Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:31 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betray
A thread for the believers (part 2 - the Premier League)

Time for a kick-start.....
Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
As Dave says. New threads are free - use them.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:49 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
As Dave says. New threads are free - use them.
This is a good one, and the time felt right....
Old 04-12-2013, 02:06 AM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger View Post
Time for a kick-start.....
I was going to bump this the other day but I forgot
Old 04-12-2013, 02:57 AM

Elgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineElgood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The biggest factor working in our favour this season is that there are so many teams struggling to find form and consistancy in the Premier League.

I also think our line up could look much stronger in the New Year with Murray`s eventual return and some savvy work in the transfer market. The following line-up isn`t beyond the realms of possiblity and I think would be capable of picking up enough wins at Selhurst to stay up....

-------------Speroni

Ward----Gabs-----Delaney----Moxey

---------------Jedi

Bolaise--Bannan--Williams---Zaha

--------------Murray
Old 04-12-2013, 12:34 PM

Andrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What a difference 7 years makes!

What a lovely reminder of all the positive mental attitudes this board can produce!

7 points out of a possible 12 in the last 4 games. That's European football spot results!

Pulis has a great base after Super Keith Millen steadied the ship and now we can kick on with much needed confidence with 3 clean sheets out of a possible 4 taken!

I for one am delighted with how we are doing so far this season. Well above my expectations and I definitely believe we can stay up and stay for a long time.

Let's keep it going!!

KTF
Old 04-12-2013, 05:24 PM
hey, its just an opinion

Why oh why was the thread split?

Believing is for life, not just for Christmas!

This onemakes no sense on its own.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:28 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
I believe.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:09 PM

silver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 04-12-2013, 06:15 PM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
I said it on the old thread and I will say it on the new thread.

I BELIEVE !

COYP
Old 04-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
barring injuries and gaining some points between now and Jan, I think we'll make it

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:39 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
I found myself unexpectedly thrust into the bosom of the believers camp a couple of weeks ago by virtue of taking umbrage at the assertion by numerous fellow Palace fans that, despite being only 6 (now 3) pts from safety, we had only a 10% chance of safety. Castigated was I, as poster after poster came forth with statistical evidence as to why this was an accurate assessment of our chances.

To their devil numbers I say pish and balderdash! Cast their rotten numeric smells to hell and rejoice as we few, we happy few, we band of brothers stand like greyhounds in the slips, straining upon the start. The game's afoot...follow your spirit, and upon this charge cry 'God for Palace, for Pulis and CPFC2010'.....
Old 05-12-2013, 10:48 AM

Johnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnnydev66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A few points from Tuesday which have reinforced my belief:

1. The team spirit is alive and well (probably mainly down to KM) and the new signings have bought into it.
2. We look dangerous from set pieces (or rather 'secondary' set pieces where we cock up the first one but then deliver a killer ball from the rebound - inspired )
3. We look far more defensively sound, though still prone to playing ourselves into trouble in stupid areas. But this got better as the confidence returned.

http://www.justgiving.com/Johnny-Devereaux2018
Old 21-01-2014, 12:47 AM
hey, its just an opinion

And so it continues...
Old 21-01-2014, 07:55 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I think the manager merry-go-round has worked decisively in our favour.

We have brought in a tried and tested seasoned campaigner at this level, yet the likes of WBA, Cardiff, Fulham and Sunderland are relying on men new to Premiership management, and in the first 3 cases, new to English football management. Massive, massive risk on their part. I guess they're holding on to the thought that Pochetinno has worked out so well for Southampton.
Old 21-01-2014, 08:16 AM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgood View Post
The biggest factor working in our favour this season is that there are so many teams struggling to find form and consistancy in the Premier League.

I also think our line up could look much stronger in the New Year with Murray`s eventual return and some savvy work in the transfer market. The following line-up isn`t beyond the realms of possiblity and I think would be capable of picking up enough wins at Selhurst to stay up....

-------------Speroni

---------------Jedi

--------------Murray
That would be a weaker team than Saturdays team.
Old 21-01-2014, 09:42 AM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgood View Post

-------------Speroni

---------------Jedi

--------------Murray
Even Holloway wouldn't pick a team with a midfield as small and attacking as that (apart from Williams).
Old 09-03-2014, 02:34 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
A place for the majority of us to take refuge from the insane, machine gun wielding Anders Breiviks impressionists, who seem to be starting new threads with the regularity of toilet trips for tourists in Mumbai.

Some of us are just pleased to be here, you know.

And many more are delighted to be lying in 16th place at the start of March.

And many, many more have the foresight and rationality not to smash our heads against the eject button after a 1-0 defeat to a damn good side.

Let us edify our thoughts here against the madness outside.

Last edited by tasty_snacks; 09-03-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:03 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
A place for the majority of us to take refuge from the insane, machine gun wielding Anders Breiviks impressionists, who seem to be starting new threads with the regularity of toilet trips for tourists in Mumbai.

And many, many more have the foresight and rationality not to smash our heads against the eject button after a 1-0 defeat to a damn good side.

Yes Tasty, must admit I only need to read the title of some threads and that's enough negativity for me.
Southampton are a good side and losing 1-0 to them thru only a stupid goal doesn't make us rubbish. The level of vitriol on here against certain players is disproportionate.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post

Quite. It's the Danny Boys of this world, who don't even go to games, that seem to revel in slagging off the club at every opportunity.

Frankly I can't believe we're still in it at this stage. It's brilliant