Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 19-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Groundhopper

WestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rugby League World Cup

I wonder if any other Palace fans have been attending?

I've see three games so far in Bristol/Wigan and Warrington, and have tiks for the Semis at Wembley on Saturday.

I have to say that the Samoa v Fiji game on Sunday was one of the most enjoyable sporting events I've ever attended. Worth the admission money alone for the Samoa hakka and the Fiji hymn pre match!

The Halliwell Jones Stadium in Warrington 'should' be the blueprint for new football grounds, great rake on the terracing, 2 sides of seats, 2 of terracing, 15,500 capacity and a great atmosphere.

Sad that the media seem so obsessed with the RU autumn 'friendlies' !
Hop till you drop!
Old 20-11-2013, 06:43 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Love a good game of rugby league,but can't take this comp seriously.You have the Lancashire and Yorkshire playing Queensland and NSW when England and Australia play. Italy are madeup of Australians with Italian names half of whom have actually represented Australia. Same with the Pacific island countries. The USA playing league, really,
Old 20-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Groundhopper

WestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWestBerksPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Love a good game of rugby league,but can't take this comp seriously.You have the Lancashire and Yorkshire playing Queensland and NSW when England and Australia play. Italy are madeup of Australians with Italian names half of whom have actually represented Australia. Same with the Pacific island countries. The USA playing league, really,
Have you actually watched it though? You could talk all day about South Africans playing cricket for England, and Englishmen playing football for Ireland. At the end of the day, it's irrelavant, it's 13 against 13.

The games have been terrific, particularly when the minnows have played each other. Like Union though, realistically only 3 potential winnners, NZ (holders), Aus and England.

The committment and tackling from Samoa and Fiji on Sunday was a sight to behold. I'll never forget hardcore Warrington fans chanting en masse...

Whoaa Whoaa Samoaaa..... But Fiji were just too good on the day. I suspect Fiji will be well backed by the Wembley crowd against Australia, sadly they will probably fall well short though, as will England maybe against NZ.

Can't wait
Hop till you drop!
Old 20-11-2013, 05:07 PM

Lingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We are going on Saturday, it will be my first ever rugby league match and I'm really looking forward to it. Should be a great atmosphere, apparently over 63,000 tickets already sold. Hopefully more exciting than last nights visit to Wembley!
Old 20-11-2013, 05:22 PM

congress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Should be a cracking day what with all the Aussies and Kiwis from London in attendance as well.

I wish Palace would take over the London Broncos.As it stands, we have 6 players on the books for next season who have a trainer keeping them fit at a gym, no ground to play at next season confirmed yet and the fixtures have been released for the league which starts in February.

Palace actually knicked a lot of Broncos cheerleaders a few seasons back now.Who can forget Renee the Brazilian.
Old 20-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Bearded Member

Niceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I didnt realise there was another Broncos supporter on here Congress. I've had a season ticket for the past 6 years, but it's looking like its all over now with the administration announced.

Rugby League's a great sport, and I can't understand why it's not more popular down here.
Old 20-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Well nobody's perfect

northernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weed
Whenever I've been to Wembley for CC finals it's as a neutral with an anti Leeds bias. I have to say I shall be really up for it on Sat. We're pre match
drinking in the Falcon so I' m banking that the Clapham Junction-Wembley train won't be rammo.
Old 21-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Groundhopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceaction View Post
I didnt realise there was another Broncos supporter on here Congress. I've had a season ticket for the past 6 years, but it's looking like its all over now with the administration announced.

Rugby League's a great sport, and I can't understand why it's not more popular down here.
I'd go more regularly to Broncos if they didn't play at 3pm Saturdays!
Sadly, it looks like we might not have a Super League London club to follow next season
Hop till you drop!
Old 21-11-2013, 03:47 PM

Shipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceaction View Post

My youngest just has trials for the academy and was successful. He set his heart on getting selected and has worked his socks off. He was told they would start training soon but the chance of this happening seems to be disappearing rapidly. I think the u18’s have already had their training cancelled

The RFL and Broncos seemed to be arguing over funding but it now seems everybody is going to lose out.

It’s a real shame for my boy, and all the others, who have been involved in PDC, the Origin Series and been nominated for player of the year with the whole intention of playing for Broncos that this situation has arisen. It goes without saying that this also affects all playing and coaching staff as well.

