Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 20-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
Damian Martin
I think you mean Damian Matthew.
Old 20-11-2013, 06:26 PM

leicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Iv'e just had a look at our season 1993/94.....great season for us....seems us and Palace may have had similar attendances 16-1800........this season ended with our 1st ever win at Wembley beating Rivals Derby 2-1 in the play off final....
Old 20-11-2013, 06:31 PM
On the learning curve

MENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Judging by your username, this was the thread you were waiting for!

I've joked about it on here before, but I always remember When Nigel Martyn was asked about what effect the newly appointed Smith had had on the squad, and he said something about him having some flowers planted around the dressing rooms!
Well it wouldnt have been football related if Smith is involved.
Interesting that his coaching staff included Dave Kemp (Could he return if Pulis comes in)
Old 20-11-2013, 06:35 PM

Gobsy88 belongs to OllieGobsy88 belongs to OllieGobsy88 belongs to OllieGobsy88 belongs to OllieGobsy88 belongs to OllieGobsy88 belongs to OllieGobsy88 belongs to OllieGobsy88 belongs to OllieGobsy88 belongs to OllieGobsy88 belongs to OllieGobsy88 belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENTALLY TOUGH View Post
Well it wouldnt have been football related if Smith is involved.
Interesting that his coaching staff included Dave Kemp (Could he return if Pulis comes in)
Dave Kemp would almost certainly return if Tony gets the job. He was still our assistant in 94/95 too, so has experience of Palace in the Premier League (and two cup semi-finals!).
Old 20-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
What about Steve Harrison?
Old 20-11-2013, 07:05 PM
On the learning curve

MENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMENTALLY TOUGH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
What about Steve Harrison?
Was he around all season? I know he went to Wolves when Graham Taylor was manager.
I know he had gone by the start of the following season.
Old 20-11-2013, 07:50 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think you mean Damian Matthew.
That's the one thanks
Old 21-11-2013, 08:43 AM
pdemeagle @eaglism

eaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks for all that everyone, much appreciated

Proud of the lads that saved us in 2010/11 and of the Lads who brought us up 2012/13 and then kept us in the PL in 2013/14, at last !

Honestly never thought I'd see a CPFC win at Old Trafford in my Lifetime, I will always remember Manchester United 1-2 Crystal Palace on 30/11/11, not to mention Dazzas Goal :D
Old 21-11-2013, 09:13 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by leicester1 View Post
Iv'e just had a look at our season 1993/94.....great season for us....seems us and Palace may have had similar attendances 16-1800........this season ended with our 1st ever win at Wembley beating Rivals Derby 2-1 in the play off final....
The turning point that convinced me we were capable of going all the way was the home game against your lot. If I am correct it was Stewarts debut, we had gone top and were walking it then blew up a little loss against Notts County , then Wolves in the Cup and League I think it was looking a little like a struggle. Stewart arrived looking a tad overweight in time for the game against you. I have the feeling you were up there pushing for the top spot. The rest is history Stewart was the missing piece in the jigsaw. I can remember a loss against Sunderland away that was beamed back to Crystals with the commentating team trying to kid everyone they were there when all they were doing was commentating on the pictures. We went up without even playing, which was a shame it would of been great to have cheered the boys to the important point. My own view a win at Portsmouth (also some horrible racist abuse to Shaw that game which the police and stewards ignored despite complaints from the Palace fans) I forget though I think it was a 1-0 win, the results were coming in whilst waiting for the train and nearly everyone of the teams around us lost or drew, that was the time I knew we would make it.
Old 21-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Pokemon Trainer

We went one down to Leicester, Andy Thompson I think scored for them? Armstrong scored one of ours but I can't remember the other scorer.
Old 21-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
We went one down to Leicester, Andy Thompson I think scored for them? Armstrong scored one of ours but I can't remember the other scorer.
Neil Thompson deflected free kick put Leicester ahead, looping over Martyn
Coleman scored from a set piece and he volleyed high into the Holmesdale, then Armstrong scored a goal 5-10 min from time as his initial effort came of the post. Sure that game saw Paul Stewart's debut on loan from Liverpool.
Old 21-11-2013, 11:03 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Fantastic pitch invasion afterwards though.
I was the first one on the pitch. The stewards were trying to hold back the mob with a rope at the front of the Holmesdale when I heard a whistle that I assumed was the end of the game. I ducked under and off I went, only to realise that the match was still going on. I didn't have a clue where to run and dallied on the edge of the box feeling a bit sheepish, when thankfully the ref blew for time and then everyone else steamed on.

There was a mass kickabout on the pitch afterwards which not even the water sprinkers could dampen. And watching people carrying advertising hoardings and all sorts of Holmesdale paraphernalia down Norwood High Street that evening was a very bizarre sight.
Old 21-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I was the first one on the pitch. The stewards were trying to hold back the mob with a rope at the front of the Holmesdale when I heard a whistle that I assumed was the end of the game. I ducked under and off I went, only to realise that the match was still going on. I didn't have a clue where to run and dallied on the edge of the box feeling a bit sheepish, when thankfully the ref blew for time and then everyone else steamed on.

There was a mass kickabout on the pitch afterwards which not even the water sprinkers could dampen. And watching people carrying advertising hoardings and all sorts of Holmesdale paraphernalia down Norwood High Street that evening was a very bizarre sight.
Ha, you trouble maker! I'd forgotten about the bit of rope but I remember that vividly now!

From what I remember, they were on the tannoy saying get off the pitch or the players won't come out for a lap of honour. So everyone got off the pitch, only for the players to emerge & everyone piled back on the pitch with the players legging it back off!
Old 21-11-2013, 11:40 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I lost a tenner on the pitch that day too.
Old 21-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I lost a tenner on the pitch that day too.
Old 21-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murray
I left straight after the Watford game. To my mind the whole thing was a stage managed anti-climax.

But then again, I was there in '79 and '89.
Old 21-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
10 games on a Sunday that campaign.
One was Tranmere away, we won 1 - 0 with Paul Williams scoring. Tranmere were top at the time and this win took us top and we were there for the rest of the season
Old 21-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Stark Raving Normal

Bangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Shittest game of the season - Millwall
I'll go with Notts County away where we blew a 2 - 0 lead.

But a season where the good by far outweighed the dross. So many good times, torrential Oxford rain, over half of Roots Hall full of Palace, Pompey and Forest away, Deano rocket, Coco Pops header from outside the box versus Bristol City in the snow. Great memories.
Old 21-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok Eagle View Post
I'll go with Notts County away where we blew a 2 - 0 lead.

But a season where the good by far outweighed the dross. So many good times, torrential Oxford rain, over half of Roots Hall full of Palace, Pompey and Forest away, Deano rocket, Coco Pops header from outside the box versus Bristol City in the snow. Great memories.
The county game was a disappointment - it looked like we were going to destroy them in the first half. Nice seats in a nice new stand too. But it was at least entertaining - unlike the Millwall debacle!
Old 21-11-2013, 04:53 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Oxford away on what was the boxing day fixture was brilliant.

Someone had the idea that there woulod be no sales in advance and it would be pay on the day only. Oxford were getting crowds of aboyr 5.5k-6k in their league games at the time and Palace took close to 10k there that day if i remember rightly. People were watching from up trees, they were shifting oxford fans around to try and open up more sections for Palace fans to get in as thousands were outside.
GG do you mean we took their crowd up to 10 k or we took 10k lol.