Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 29-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
I saw the Guildford Flames a couple of weeks ago; was really good fun and I'll definitely go back next season. I was surprised at how well supported it was; there were 1600 people at the game.
Streatham's best player (and league's Player of the Year last season) just signed for Guildford, his name is Calum Best... not that one obviously.

They just announced the fixtures for the new season and there's a decent amount that don't clash with Palace so worth coming down to check them out.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Little interview with the Streatham Captain (and Palace fan) about the season ahead and the similarities between Streatham and Palace for the FH site: To view the link you have to Register or Login

No Palace game on Sunday, so well worth the tenner to go and see Streatham play against Bracknell!
Old 21-11-2016, 05:03 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Might make my first visit to see Streatham on Sunday, anyone else here go regularly or been recently?
Old 21-11-2016, 08:16 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I remember back in the 80's pre sky you used to get some games on the beeb, Durham Wasps, Fife Flyers..

My only exposure was 2003, I went to the London Arena (now defunct) to watch the London Knights (now defunct)

I was bored shitless and the beers didn't help, there was no real bar area and everyone piled out afterwards, a weird set up that stadium, I concluded afterwards that Ice Hockey wasn't for me!
Old 02-12-2016, 12:31 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I went to Streatham for the first time on Sunday evening. Great game agains London Raiders that somehow ended 0-0!. Good atmosphere and good facilities and beer too. Will be going again this Sunday. Go Redhawks
Old 02-12-2016, 01:48 PM
Slip it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Brown View Post
I went to Streatham for the first time on Sunday evening. Great game agains London Raiders that somehow ended 0-0!. Good atmosphere and good facilities and beer too. Will be going again this Sunday. Go Redhawks
Weyyyy. Yeah 0-0s basically never happen so you picked a funny old day to watch them. Was a good game though, really enjoyed it. We should be winning on Sunday against Solent, they're not as good as Romford (I ain't calling them London, ha) but put up a decent fist of it last weekend, so should be entertaining.

I can guarantee it won't be 0-0 again!
Old 02-12-2016, 01:50 PM
Slip it!

Quote:
Might make my first visit to see Streatham on Sunday, anyone else here go regularly or been recently?
Oh and I go to all the home games that Palace leave me free. The Captain of the team is Palace, Joe Johnston, so give him some cheers when you're there.

Saturdays are a bit more kid-friendly, because it's an earlier start (5.30pm) but the atmosphere always tends to be good on both days.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Born in South London

Went again on Sunday, made up for the 0-0 with a 9-1 win against Solent
Old 06-12-2016, 04:21 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As I said earlier on this thread I used to watch Streatham in the post war golden years when their were only a few NHL teams. NYR-Detroit-Chicago-Montreal-Toronto and Boston,Many of these players had links to NHL teams but with so few teams a chance to play was very limited. Art Hodgins of Streatham was offered NHL terms but preferred to stay in the UK for the rest of his life.

I started my son into supporting Palace at a very young age and he very very rarely misses a game home or away.

So pleased that he has taken to Hockey ( he was at the Stanley cup final last year) and now joy of joys he now follows Streatham--He watched the 9-1 at the week end.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:33 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I saw the Flames a couple of years ago, was really good fun and I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the crowd. Will have to go again.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Slip it!

Was a decent game on Sunday, obviously very one-sided but the Scarbrough/Fisher/Webb line looked great. Scarzy and Fish were two of our best players when I first started going a few years ago, so it's brilliant to see them getting back to form playing alongside each other.

Favourite goal of the game though was the final one as the assist from Joe Johnston means he is now the second in the all-time points (goals + assists) list in Streatham's history.
Old 13-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Born in South London

Plenty of hockey coming at at Streatham
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C19OItyWgAQjFhX.jpg (41.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 13-01-2017, 11:43 AM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abjekt View Post
Was a decent game on Sunday, obviously very one-sided but the Scarbrough/Fisher/Webb line looked great. Scarzy and Fish were two of our best players when I first started going a few years ago, so it's brilliant to see them getting back to form playing alongside each other.

Favourite goal of the game though was the final one as the assist from Joe Johnston means he is now the second in the all-time points (goals + assists) list in Streatham's history.

Ah, I went to this game!

Don't go often (even less so now that I'm moving) but always really enjoy it there.
Old 13-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Slip it!

Quote:
Plenty of hockey coming at at Streatham
Glad it's back, though I won't be there on Saturday as I'll be watching Palace (no doubt lose) at West Aaaaaaam.

We finished off very strongly under the new coach, so I'm hoping we pick up where we left off!
Old 17-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Born in South London

Mixed weekend, whacked 7-0 at home to Oxford, who we had spanked before Christmas, only to go to second placed Invicta on Sunday and win 3-1! It's a funny old game...

Double header against Bracknell at the weekend, I'll probably go to Streatham on Sunday evening.
Old 18-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Slip it!

Was at West Ham so didn't make it to Oxford game but a shame with the result considering there was such a big crowd there. One of those nights by the sound of it and certainly turned it around against the old enemy.

I'll be there on Sunday, expecting the two points at home, really should be getting the same away n'all.
Old 20-01-2017, 12:36 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Haven't been to ice hockey in the UK but follow the fortunes of Streatham in the SLP. Last Friday my son took me to see Sparta Prague play Karlovy Vary in the O2 arena in Prague. I can see why the sport is popular with families - great to take your kids (and your ageing parents!). Great to be able to drink while watching the match as well.
Old 23-01-2017, 09:21 AM
Born in South London

Come down to Streatham Ruskin I'll buy you a pint and the kids a pop

4 point weekend vs Bracknell Hornets, though both extremely close games.
Amazing finish last night, winning with a shorthanded goal with 30 seconds left.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Slip it!

Wasn't a great game last night, very scrappy and some extremely dubious calls from the officials (that call against Johnston at the end for the cleanest hit I've ever seen in particular) but a great shorthanded finish to win it.

I'll even forgive Besty the dab celebration... just this once.
Old 23-01-2017, 07:32 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Back in the days when Streatham were the top team in the country Laurie Scott (ex England and Arsenal) who was the Palace manager took the Palace team to watch Streatham.

Cannot believe just how bad the supporters chant was for Streatham.

2468 who do we appreciate S.T.R.E.A.T.H.A.M---Streatham....Eatem Raw.