Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 21-11-2013, 04:55 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Got to best away season following palace though 89 was brilliant too.
Was on pitch at forest with one of our players was shouting 'get off pitch lads before your nicked'!.
Old 21-11-2013, 04:56 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Laugh it up all you like gilesy14, but I've used an online interest calculator and according to my sums you now owe me 16.85. We'll call it a handful of pints of Guinness with your uncle and ADE in the not too distant.
Old 21-11-2013, 04:58 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
But it was at least entertaining - unlike the Millwall debacle!
I swerved double bubble pay at work to go to this match. Millwall fans afterwards were both gracious & charming in victory though, which made things a bit better.

Old 21-11-2013, 04:59 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Laugh it up all you like gilesy14, but I've used an online interest calculator and according to my sums you now owe me 16.85. We'll call it a handful of pints of Guinness with your uncle and ADE in the not too distant.
surely got to be rounded off at a 20 note?.
Old 21-11-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
surely got to be rounded off at a 20 note?.
Baddabing as well as pints? Like Croydon's version of Tony Montana. Deal. May God help the pub we go to.

Old 21-11-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Baddabing as well as pints? Like Croydon's version of Tony Montana. Deal. May God help the pub we go to.

Old 21-11-2013, 11:17 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

That looks like a quiet Tuesday in Elliots in Purley, with 'Heartbeat' on the TV.
"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 21-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Burbs Palace

Typical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Shittest game of the season - Millwall away. Was that the year that we were totally schooled by Etienne Verveer?
And the Wallers nicely told us they had 'the best n***** on the pitch' outside afterwards.
Old 22-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Wash n' gone

Thin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by milky87 View Post
One was Tranmere away, we won 1 - 0 with Paul Williams scoring. Tranmere were top at the time and this win took us top and we were there for the rest of the season
to the tune of "we're the christmas number 1" from the away stand.
Old 22-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
I swerved double bubble pay at work to go to this match. Millwall fans afterwards were both gracious & charming in victory though, which made things a bit better.

Yes, they didn't hurl the stones from the railway line embankment as vigorously as in previous years.
Old 22-11-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typical Palace View Post
And the Wallers nicely told us they had 'the best n***** on the pitch' outside afterwards.

Whenever I think of this match I always have this song in mind. What a charming bunch.
Old 22-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sounds like a decent compromise...I was gonna to offer you the medium boys ribero shirt initially.
Old 22-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
"It was twenty years ago today"....
22 January 1994 and the debut of (no, not Sgt Pepper) Fat Bloke himself, Paul Stewart who, from memory scored in a 2-1 win at home to Leicester in which we came from behind (?). The final (rather large) piece of the jigsaw of that Championship year.
Old 22-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
"It was twenty years ago today"....
22 January 1994 and the debut of (no, not Sgt Pepper) Fat Bloke himself, Paul Stewart who, from memory scored in a 2-1 win at home to Leicester in which we came from behind (?). The final (rather large) piece of the jigsaw of that Championship year.
I don't know if anyone watches Eastbound and Down, but I'm quite sure some of Kenny Powers' character is loosely based on the exploits of Paul Stewart at Palace.
Old 22-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Stewart didn't score against Leicester... Pretty sure his first goal was a 3rd minute effort when we beat WBA 1-0?
Old 22-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin on Top View Post
to the tune of "we're the christmas number 1" from the away stand.
That was pure class and possibly the best away day all season other than 'Boro of course.
Old 22-01-2014, 03:17 PM

Flapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
My first season ticket that year, 70 as a 15-16 year old, only to see it rise to over 200 the next season (which I couldn't afford).
I'll never forget Deano's goal against Derby last kick of the game from nearly 40 yards swerving both ways, the next game (Grimsby away I think) we kept shouting shoot whenever he got it and he duely missed by miles every time!
Oxford away singing "We are top of the trees", laughing instead of cheering when the players were read out because they were so obviously too good for the league, and of course the last stand and pitch invasion.
Very fond memories.
Old 22-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Stewart didn't score against Leicester... Pretty sure his first goal was a 3rd minute effort when we beat WBA 1-0?
Yep sure thats correct. Armstrong hit a low shot that the keeper could only parry, and Stewart had an open net in front of the White Horse. Poor game, but results were all important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapping Eagle View Post
My first season ticket that year, 70 as a 15-16 year old, only to see it rise to over 200 the next season (which I couldn't afford)..
Yep your not alone, I remember being 15 in 94/95 and paying 18 ish a game in the Premier. Think the costs were purely based on the restricted Selhurst whilst the Holmesdale stand was built. At the time I was gutted, at my ST in 93/94 worked out at 3 a game

Last edited by jaspercpfc; 22-01-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:38 AM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
"It was twenty years ago today.."
5 February 1994. v Derby County.
0-1 down in stoppage time.
......DEANO!!!
As Chris Kamara might have said if he saw what remains one of the best goals ever scored at Selhurst....UNBELIEVEABLE!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:59 AM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
"It was twenty years ago today.."
5 February 1994. v Derby County.
0-1 down in stoppage time.
......DEANO!!!
As Chris Kamara might have said if he saw what remains one of the best goals ever scored at Selhurst....UNBELIEVEABLE!

Was just making my way out of the Arthur at the exit between that and the Sainsburys. We were trying to get back in the game so although people were making their way towards the exits, no one was actually leaving. Just seemed like it was one of those days where it just wasn't gonna happen. Anyway, by moving towards that exit at that time it was the perfect place to have watched that thunderbolt almost take the goal off the floor! We went mental!!!!!