Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
I learned to ice skate there in about '68 and was a fairly regular attendee until the late 70's when I moved away. Shortly after I heard the place had closed down as the ice making gubbings went tits up.

Pretty sure I attended a few games there but it's all a bit hazy. Last game I attended was to see the L.A. Raiders in a grudge match at the Kings Centre in L.A.

As a true sporting encounter, it lay somewhere behind Giant Haystack defeating Big Daddy at the Fairfield Halls on a freezing cold, wet and windy November Saturday afternoon and the Womens Institute speed knitting finals of 2003.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
I went to a few Nottingham Panthers games a few years ago as my sisiter lives up there an dwas into it. My nephe wplayed for their second team as well

Pretty enjoyable stuff, but I went to the opening Chicago Blackhawks Stanley cup game in May last year and that was a whole different kettle of fish. Massive crowds and great atmosphere
Old 08-01-2014, 08:10 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
I take the boys to see Invicta Dynamos about 2-3 times a season, love it.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:26 PM

drac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravity
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
I went to a few Nottingham Panthers games a few years ago as my sisiter lives up there an dwas into it. My nephe wplayed for their second team as well

Pretty enjoyable stuff, but I went to the opening Chicago Blackhawks Stanley cup game in May last year and that was a whole different kettle of fish. Massive crowds and great atmosphere
Completely agree about NHL Playoff games. Had the pleasure of seeing the Rangers against the Caps in the Garden. One of best sporting days I have ever had. Loud and a win.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:28 PM

Redwings vs Maple Leafs was my favourite but have seen Redwings 6-7 times and its immense. Watching NHL with 20000+ hockey fans is something else.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:27 PM

I also got to see these in Stockholm which was fun too

Old 08-01-2014, 09:50 PM

nickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I used to watch the Streatham Redskins back in the 80s - anyone remember my favourite player Erskine Douglas?

I now live in Nottingham where the Panthers are a big team. Fingers crossed the new Redskins are successful and get a good local following,
"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michaelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace - and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock."
Old 08-01-2014, 10:44 PM

drac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravitydrac234cpfc has found the source of gravity
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmurphy30 View Post
I used to watch the Streatham Redskins back in the 80s - anyone remember my favourite player Erskine Douglas?

I now live in Nottingham where the Panthers are a big team. Fingers crossed the new Redskins are successful and get a good local following,
The Panthers are bloody good team. Too bad about Joe Jensen though. Weird to retire at this stage of the season.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:27 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Been to watch the Chelmsford Chieftains a fair few times, not a massively popular sport over here so it's usually a top quality evenings entertainment for a very reasonable cost.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 09-01-2014, 08:42 AM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Pity there's so little TV coverage I have SKY so assume it's on ESPN?
Old 09-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Big Islanders fan, been to six games in four visits to New York. Not sure how I feel about them moving to Brooklyn, it saves a trek over to Hempstead but The Colisseum is like Selhurst, a bit run down but it feels like home.

Never been to a game in the UK though, hoping they'll set up a team in Brighton one day.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter View Post
Pity there's so little TV coverage I have SKY so assume it's on ESPN?
Nope. Premier Sports for all hockey minus World Championships and Spengler Cup which is on Eurosport. They have EIHL and NHL.

Think it is a club by club basis for EPIHL, who usually do live streams. (The one with Bracknell Bees, Guildford Flames ect).

Then you have the nonexistent coverage of NIHL (Streatham Redskins ect.)
Old 11-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Have taken my eldest to a couple of Braehead Clan games in the EIHL. She loves it (but thankfully, not as much as she loves Palace). I enjoy it, even if the standard is nowhere near top level. It's a bit different attending games where I don't really have a rooting interest other than my daughter's happiness.
Old 13-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Went again last night to see Streatham play Cardiff. 1-0 after 29 seconds but ended up winning 6-2 and their unbeaten streak is eight games now.

Was great fun again, really would recommend to anyone who is considering going.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If anyone local is at a loose end, Streatham are in a Cup Semi tonight at home. Face-off is at half 5 and it's against Invicta from Kent. Should be a good 'un!
Old 11-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Slip it!

New season starts on Saturday, Streatham at home to MK Thunder. It's a 5.30 start so a bit of a squeeze to get there after Palace, but should be a good one.

I interviewed the Captain, a massive Palace fan, for the new issue of Flying High too, which is out on Saturday at the game (plug plug) - To view the link you have to Register or Login - he's a top bloke, loves the Palace and really wants to see more Palace fans at the Streatham games.
Old 29-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Slip it!

Gonna give this thread another bump as there's a big game on Saturday as Streatham, who are currently top and unbeaten in nine games, are at home to Chelmsford, who are usually the big boys and favourites to win everything at that level.

There's no Palace, it's a 5.30 face-off so you'll be done by half 8 and it really is a lot of fun. Like I mentioned before, the Captain is a massive Palace fan and would love to see more of us down at the games.

Updates here: To view the link you have to Register or Login and you can get tickets online here: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-11-2014, 09:58 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just last week went to watch the Rangers at MSG, never really gave the sport a second glance but loved it. I might try and get in a few Guilford Flames games.
Old 29-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Slip it!

Streatham made the end of season play-offs this year and will be at home in the first leg this coming Saturday. No Palace, so definitely worth going along to support. They're in good form and scoring a lot of goals (just beat the team in fourth 7-2 away) and there's bound to be lots of action.
Old 29-03-2015, 01:09 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I saw the Guildford Flames a couple of weeks ago; was really good fun and I'll definitely go back next season. I was surprised at how well supported it was; there were 1600 people at the game.