Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 02-04-2011, 12:34 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S
Brilliant for our local rivals, rubbish for us. Once in every generation we do this - see Anton Otulakowski (from Millwall) and Paul Williams for more of the same. Though in fairness, we have palmed off a few duds in the opposite direction over the years.
Anton was ok for us, just injury prone and only played 12 times. Williams was poor though.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:31 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky
I remember that game, was in a shitty stand with a black wall for a toilet, drinking smuggled in scotch mixed with their finest Panda Pop cola. I think that was possibly the worst run down pisshole of a ground of the 78 I've ever been to. One end was just a fecking old brick wall.

'Cheesy' Mortimer made that day.
Goals from that Notts County game even though it's labelled wrongly as a home match:

Who opened their lunch?
Old 04-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky
Goals from that Notts County game even though it's labelled wrongly as a home match:

I was up near the top somewhere in that bunch of people going nuts after our 2nd went in.

I liked those days when there was loads of room on the terrace. You could do that kind of 'jump down a step, jump back up a step' celebration, aggressively waving your arm up and down without hitting anyone. And for very special occasions, the 'run about 20 feet down to the front to exchange profane verbal expressions of joy with the goalscorer', like the midweek Leeds win/Madden penalty game.
Old 29-01-2018, 08:27 AM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Mortimer was on Talksport 2 last night with Ray Stubbs.
Came across really well as a person. Couple of bits:

He never wanted to join Palace and made that clear to Coppell and his then Villa boss Atkinson (he constantly referred to us as a long ball team which wouldn't suit him)

Mortimer was sat eating in a restaurant when Coppell rang through to reception to say "I want you to sign for Palace" Mortimer said "you're a long ball merchant" and Coppell suggested that was all going to change with the arrivals of Gabbiadini & co. Mortimer then put the phone down on him before Atkinson called him up saying "you're going"

One story from the Mitcham training ground. The players were training, and out of nowhere in the distance a car came rolling down the back of the training ground and proceeded to blow up.

Eric Young on the first day of training said to Mortimer "what are you doing here" implying he wasn't good enough

Had differences with Sir Steve on a few matters, and feels he should have had more game time

He admitted he perhaps could and should have been mentally stronger at both Villa/Palace.
Old 29-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Mortimer was on Talksport 2 last night with Ray Stubbs.
Came across really well as a person. Couple of bits:

He never wanted to join Palace and made that clear to Coppell and his then Villa boss Atkinson (he constantly referred to us as a long ball team which wouldn't suit him)

Mortimer was sat eating in a restaurant when Coppell rang through to reception to say "I want you to sign for Palace" Mortimer said "you're a long ball merchant" and Coppell suggested that was all going to change with the arrivals of Gabbiadini & co. Mortimer then put the phone down on him before Atkinson called him up saying "you're going"

One story from the Mitcham training ground. The players were training, and out of nowhere in the distance a car came rolling down the back of the training ground and proceeded to blow up.

Eric Young on the first day of training said to Mortimer "what are you doing here" implying he wasn't good enough

Had differences with Sir Steve on a few matters, and feels he should have had more game time

He admitted he perhaps could and should have been mentally stronger at both Villa/Palace.
Well that post was a good one

The thread reminded me of Dennis Mortimer, also at Villa and the sort of player that even now might boost our midfield (if time travelled, not at 65!). From memory he really didn't like Palace - must be a Mortimer thing.
Old 29-01-2018, 01:11 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Well that post was a good one

The thread reminded me of Dennis Mortimer, also at Villa and the sort of player that even now might boost our midfield (if time travelled, not at 65!). From memory he really didn't like Palace - must be a Mortimer thing.
Dennis Mortimer was a proper player, great captain for Villa in their last glory years. Reckon his beard was a big influence on Jedi