would argue is comparable with someone like Bale, Aguero, Sanchez. A real testament to the man would have been to stay at Barcelona and prove you're the best player in that team which should in itself give you the ballon d'or unless Ronaldo continues playing the way he has been. He clearly can't be arsed with proving himself and trying to step up to the next level, and is moving to PSG where let's be honest he'll piss that league as it's rubbish, but i still can't see them getting passed the quarter's in the champions league, let alone the semi's. They haven't done that once in the last 10 years at least. He won't suddenly make them a semi final quality team, he isn't good enough. if you put Ronaldo or Messi in that it might be a different argument

He goes missing in big games, and quite frankly 200m is beyond a joke. As you can probably tell i'm not a huge fan. He's only really a slightly better Wilf.......
Old 02-08-2017, 11:55 AM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
I especially enjoy how much the the La Liga president is moaning, threatening to report them
Old 02-08-2017, 12:00 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
Yep, I love it. Money is plain stupid in this sport now but if anyone was to suffer from it, I'm glad it is Barcelona.
I'm not sure how much suffering is involved in receiving 198m for a single player, no matter how good he is.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I'm not sure how much suffering is involved in receiving 198m for a single player, no matter how good he is.
Prestige.

Their whole transfer strategy's alone are built on they are the pinnacle, and in the end the player will always want to go them (despite what the other club states or desires), and no player usually leaves unless they want them too.

Too see this happen to Barcelona this time, is indeed highly amusing.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Especially if they then go and pick up Coutinho for circa 80/90m. Nice little profit on the deal!
Old 02-08-2017, 12:17 PM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
I raise this often when players are compared with others. How good would Neymar Messi or Sanchez be in our team? Someone in office today was talking about Neymar going to PSG. Said they would have to but more top quality players to play alongside him. If that's the case then he's not all that. Put wilf in the Barcelona side and I believe he would run riot. The opposition couldn't afford to double up on him with Messi and Surrey to worry about. It's where England fail. They pick players from top 5 clubs ho look better than they are because of players around them. I know I played better ehen in a team with good players as opposed to average. Do you think Kame would be PL top scorer playing for us?
Suarez scored 30+ goals with service from a teenage Raheem Sterling, an ageing Stevie G and Joe Allen, and that's with spending the start of the season suspended for biting Ivanovic. No reason that he and the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar couldn't do similar for us imo.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:25 PM

Old 02-08-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
brazilians do tend to follow the money but from what it looks like this move is driven by two things, a) money, which says a lot about his character, and b) his desire to win the ballon d'or. He'll never win it. Why not? When Suarez, Messi and Ronny retire, Neymar will be in his peak. No reason he can't win it, besides a bigger talent emerging as there's no one better than Neymar currently other than the 3 aforementioned.He's behind Ronaldo, Messi and Suarez Also 5-7 years younger than those 3 players.and i would argue is comparable with someone like BaleThe last time Bale had a better season than Neymar was 2013-14, has lagged behind him since., Aguero, Crock.SanchezThere's a reason Barca sold him and replaced him with Neymar..

Last edited by CP-RJW; 02-08-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:58 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here

Wilf -> Barca
Old 02-08-2017, 01:24 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
so you're saying Neymar might win the ballon d'or when anyone who is half decent is too old. Doesn't that kind of sum him up then? Very very good player, but not truly one of the elite