The real sad thing for us is that unless he moves “up north” his rugby league career will be over before its even started.
Old 21-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Groundhopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipps@Palace View Post
My youngest just has trials for the academy and was successful. He set his heart on getting selected and has worked his socks off. He was told they would start training soon but the chance of this happening seems to be disappearing rapidly. I think the u18’s have already had their training cancelled

The RFL and Broncos seemed to be arguing over funding but it now seems everybody is going to lose out.

It’s a real shame for my boy, and all the others, who have been involved in PDC, the Origin Series and been nominated for player of the year with the whole intention of playing for Broncos that this situation has arisen. It goes without saying that this also affects all playing and coaching staff as well.

The real sad thing for us is that unless he moves “up north” his rugby league career will be over before its even started.
Well there is Hemel Hempstead and Oxford playing in the Championship. Not sure if either of these clubs has the infrastructure to nurture young ambitious players, but might be worth making some enquiries, I wonder?
Hop till you drop!
Old 21-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Groundhopper

And London Skolars of course....
Hop till you drop!
Old 21-11-2013, 04:17 PM

Shipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestBerksPalace View Post
Well there is Hemel Hempstead and Oxford playing in the Championship. Not sure if either of these clubs has the infrastructure to nurture young ambitious players, but might be worth making some enquiries, I wonder?

I guess the only problem for him is that they still havent told them officially that its not going to happen......in the bigger scheme they have more important things to sort out.

On a brighter note he's still got Palace (his first love) is ball boying at Wembley for the semis and will be going to the finals at OT
Old 21-11-2013, 04:20 PM

congress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
There are a few amateur clubs in the Surrey area if you boy wants to carry on playing but won't be academy standard.

With the Broncos it was down to the owner David Hughes and the idiot chief executive Gus Mackay. Hughes should have sacked him when he was getting no one through the door but it is also down to the team.Some of those player who were classed as professional were a disgrace especially the captain Tony Clubb.Never known a captain of the team come out half way through the season and say we are playing rubbish but exonerating himself from the blame.
I watched Clubb once when he was out injured and he was sitting near me in the stand.Every time I looked at him he was not even looking at the pitch and was checking his phone.
It is a great day out for families but looks like no more.
Old 21-11-2013, 04:28 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I've never played Rugby League but I do like to watch it, I'm guessing it's because I'm such a GAA fan. Lads hitting into each other and no mucking about it. It's great to watch. I couldn't tell you a single Irishman from our team but was supporting them.
What I've seen so far has been very enjoyable. It's going to be an Australia v New Zealand final isn't it?
Would love to see Fiji sneak it but can't see it happening. I love the way they commit to tackles. Banzai style.
Old 21-11-2013, 09:57 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestBerksPalace View Post
Have you actually watched it though? You could talk all day about South Africans playing cricket for England, and Englishmen playing football for Ireland. At the end of the day, it's irrelavant, it's 13 against 13.

The games have been terrific, particularly when the minnows have played each other. Like Union though, realistically only 3 potential winnners, NZ (holders), Aus and England.

The committment and tackling from Samoa and Fiji on Sunday was a sight to behold. I'll never forget hardcore Warrington fans chanting en masse...

Whoaa Whoaa Samoaaa..... But Fiji were just too good on the day. I suspect Fiji will be well backed by the Wembley crowd against Australia, sadly they will probably fall well short though, as will England maybe against NZ.

Can't wait
WBP .Yes mate have watched some although I struggle to get up and watch Palace at the time of morning it is on over here. I am not denying the enthusiasim or commitment or even the atmosphere at the games. I think it is a minority sport ,which I do like but being blown up to be something along with the WC or Olympics ,well that's the way some news outlets like to portray it here.
Old 21-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Bearded Member

Niceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's the opposite here Kylie. Barely a mention of it in mainstream press apart from when some pillock whacking Billy Slater. There has been some enthusiastic support in the grounds though, and the yanks were actually pretty good to watch.
Old 21-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Bearded Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
It's going to be an Australia v New Zealand final isn't it?
Would love to see Fiji sneak it but can't see it happening. I love the way they commit to tackles. Banzai style.
Yeah, pretty much guaranteed to be Aus v NZ. Fiji will go down by 25+ points I think, and England will go down by a couple of scores.
Old 23-11-2013, 02:32 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Not a great fan of RL but the England - New Zealand is a good match to watch.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
"Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan."
Old 23-11-2013, 02:54 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
England beaten with last move of the match, really didn't deserve to lose.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
"Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan."
Old 23-11-2013, 02:56 PM

Gutted for the second time today