Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 18-02-2011, 09:30 PM

markholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses grow
everything in this pic sums up Mortimers time at Selhurst, the guy was a failure.

Although having visited this thread after many years, and read psychokillers post about the rothman’s book is somewhat surprising.

Old 18-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by markholmes1991
everything in this pic sums up Mortimers time at Selhurst, the guy was a failure.

Although having visited this thread after many years, and read psychokillers post about the rothman’s book is somewhat surprising.

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 18-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
I remember him having ONE good game for us - away to QPR in a midweek game, probably in one of the cups.

He might have even scored. I seem to remember him curling in a free kick beautifully either as a cross or a shot. I think he played on the other wing for a change, and looked a completely different player.

Was woeful the rest of the time.
Old 18-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Burbs Palace

Typical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One of a troop of ex-Palace at the 'Dicks... Damien Matthew, Chris Powell and Mortimer
Old 19-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Pant wetting Mavis

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Would I be right in thinking we played him on the left wing and Lee Sinnott at left back ? Blimey those two wouldnt have got a game this season....
Old 19-02-2011, 09:40 AM

RuBuBu Blarbly can take a ladder to the shadows and forget RuBuBu Blarbly can take a ladder to the shadows and forget RuBuBu Blarbly can take a ladder to the shadows and forget RuBuBu Blarbly can take a ladder to the shadows and forget RuBuBu Blarbly can take a ladder to the shadows and forget RuBuBu Blarbly can take a ladder to the shadows and forget RuBuBu Blarbly can take a ladder to the shadows and forget RuBuBu Blarbly can take a ladder to the shadows and forget RuBuBu Blarbly can take a ladder to the shadows and forget RuBuBu Blarbly can take a ladder to the shadows and forget RuBuBu Blarbly can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
He has an amazing name. Also, I met him once - he was a really nice bloke. He remembered our meeting and sent me an Xmas gift (a signed programme).

I was quite young at the time though so don't remember much about his playing prowess.
Old 19-02-2011, 09:53 AM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He was one of several players we've been linked with over the years who I prayed we wouldn't buy, but of course we did and all my fears were realised. I seem to remember him scoring with a long looping header in an away game, though (Oldham?). Very left footed and quite skilful but without much drive.

Last edited by Panther; 19-02-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 19-02-2011, 02:12 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
genuinly nice fella, he's a regular customer of mine in every few months getting his son's bike fixed

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 19-02-2011, 02:30 PM

markholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
I seem to remember him scoring with a long looping header in an away game, though (Oldham?). Very left footed and quite skilful but without much drive.
Think that may have been away to Notts County, where we came from 2-0 down to win 3-2. Martyn made a terrific penalty save from Mark Draper. All bus sealed county's fate from what was then the "first division"
Old 19-02-2011, 04:16 PM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I had forgotten all about Paul Mortimer playing for Palace - and I think this thread has reminded me why. I must have a selective memory.

I remember other rubbish left siders we had back then... Burke, Barber... perhaps because at least they tried their hardest. Plus those two Welsh internationals... Paul Boden and Glyn Hodges who at least had ability, just didn't fit into the side well.
Old 19-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Think that may have been away to Notts County, where we came from 2-0 down to win 3-2. Martyn made a terrific penalty save from Mark Draper. All bus sealed county's fate from what was then the "first division"
Mark Bright scored with a lovely volley in that game. Was the last time I stood on the old terrace there. A rare entertaining game in what was a dour season.
Old 19-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Let's just say it now... Paul Mortimer was f***ing awful.

The only thing I actually remember of him was the header to put us 1 up at home against United. We then got raped for the rest of that game. Everything else about him including the County goal was from the season review video.
Old 27-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My fondest memory is when he crossed the ball out of the ground. Took some doing but he pulled it off superbly.
Old 27-03-2011, 03:52 PM

cartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Was known in my family as Rigor Mortimer...tells it's own story!
Old 27-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Halle Berry or Hallelujah

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Ordinary player to say the least
Horrible day. Don't even know why I went, after the home game 'experience.' Will not visit SE25 again. With others as a 'guest' in their antiquated main stand. Constant abuse, intimidating each time we scored. Never been so pleased to lose.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:39 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
I remember that game, was in a shitty stand with a black wall for a toilet, drinking smuggled in scotch mixed with their finest Panda Pop cola. I think that was possibly the worst run down pisshole of a ground of the 78 I've ever been to. One end was just a fecking old brick wall.

'Cheesy' Mortimer made that day.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 02-04-2011, 10:58 AM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My memories getting really bad and I can't remember who played down the left in 92/93 (Salako reacurred his injury and was out for another year) I'm sure by then Coppell had reliased how crap Mortimer was and got shot him possibly back to the Clowns for about half of what we paid for him. But as I said my memories crap and I could be wrong.

The moral of this story: never buy anything off pikies it'll always end in
tears.

Was McGoldrick down the left then?
Old 02-04-2011, 11:18 AM

Will S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Brilliant for our local rivals, rubbish for us. Once in every generation we do this - see Anton Otulakowski (from Millwall) and Paul Williams for more of the same. Though in fairness, we have palmed off a few duds in the opposite direction over the years.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S
Brilliant for our local rivals, rubbish for us. Once in every generation we do this - see Anton Otulakowski (from Millwall) and Paul Williams for more of the same. Though in fairness, we have palmed off a few duds in the opposite direction over the years.
Alex Dyer! (well not local but...)
Old 02-04-2011, 12:15 PM

Corporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCorporal Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S
Otulakowski scored from a decent free kick against the knuckledraggers. In off the post in front of the Holmesdale.