Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
UK Ice Hockey

Anyone on here into it?

I went to my first Streatham Redskins game on Saturday and absolutely loved it. The new rink is great, there was a big crowd and the match ended 6-6 with proper drama (goal not given, then given to which the away team players went mental and threw stuff on rink and lashed out at the ref) so it was definitely a good first game to see.

Plus the Streatham Captain is a Palace fan, so that's a good start.

I sort of follow the NHL, but definitely going to get into the Streatham team more.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:53 PM

Halfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHalfwayline will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Cool. Can you please post a link to the fixtures. Been to a game in New York in 1999. Was hoping to attend one here. Thanks.

Edit: Found them To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 06-01-2014, 12:55 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not the question you asked but I used to go to Streatham in the golden years to watch the great Canadian teams.

Ice Hockey is a fantastic sport,fast moving,incidents all the time.

When Streatham ruled,they played a team named Brighton Tigers,their star player was Bobby Lee and Streathams star defenceman was Art Hodgins....Hodgins checked Lee so hard that the huge bolts holding the barrier gate onto the ice gave way and lee ended up among the spectators!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 12:59 PM

-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think the captain your on about is Joe Johnston? Top bloke and a big palace fan. Hopefully the new rink can attract some more fans as its an excellent sport and addictive once exposed to it.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:02 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
I've always enjoyed playing NHL games and I've started watching games on a TV channel called Premier Sports.

I must admit I never knew there was any ice hockey in this country!
Old 06-01-2014, 01:06 PM
3.30 down the Bowl

Disco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Invicta Dynamos had a season where they played in a red and blue striped away shirt and a white homeshirt with red and blue on the shoulders (like the 2nd venables era addidas away shirt)
Old 06-01-2014, 01:06 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was big into it around the time the Redskins were last in the top division, which would have been 1987 - 92 ish
I had a season ticket there before I did at Palace, and I even went on a double header road trip to Whitley Bay and Cleveland at that time, as well as plenty of more local trips to Slough and Meadway.

Players I can remember from that time were Craig Melancon and then Kurt Wickenheiser.

I drove past the other day and saw the new rink had been finished, what is it like?
Old 06-01-2014, 01:14 PM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike View Post
I was big into it around the time the Redskins were last in the top division, which would have been 1987 - 92 ish
I had a season ticket there before I did at Palace, and I even went on a double header road trip to Whitley Bay and Cleveland at that time, as well as plenty of more local trips to Slough and Meadway.

Players I can remember from that time were Craig Melancon and then Kurt Wickenheiser.

I drove past the other day and saw the new rink had been finished, what is it like?
Craig Melancon - boy that man could skate!

Others off the top of my head ....

Gary Stefan
Gary Brine
Brian Biddolph
Tony and Adam Goldstone
Jim Johnstone
'Moose' bit of a goon, forgotten his name.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:18 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oh, and I watched plenty of Joe Johnstone, he was a right dirty player and was usually towards the top of the penalty minutes charts.

[Edit] is it the same player? He'd be a couple of years older than me, so would have to be into his 40s now.

Last edited by spike; 06-01-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:35 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Growing up in Streatham I used to go to many of their games when i was younger, glad to hear the new Ice Rink is good, will have to check it out next time im back visiting the folks.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yeah Joe Johnson is the Captain. I was wearing my Palace shirt at the game on Saturday and he stopped during the lap of the rink (where they clap fans) to shout EAGLES at me. Good lad.

Only 8 a game and you're there three hours or so, it's good value for money. Nice rink, got some chants going n'that. Definitely recommend it to anyone local.

Next game is Sunday at 6.45pm I think.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have they had any of the grief that the Washington NFL franchise have had over the use of the name?
Old 08-01-2014, 12:50 PM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fan of NHL here too. I went to see Medway Bears play years ago. Not managed a game since unfortunately. My nearest is Guildford (Flames - I think).
Old 08-01-2014, 01:16 PM

Mitcham 74 is game warden to the rep rhinoMitcham 74 is game warden to the rep rhinoMitcham 74 is game warden to the rep rhinoMitcham 74 is game warden to the rep rhinoMitcham 74 is game warden to the rep rhinoMitcham 74 is game warden to the rep rhinoMitcham 74 is game warden to the rep rhinoMitcham 74 is game warden to the rep rhinoMitcham 74 is game warden to the rep rhinoMitcham 74 is game warden to the rep rhinoMitcham 74 is game warden to the rep rhino
Yes I been following Streatham Redskins for last 10 years, league getting better as a few teams have come down into our league from above because of money.
This week Streatham at home on Sunday 6.45 against Cardiff Devils should be a good one !
Old 08-01-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
Have they had any of the grief that the Washington NFL franchise have had over the use of the name?
Too minor for that to happen, and guess the same sensitivities don't exist over here.

I do remember that the Chicago Blackhawks kicked up a fuss due to the Redskins playing in their kit back when I followed them.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:58 PM

BLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Have taken my boys to a few Peterborough Phantoms games, always good fun to watch.

http://www.signaldrivingschool.co.uk/
http://www.twitter.com/dave_p_bailey

Xbox One gamertag = k1zza4
Old 08-01-2014, 05:02 PM

And from To view the link you have to Register or Login I've learnt:
1. I am confusing him for his uncle Jim Johnston whom I did see play.
2. Even though I've never seen him play, I have utmost respect for him:
Quote:
5 – Favourite football team?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggglllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeessssssssssssssssssssss!

Also known as Crystal Palace, the pride of South London (other than the Redskins)
Have also found To view the link you have to Register or Login which chronicles most of my years of supporting the 'skins: it's all coming back now!
From this, I think I started going regularly in 87/89 and stopped around 92 (when I was at Uni).
Old 08-01-2014, 05:35 PM

drac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravity
Was at the Belfast Giants last monday. Decent bit of hockey, but could tell the players were used to NHL sized rink, instead of the Olympic sized one. More possession hockey than net crashing.

EIHL (Elite League) coverage is on Premier Sports for a Saturday evening game, followed by the NHL. It might improve hockey as a whole here, because Sky only ever showed the final live.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Old School Palace

Pistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitcham 74 View Post
Yes I been following Streatham Redskins for last 10 years, league getting better as a few teams have come down into our league from above because of money.
This week Streatham at home on Sunday 6.45 against Cardiff Devils should be a good one !
Stupid Question alert:

Where do they play? (Streatham ice rink) only I drove past for the 1st time in yonks a couple of weeks ago and it looks like an HUGE Tesco!

How much is it to get in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Can you imagine the sky commentators making some reference to South Londoners enjoying their day out - cut to a 40 year old in full Palace kit dribbling whilst a mexican wave flies past.
http://www.fishfight.net
http://www.fsf.org.uk/

ST Holder:Block D: Lower Homesdale
Old 08-01-2014, 07:12 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight View Post
Stupid Question alert:

Where do they play? (Streatham ice rink) only I drove past for the 1st time in yonks a couple of weeks ago and it looks like an HUGE Tesco!
Its on the same "site" is part of a massive complex, comprising the Tesco Extra store, flats, swimming pool/sports hall/Ice Rink - details here To view the link you have to Register or Login

Was back in Streatham early December not long after it was all opened, looked pretty impressive.