Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 02-04-2011, 12:34 PM
SA Eagle's Avatar
SA Eagle SA Eagle is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Here, There, Every*******where
Age: 47
Posts: 6,849
Rep Power: 21474851
SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S
Brilliant for our local rivals, rubbish for us. Once in every generation we do this - see Anton Otulakowski (from Millwall) and Paul Williams for more of the same. Though in fairness, we have palmed off a few duds in the opposite direction over the years.
Anton was ok for us, just injury prone and only played 12 times. Williams was poor though.
__________________
As you type you don't realise that you are crying until you feel and see the tears on your hands.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Chocky's Avatar
Chocky Chocky is offline
ár lá
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Mijas Costa
Posts: 19,825
Rep Power: 21474856
Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky
I remember that game, was in a shitty stand with a black wall for a toilet, drinking smuggled in scotch mixed with their finest Panda Pop cola. I think that was possibly the worst run down pisshole of a ground of the 78 I've ever been to. One end was just a fecking old brick wall.

'Cheesy' Mortimer made that day.
Goals from that Notts County game even though it's labelled wrongly as a home match:

__________________
Málaga CF International Supporters' Club

Who opened their lunch?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Vince Hilaire's Afro's Avatar
Vince Hilaire's Afro Vince Hilaire's Afro is online now
Benevolence personified
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Monroe, North Carolina
Age: 45
Posts: 32,542
Rep Power: 21468170
Vince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVince Hilaire's Afro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky
Goals from that Notts County game even though it's labelled wrongly as a home match:

I was up near the top somewhere in that bunch of people going nuts after our 2nd went in.

I liked those days when there was loads of room on the terrace. You could do that kind of 'jump down a step, jump back up a step' celebration, aggressively waving your arm up and down without hitting anyone. And for very special occasions, the 'run about 20 feet down to the front to exchange profane verbal expressions of joy with the goalscorer', like the midweek Leeds win/Madden penalty game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Forgive me if I ignore your pork based recommendations in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 29-01-2018, 08:27 AM
jaspercpfc's Avatar
jaspercpfc jaspercpfc is offline
Not again Wayne
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,264
Rep Power: 21474843
jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Mortimer was on Talksport 2 last night with Ray Stubbs.
Came across really well as a person. Couple of bits:

He never wanted to join Palace and made that clear to Coppell and his then Villa boss Atkinson (he constantly referred to us as a long ball team which wouldn't suit him)

Mortimer was sat eating in a restaurant when Coppell rang through to reception to say "I want you to sign for Palace" Mortimer said "you're a long ball merchant" and Coppell suggested that was all going to change with the arrivals of Gabbiadini & co. Mortimer then put the phone down on him before Atkinson called him up saying "you're going"

One story from the Mitcham training ground. The players were training, and out of nowhere in the distance a car came rolling down the back of the training ground and proceeded to blow up.

Eric Young on the first day of training said to Mortimer "what are you doing here" implying he wasn't good enough

Had differences with Sir Steve on a few matters, and feels he should have had more game time

He admitted he perhaps could and should have been mentally stronger at both Villa/Palace.
__________________
People talk about the prestige of beating records but prestige never bought me dinner in a restaurant. It's winning games that does that. - Sir Steve Coppell
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 29-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Martin H's Avatar
Martin H Martin H is offline
Wondering why it matters!
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Wakefield but no longer New York
Posts: 15,309
Rep Power: 21474856
Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Mortimer was on Talksport 2 last night with Ray Stubbs.
Came across really well as a person. Couple of bits:

He never wanted to join Palace and made that clear to Coppell and his then Villa boss Atkinson (he constantly referred to us as a long ball team which wouldn't suit him)

Mortimer was sat eating in a restaurant when Coppell rang through to reception to say "I want you to sign for Palace" Mortimer said "you're a long ball merchant" and Coppell suggested that was all going to change with the arrivals of Gabbiadini & co. Mortimer then put the phone down on him before Atkinson called him up saying "you're going"

One story from the Mitcham training ground. The players were training, and out of nowhere in the distance a car came rolling down the back of the training ground and proceeded to blow up.

Eric Young on the first day of training said to Mortimer "what are you doing here" implying he wasn't good enough

Had differences with Sir Steve on a few matters, and feels he should have had more game time

He admitted he perhaps could and should have been mentally stronger at both Villa/Palace.
Well that post was a good one

The thread reminded me of Dennis Mortimer, also at Villa and the sort of player that even now might boost our midfield (if time travelled, not at 65!). From memory he really didn't like Palace - must be a Mortimer thing.
__________________
Palace MUST rise again! Hmmm, gosh they already did. Never mind, leave it for next time!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 29-01-2018, 01:11 PM
Jim Cannon's Avatar
Jim Cannon Jim Cannon is online now
I DON'T look like SJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wapping
Age: 48
Posts: 45,141
Rep Power: 21474851
Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Well that post was a good one

The thread reminded me of Dennis Mortimer, also at Villa and the sort of player that even now might boost our midfield (if time travelled, not at 65!). From memory he really didn't like Palace - must be a Mortimer thing.
Dennis Mortimer was a proper player, great captain for Villa in their last glory years. Reckon his beard was a big influence on Jedi
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.