Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 23-07-2002, 05:04 PM

Lucky Steve is playing for a contract
Paul Mortimer

Does anyone remember a former Palace player called Paul Mortimer, A lady at work know's him and it's her claim to fame.
Old 23-07-2002, 05:07 PM
The fat old footballer

palace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
yeah he was one of the not so good players in the early nineties. He wasn't at the club for long (i don't think)
Old 23-07-2002, 05:17 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
He was highly rated at Clowntown before we had him but he was absolute sh**e in a Palace shirt and apart from 1 goal against QPR he achieved nothing.
Old 23-07-2002, 05:19 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
He wanted to deck me when i was 16 for coming onto his wife, mind you she did not seem to mind!
Old 23-07-2002, 05:24 PM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think I remember him and Rob Lee being a well thought of midfield for Charlton. We got the wrong one for a change. Via Villa? See, to remember us getting stuffed on that deal as well but I can't remember the details!!
Old 23-07-2002, 05:28 PM

Norm knows where the wild roses growNorm knows where the wild roses growNorm knows where the wild roses growNorm knows where the wild roses growNorm knows where the wild roses growNorm knows where the wild roses growNorm knows where the wild roses growNorm knows where the wild roses growNorm knows where the wild roses growNorm knows where the wild roses growNorm knows where the wild roses grow
he was at Bristol City last played a few good games (great passer) but got injured and was let go on a free think he is on the free agents list now
Old 23-07-2002, 05:48 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember Coppell's comment on his programme page the week he bought him:

"We have been in desperate need of someone to fill that left hole all season. Neither Stan Collymore or Chris Coleman has looked really comfortable there. So I looked in my Rothmans Football Yearbook and noticed Paul Mortimer was having a bit of a bad time at Aston Villa. I phoned Ron Atkinson and I must say he gave me a fair amount of encouragement."

This was one of Steve's biggest mistakes, buying a player on the strength of an entrie in Rothmans and the advice of one of his ex managers. The only reason Fat Ron gave him encouragement is because he knew that no-one else who had seen this useless donkey play would offer 50,000 for him, let alone allow Fat Ron to recoup the 500,000 he paid Charlton for him!

One of the most clueless and disinterested players ever to disgrace the Red and Blue.
Old 23-07-2002, 05:49 PM

Norbury Eagle is playing for a contract
I remember him occasionally being in the team in the late eighties. Showed some nice touches and passes but wasn't really up to it.
Old 23-07-2002, 05:53 PM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Was on a nice fat contract and if I remember rightly, he was quite content to sit in the reserves and pick up his money at the end of the week (a la Hopkin).

Old 23-07-2002, 05:54 PM
Religion... and then some

GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD
Re: Paul Mortimer

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Steve
Does anyone remember a former Palace player called Paul Mortimer, A lady at work know's him and it's her claim to fame.
Yes, I'm affraid I do
Old 23-07-2002, 06:00 PM

Skin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Had a tendency for his corners to hit the side netting a lot, to be fair I think Coppell reliased his mistake very early and once Salako was fit from a really bad injury Mortimer was rarely in the team again. Sadly Salako did his knee in and missed virtully all of 91/92 (a much bigger loss than Wright IMHO) and we had to suffer Mortimer though a lot of 91/92. Highlight of his Palace career was putting us 1-0 up against Manure that season (we went on to lose 1-3).

My memories getting really bad and I can't remember who played down the left in 92/93 (Salako reacurred his injury and was out for another year) I'm sure by then Coppell had reliased how crap Mortimer was and got shot him possibly back to the Clowns for about half of what we paid for him. But as I said my memories crap and I could be wrong.

The moral of this story: never buy anything off pikies it'll always end in tears.
Old 23-07-2002, 06:03 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Skin Up

My memories getting really bad and I can't remember who played down the left in 92/93 (Salako reacurred his injury and was out for another year) I'm sure by then Coppell had reliased how crap Mortimer was and got shot him possibly back to the Clowns for about half of what we paid for him. But as I said my memories crap and I could be wrong.

The moral of this story: never buy anything off pikies it'll always end in tears.
I dunno, IMHO John Humphrey was probably the best right back we ever had and he was bought from the pikeys.

Mortimer lost his place when Rodger and later Ndah emerged, and he never won it back.
Old 23-07-2002, 06:12 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Re: Paul Mortimer

Mortimer was rubbish. Notable only for having the longest forearms I can remember seeing on a player.
Old 23-07-2002, 06:20 PM

Rob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsRob W is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Didn't he reappear for the 1st half of one of the cup games at Selhurst. I sure he didn't play too badly - or is my memory getting bad.

I remember smiff telling us at a fans forum that he was on a really fat contract and just happy to sit it out.

Can't blame him really.
Old 23-07-2002, 06:22 PM

Lucky Steve is playing for a contract
any pictures
Old 23-07-2002, 06:29 PM

markholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally posted by 917L
He was highly rated at Clowntown before we had him but he was absolute sh**e in a Palace shirt and apart from 1 goal against QPR he achieved nothing.
don't you mean the looping header at meadow lane to complete a three - two palace victory? A superb header, judging it over the stranded keeper

Simon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situations
Quote:
Originally posted by Skin Up
Had a tendency for his corners to hit the side netting a lot, to be fair I think Coppell reliased his mistake very early and once Salako was fit from a really bad injury Mortimer was rarely in the team again. Sadly Salako did his knee in and missed virtully all of 91/92 (a much bigger loss than Wright IMHO) and we had to suffer Mortimer though a lot of 91/92. Highlight of his Palace career was putting us 1-0 up against Manure that season (we went on to lose 1-3).
wrong.

I remember that match so well. Ryan Giggs turned 18, I think.
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Re: Re: Paul Mortimer

Quote:
Originally posted by DANGERMOUSE
Notable only for having the longest forearms I can remember seeing on a player.
Sorry, I was thinking of Alex ...?
Old 23-07-2002, 06:30 PM

markholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob W
Didn't he reappear for the 1st half of one of the cup games at Selhurst. I sure he didn't play too badly - or is my memory getting bad.
Everton at home in 93/94 coca cola cup. Score 4-1 everton!
Old 23-07-2002, 06:32 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Originally posted by markholmes1991

Everton at home in 93/94 coca cola cup. Score 4-1 everton!
I seem to remember his every touch being booed....