Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 19-11-2013, 10:25 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Liverpool v Palace - 1979

I was there, for me this game put an end to the 'Team of the 80s' tag. Men against boys.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 19-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Despite the result it was great to see that first vid of the Leeds game. remember the team well and of course we were up against 'the' Leeds team. Tambling didn't play for us for long as I remember it but saw one of his first (if not his debut?) away at Coventry. Also saw 'the' Leeds team play there too. That was in the days when Leeds would trot onto the pitch and stand around the centre circle and wave to all 4 corners of the ground - typically to good applause wherever they were. They were a little special though. Perhaps that's what Palace should do against Hull - huh?

Cough, splutter.
Old 19-11-2013, 10:30 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Palace v Sheffield Wednesday - 1975

Who opened their lunch?
Old 19-11-2013, 10:36 AM
ár lá

This has to be here - Palace v Burnley - 1979

Cue James harping on about him being the only person to have had this footage. Wrong. I still have it on Betamax in storage.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 19-11-2013, 10:38 AM
ár lá

Palace v Man City - 1980

Whitehorse just a few terrace steps and a wooden fence.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 19-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Great defending there for Wednesday's goal.
Old 19-11-2013, 10:43 AM
ár lá

Brighton v Palace - 1980

Note loads of Palace in their stand behind the goal!

Who opened their lunch?
Old 19-11-2013, 10:45 AM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
Liverpool v Palace - 1979

I was there, for me this game put an end to the 'Team of the 80s' tag. Men against boys.

Two points:

1. Good old packed terracing - Check out the Kop after the goal at 5 mins.

2. Seems like it could have been 9-0, Liverpool looked very good.
Old 19-11-2013, 10:58 AM
ár lá

Palace v Forest - 1979

Rare mistake by Shilton and we won by the only goal. To me that was our last "Team of the 80's" game until the following week when Liverpool taught us a lesson in that footage above then we got battered by Brighton a few days later. ^^^^

I get pissed up with one of those Forest players twice a week now.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 19-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Remember that Forest game well really thought we were going onto greater things
Old 19-11-2013, 11:07 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Anyone got video action from White Hart Lane in the early ninties? I think Eddie McGoldrick scored in a 1-0 victory for us but my mind is cloudy. It was the first time I went to see Palace with a school friend and was on my own on the terrace as he was a Spurs fan.
Old 19-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Some great videos here

Cheers chocky
Old 19-11-2013, 12:05 PM
ár lá

Palace v Middlesbrough - 1979

Can only find this one goal, this was a 2-1 defeat after we had just beaten Fores the previous home game, then lost 3-0 at Liverpool and Brighton over Christmas when the wheels all started to come off. I was 16 and went to see Bad Manners and Madness at The Lyceum that night, nearly got battered by some Brighton skinheads on the train back from Victoria, they didn't even know my mate and me were Palace. Had they known I'm sure they wouldn't have changed their minds and gone and sat in a first class compartment instead just because one of them decided that I "wasn't a proper paki, just looked like a spic of some kind".

Who opened their lunch?
Old 19-11-2013, 12:10 PM
ár lá

Sorry I can't remember who took this film but he posted it in this forum, this has to go on here, great stuff.

Cine film of the ground and Palace v Notts County - 1979 (the week before Orient away then Burnley at home.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 19-11-2013, 12:19 PM
1st to Join the BBS

palacenut is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalacenut is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalacenut is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalacenut is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalacenut is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalacenut is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalacenut is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalacenut is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalacenut is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalacenut is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landpalacenut is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
There are loads of these videos spread about this forum why not have one thread for old clips and highlights.

Leeds away 1971, why are we wearing the away kit blue shirts when we could've worn the normal claret home shirt! We had an away shirt that clashed with our home shirts lol.

What a goal, Why can we not play like that now.
Old 19-11-2013, 12:24 PM
ár lá

Orient v Palace - 1979
Posted by James Mitchell
2nd half - goose bumps when watching the goal!

James also uploaded the post match interview with Kenny Sansom, Jim (the 'trannoy') Cannon and Dave Swindelhurst. Brian Moore laughing because Swndlehurst reckoned we'd get 45,000 for the Burnley game. Ray Bloye interviewed as well.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 19-11-2013, 12:34 PM
ár lá

Palace v Birmingham - 1984

Who opened their lunch?
Old 19-11-2013, 12:45 PM
ár lá

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Anyone got video action from White Hart Lane in the early ninties? I think Eddie McGoldrick scored in a 1-0 victory for us but my mind is cloudy. It was the first time I went to see Palace with a school friend and was on my own on the terrace as he was a Spurs fan.
I remember that win well, it was on a Sunday early kick off. But I can only find the game from the year after which I can't remember at all, when Eddie scored again but missed a penalty as well.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 19-11-2013, 12:49 PM
ár lá

Steve Coppell's first interview - 1984.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 19-11-2013, 12:50 PM
ár lá

Palace v Man Utd - 1971

Who opened their lunch?