Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:00 AM

wandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroniwandering star is the cheese to my macaroni
Should the HF and B Block relocate.?

For a little Sunday debate , would anyone agree the HF should relocate to the block behind the goal in the Holmesdale Lower.

Pundits and commentators have all commentated about the noisy fans in the corner and how intimidating Selhurst is and how well they get behindthe team.

At present it seems only when a visiting player goes to take a corner by Block A do the players get a load of stick.

A more central core group behind the goal would ramp up the atmosphere further a la wembley play off final and others would follow the HF lead. Dortmund ultras are situated right behind the goal and do a great job.

I appreciate its not likelyto happen logistically but we need to create ideas to make Selhurst even more of a Fortress and increase further our great support's reputation

I am no part of the HF but love their enthusiasm and wish they were around 35 years ago! Any one agree
Old 06-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
I think they'd be better off in Block D too, but they originated in Block B, so that is their choice.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:29 AM

El Jefe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Jefe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Jefe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Jefe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Jefe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Jefe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Jefe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Jefe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Jefe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Jefe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl Jefe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's true what you say, if they were placed centrally there would be opportunity for the surrounding blocks to get even more involved, as opposed to just one side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 10:34 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
They stand for 90 minutes, wouldn't that just cause problems if they were in the middle
Old 06-04-2014, 10:35 AM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't know about moving the core of the group, to be honest I think this will cause more problems than its worth. We also have too many season tickets for it to be logistically possible in the premiership. However, what I think would be interesting is if they opened membership to blocks C and D aswell. Both blocks have stood all season and don't have the same singing core as block B but by expanding it may attract more younger fans to that area of the ground to further enhance the atmosphere.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:39 AM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I stand in Block D already. Block E is directly behind the goal.

Don't think it would make sense to move those currently in Block B. Would create too much bad feeling amongst those fans who were being asked to move.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I understand the logic behind the suggestion, but it isn't going to happen. The main reason, as others have pointed out, is that there are many settled season ticket holders in the central area, who will not want to move (and why indeed should they?)

Also, being in the corner, standing is far less of an issue. If everyone stood in the central block, it would inevitably mean that the whole of the lower Holmesdale would be standing (or obstructed).

What we really need is an expanded 'safe' standing area. There are absolutely no sensible arguments against safe standing - there are only emotional and political reasons for objecting to it. I would like to think that eventually common sense will prevail and the authorities will accept that it is impossible to prevent sections of fans standing (including most away fans), so the responsible thing to do is to acknowledge that and make standing as safe and comfortable as possible.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:44 AM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_the_eagle View Post
I don't know about moving the core of the group, to be honest I think this will cause more problems than its worth. We also have too many season tickets for it to be logistically possible in the premiership. However, what I think would be interesting is if they opened membership to blocks C and D aswell. Both blocks have stood all season and don't have the same singing core as block B but by expanding it may attract more younger fans to that area of the ground to further enhance the atmosphere.
C & D have stood and sung all season.

Don't think we've done at all badly for atmosphere this season.

Heres a tip... if you want to sing; try singing from wherever your seat is. You might find people join in.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:44 AM
Lost in translation

BBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is here
HF will never move from Block B, it's been said loads of times.

The standing has spread across the stand, last season it was just A, B & half of C and now it's gone further.

Last edited by BBK; 06-04-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Why move them if we have a couple of years in the prem it will grow and more people will join in thats why I moved from F to D next season and eventually it will spread.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:48 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
No as they will block the view of fans either side of them who prefer to sit and in any event the club would never forcibly move the existing season ticket holders who currently sit there.

I know they have switched the away fans around but I doubt that there were many season ticket holders in that area in the first place.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 06-04-2014, 10:59 AM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Wouldn't be possible now unfortunately. It would need a new stadium/new stand I think but you're right, being behind the goal would be perfect for spreading the atmosphere/visual element.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:34 AM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle-leg View Post
C & D have stood and sung all season.

Don't think we've done at all badly for atmosphere this season.

Heres a tip... if you want to sing; try singing from wherever your seat is. You might find people join in.
I know they have. That's why I suggested they expand membership into them blocks too. My point was it is possible for people to be able to get tickets in them blocks, whereas it's virtually impossible for anyone to get a ticket in block b now. Which has left us in the situation where we're paying people to stand in our own aisles.

On the point of singing all I was saying is that blocks C and D don't sing as much as B and if HF expanded it may spread the songs better.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:53 AM

apple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
HF will never move from Block B, it's been said loads of times.

The standing has spread across the stand, last season it was just A, B & half of C and now it's gone further.
Why should they, also I will never move from Block E.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Old 06-04-2014, 12:18 PM

Skin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't see why not, blocks A-C quickly became the singing area after the stand was built in 95 because of the proximity of the away fans, now that isn't an issue. Although rather than the hassle of changing seats it might be more realistic for the HF to increase their membership and newcomers to take seats in block D.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:33 PM

joecpfc1 knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfjoecpfc1 knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfjoecpfc1 knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfjoecpfc1 knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfjoecpfc1 knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfjoecpfc1 knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfjoecpfc1 knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfjoecpfc1 knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfjoecpfc1 knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfjoecpfc1 knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfjoecpfc1 knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
I don't think they should re-locate
Old 06-04-2014, 12:39 PM

MARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My seat is in Block D row 21 and we have not sat in our seats all season
Old 06-04-2014, 02:02 PM

morrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
how about we make the liverpool game we all stand for 90mins?
Old 06-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've always had a bit of a problem with people sitting in the middle of the stand and not singing etc., having always stood in the middle of the Holmesdale in the 70s and 80s with plenty of like-minded people vocally supporting the team (best we could without a roof).

I mean, what do they do all match, watch the football or something?

One of the reasons I relocated to the Arthur; delighted that the singing is spreading across, a lot of it is down to the drummer slowing things down so that others can join in.

Last edited by Buglebob; 06-04-2014 at 02:17 PM.