Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-10-2013, 07:52 AM

Raggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
I think it's the McCanns Attitude and Persona that really grates People .
Why? Please elaborate. I am genuinely curious.
Old 14-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
He means the fact that they only weep in private.

Brits only like those who emote in public in this new GMTV world.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-10-2013, 08:11 AM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
The thing that bugs me about this case is how Maddy was removed from the Apartment without her screaming the Place down .
Was she Drugged or worse already dead ? Gut feeling tells me the former but by whom is anyones guess .
Think more than one person is responsible and the crime was carefully planned in advance again though it's just pure gut feeling based on the way she appears to have just Quietly vanished into thin air.
Given that the parents were doctors I'd imagine that she was probably given something to keep her asleep whilst they dined, something like phenergan possibly, so I guess that's how she could've been removed quietly. I suppose there is a chance that she was overdosed or had a reaction which would unfortunately point to your gut feeling. Or thirdly and probably the most disturbing is that it was planned and was it even possible that her parents were involved, wild speculation of course but like you I've never understood how she just vanished, no trace or remains if unfortunately she was dead.

I'd like to think people have learnt from this and wouldn't leave their kids alone anymore or certainly a higher percentage don't. I didn't realise it was quite a common thing to do before I became a parent. I hear stories 'yeah we used to do that and leave the monitor on' that's the one sad state of British culture. The one sight I enjoy most when visiting the med is the family culture. Dinner time isn't for adults it's for the whole family where families will get together eat, drink and be merry then be on their way.

Even though there have been, let's say non sympathetic post on here, I do think its aimed at the parents not just because they left Maddie alone that evening but more so their behaviour after. OK no one can really say how you'd behave if it was you in that situation but it did seem odd. Wasn't there some research done into the behaviour after?
Old 14-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Neil_Warnock
Do you really think they enjoy the limelight being on them?

I suppose it takes one to know one.

I see your 'best mate' has now taken to boring into submission another set of the football paying public. Send him my love.

Yes the McCann's were irresponsible that night, but they really don't deserve some of the nasty minded crap that so many throw at them. They've lost their daughter for Christ's sake. Of course they're going to use every avenue possible to find her, even if that means keeping her name alive in the media. What do you expect them to do? 'Oh well, shit happens. Let's just get on with our lives. It would be unfair anyway on all the other parents of missing kids if we kept going on about it.....and we wouldn't want to be seen as hogging the limelight.....'

I mean there are still people out there who believe they had something to do with it! Yes, these people walk among us.....scary.

I can only feel total sympathy for these parents. Regardless of how thoughtless they were leaving their kids alone like that, the agony and pure torture they must endure every single day I wouldn't wish on the most heinous human on this planet. And if that is not enough to give them support and refrain from snidey little insinuations, then what about Madeleine herself.....does she not deserve everything possible being done to find her?

With all the frivolous news stories and political spin rubbish we have to put up with daily in the media, is it really worth moaning about the injustice of this story being kept in the public's consciousness?

lol you idiot, even bringing that up in this thread, pathetic. And The reason reason I said yes is because it keeps the case and the search in the limelight and helps with the investigation.

But keep coming up with the personal insults for no reason
Old 14-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here

These are the photo fits
The Metropolitan Police have today released two new e-fit images, believed to be of the same man, seen in the Portuguese town of Praia da Luz at the time of Mad...eleine McCann's disappearance. The authorities want to question the suspect in the images, which were created from speaking to two people who were in the town on the night Madeleine vanished in 2007. Read the full story here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by waddoneagle; 14-10-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 14-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
He means the fact that they only weep in private.

Brits only like those who emote in public in this new GMTV world.
Is the correct answer. They are both medical professionals so their emotions are far more controlled that most - they have to be. The public hatred should be far more directed at people like the parents of Baby Peter and Shannon Matthews than two normal British parents who had a night out like hundreds of others at Mark Warner resorts.

As for the re-investigation - people should also understand a few basic and significant issues with the original investigation - such as no mobile telephone records being checked, no forensics being done until after the apartment had been relet, etc etc.

The McCanns are campaining for their kid just like Doreen Lawrence did for hers and many others do. Some cases catch the public eye more than others - that is a fact of life.

As for the thought that they are somehow smug or devious or not feeling remorse and sadness - I pity people who feel that way. Sure, they made a decision that turned out badly and when the door on the house closes they will certainly be haunted by that for ever if Maddie never turns up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 14-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
We agree 100%

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-10-2013, 08:17 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbo View Post
A post by someone from another forum I frequent really highlights just how disproportionate the use of time, media and financial resource is for this case.

It's pretty shameful for society and the media.

Not that Madeline get's too much, but that all the missing kids don't get just as much attention.

Open news.google.com and in a new window To view the link you have to Register or Login. Enter a missing child's name from missingkids.co.uk in the news.google.com search bar.

The three names presently on the To view the link you have to Register or Login homepage have no news results. Of the first ten on the /missing page ranked by most recent, only four have news results - three of those have one news result each (local news, not national) and the other has two. Of the first ten on the /missing page ranked by age, only one has any news results: Madeleine Mccann, 66,000.
But are you comparing like with like?

By which I mean, there's a big difference between a 4 year old disappearing from a bedroom in comparison to a teenager who has probably run away. Both would be listed as 'missing kids'.

I do appreciate your point and for the parents concerned both scenarios are devastating. But I can also see why the Mc Cann case is considerably more rare and draws more attention from the media and police.

I also think the British press/police get some mileage from implying that the Portuguese were incompetent and suggesting that the British equivalent would have done considerably better. There is an element of self promotion by the British counterparts.
Old 14-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Banned by Moderators

bouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Neil_Warnock
Do you really think they enjoy the limelight being on them?

I suppose it takes one to know one.

I see your 'best mate' has now taken to boring into submission another set of the football paying public. Send him my love.

Yes the McCann's were irresponsible that night, but they really don't deserve some of the nasty minded crap that so many throw at them. They've lost their daughter for Christ's sake. Of course they're going to use every avenue possible to find her, even if that means keeping her name alive in the media. What do you expect them to do? 'Oh well, shit happens. Let's just get on with our lives. It would be unfair anyway on all the other parents of missing kids if we kept going on about it.....and we wouldn't want to be seen as hogging the limelight.....'

I mean there are still people out there who believe they had something to do with it! Yes, these people walk among us.....scary.

I can only feel total sympathy for these parents. Regardless of how thoughtless they were leaving their kids alone like that, the agony and pure torture they must endure every single day I wouldn't wish on the most heinous human on this planet. And if that is not enough to give them support and refrain from snidey little insinuations, then what about Madeleine herself.....does she not deserve everything possible being done to find her?

With all the frivolous news stories and political spin rubbish we have to put up with daily in the media, is it really worth moaning about the injustice of this story being kept in the public's consciousness?
spot on.
Old 14-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Banned by Moderators

bouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screenbouveriestreet has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
******* hell. Some of you are right nasty *****.
Agreed, shocking lack of compassion.
Old 14-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
You'd think that if they did it and got away with it then they would have just let things quieten down a bit and gradually slip away into history, not maintain a high profile campaign and encourage forensic investigation by Scotland Yard? Unless people think they are trying to catch themselves perhaps, or it is all part of an amazing elaborate 6 year long bluff?
Old 14-10-2013, 08:27 AM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
Why? Please elaborate. I am genuinely curious.
They have shown little remorse or regret about leaving Madeleine and her fellow sibbling alone over several nights also when Questioned by the Portuguese police they have been inaccurate and evasive about timelines and trips back to check on the kids .Gerry McCann first claimed the Patio door was locked but later retracted that statement when the police pointed out the catch had been broken previously .
They have spent large amounts of money on Lawyers and PR defending themselves and claiming compensation from the British press (rumoured to have received 500.000 from various UK newspapers in libel payments)
Old 14-10-2013, 08:34 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Is it okay to be highly critical of the McCanns actions while they were on holiday and at the same time have tremendous sympathy towards them for the consequences of their actions?

Or do we have to be either fully in support of them or fully deride them?
Old 14-10-2013, 08:34 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Gerry McCann first claimed the Patio door was locked but later retracted that statement when the police pointed out the catch had been broken previously .
An irrelevance, seeing as the police also said that the window in Maddie's bedroom could be opened from the outside.
Old 14-10-2013, 08:39 AM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hull eagle View Post
I know these could of got there earlier but wasn't there traces of blood on the walls?
Could be mistaken.
I think the persona thing could do with what they have been advised to be like.. I doubt it and i agree with another post that the tapas 7 was and still are very quiet on the whole issue, in fact the others seem to have vanished from the issue altogether
The Cadaver Dogs found the smell of death in the Holiday Apartment/The later hired Apartment/hire car and on Madeleines teddy and clothes .
The McCann Lawyers put this down to Kate McCann having worked with 6 dead bodies in the weeks leading up to the holiday and that she often took the teddy into work .
Old 14-10-2013, 08:40 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Is it okay to be highly critical of the McCanns actions while they were on holiday and at the same time have tremendous sympathy towards them for the consequences of their actions?

We have to fully support them. They know between themselves that their ommissions allowed their daughter to be taken, unchallenged. That is enough punishment, and it is a punishment that is a life sentence, sadly. Public derision can only make it worse, without making anything better.
Old 14-10-2013, 08:42 AM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shame the same amount of money and time isn't dedicated to every other missing child/person case in the UK or Europe.
Old 14-10-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post

I think you can have sympathy towards them as well as point out their failings without being over Judgemental.
Old 14-10-2013, 08:45 AM
we are PALACE!

hull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
The Cadaver Dogs found the smell of death in the Holiday Apartment/The later hired Apartment/hire car and on Madeleines teddy and clothes .
The McCann Lawyers put this down to Kate McCann having worked with 6 dead bodies in the weeks leading up to the holiday and that she often took the teddy into work .
Oh yeah cos we all take our kids teddies into work with us especially when there are dead bodies concerned
Old 14-10-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
If Madelaine was murdered, there was too little time elapsing for dogs to smell the issues emanating from a cadaver in the holiday apartment.