Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:31 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
Don't see why not, blocks A-C quickly became the singing area after the stand was built in 95 because of the proximity of the away fans, now that isn't an issue. Although rather than the hassle of changing seats it might be more realistic for the HF to increase their membership and newcomers to take seats in block D.
Do they really have members? Just fill the corner in and extend into the Arthur.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 06-04-2014, 06:13 PM

Grey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For the reasons stated by others I don't think this suggested move could or would happen. Being in Block B the HF don't obstruct other people who don't want to stand.

As for improving the atmosphere I would make two observations:

1) A Chelsea fan I know went to the game last week and said it had been many years since he had been to a ground where so many people were singing and where the atmosphere was so good.

2) once the ground has been redeveloped and the roof at the Holmesdale is (hopefully) lowered, the place will be rocking even more. I think a lot of the sound generated by the HF is lost due to the high roof and the open corner next to Block B.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:21 PM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What the hell is HF Membership and why would you need it?

Can you not simply turn up and sing the Palace songs without membership.

By the way, it's virtually impossible to buy match tickets in blocks C & D anyway (or in fact most of the Lower Holmesdale).
Old 06-04-2014, 06:25 PM

Kevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think people are forgetting that the area in behind the goal is already taken up by existing season ticket holders. I don't think they would be impressed of they were told they had to relocate to another part of the ground to make way for the HF.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:48 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No
Old 06-04-2014, 08:15 PM

snibz99 has got sunshine in a bagsnibz99 has got sunshine in a bagsnibz99 has got sunshine in a bagsnibz99 has got sunshine in a bagsnibz99 has got sunshine in a bagsnibz99 has got sunshine in a bagsnibz99 has got sunshine in a bagsnibz99 has got sunshine in a bagsnibz99 has got sunshine in a bagsnibz99 has got sunshine in a bagsnibz99 has got sunshine in a bag
My seat is in Block D. I don't think I've touched it once this season
Old 06-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Cato the Elder

SamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle-leg View Post
What the hell is HF Membership and why would you need it?

Can you not simply turn up and sing the Palace songs without membership
Yes, of course you can.
Old 28-02-2018, 06:54 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering star View Post
For a little Sunday debate , would anyone agree the HF should relocate to the block behind the goal in the Holmesdale Lower.

Pundits and commentators have all commentated about the noisy fans in the corner and how intimidating Selhurst is and how well they get behindthe team.

At present it seems only when a visiting player goes to take a corner by Block A do the players get a load of stick.

A more central core group behind the goal would ramp up the atmosphere further a la wembley play off final and others would follow the HF lead. Dortmund ultras are situated right behind the goal and do a great job.

I appreciate its not likelyto happen logistically but we need to create ideas to make Selhurst even more of a Fortress and increase further our great support's reputation

I am no part of the HF but love their enthusiasm and wish they were around 35 years ago! Any one agree
Got your wish on your birthday

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:21 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
The best idea would be to fill in the corner.
For noise, due to the low roof, fans in the AW have the greatest effect.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:45 AM

alf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I chose my seat in LT E Block when the stand reopened so that I could shout and sing and my abuse and encouragement could hopefully be heard from the pitch.

I join in the singing as do those around me. I wouldn't want to be relocated. I'm not sure that moving HF centrally would improve the atmosphere. However, I'm sure the players winning a few home games would!

In the past we've sung 'til we're hoarse and still the players haven't responded. I'm not sure if moving HF to behind the goal would improve the atmosphere or results but it would upset a lot of long term supporters if they were asked to move.

1. If redesigned would the current E Blockers be given first choice to buy season tickets for the same area behind the goal?

2. If you don't sing would you be removed from the new area?

I'm not sure what is happening regarding renewal of next season's ticket as I have not received any communication from the Club as yet. Have I been overlooked?
Old 28-02-2018, 08:07 AM
Mmmm Danone!

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Why has this thread been bumped? Is the 32 page thread not enough?
Old 28-02-2018, 08:11 AM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seems that safer standing area at the back would not have seats,I assume it's a bar you rest on,seating lower down
Yes seems you would get choice to stay
Old 28-02-2018, 08:13 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
Why has this thread been bumped? Is the 32 page thread not enough?
I bumped it because this is a separate issue and I was interested how many would be actively opposed to it happening or support it. No biggie surely?

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 28-02-2018, 08:23 AM
I believe in Sørloth

Raggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I understand the reasons why some LT season ticket holders in blocks C and D will be aggrieved, but for the good of the club and its atmosphere, the HF have to move behind the goal.

I realise that a lot of non-HF in blocks C and D already contribute to the atmosphere and sing their hearts out. BUT anyone who attends Selhurst regularly can see that the HF are at the core and instigate most of the singing. Being in the middle would make it easier for that atmosphere to spread.
Old 28-02-2018, 09:10 AM
Block E, for now anyway

peterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
But surely where they are now makes it easier to spread into the Arthur as well, if they are in the middle they will only affect the people in the lower Holmesdale, and p**s off a lot of long term supporters, myself included, who currently occupy Block E
Old 28-02-2018, 09:42 AM
and this is what he said

Ash Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is here
For those saying the HF originated in block B, while that might be true, block B has always been the vocal corner. I sat in block B when the Holmesdale stand opened for a few seasons. Atmosphere's are organic, they cannot be forced.
Old 28-02-2018, 10:30 AM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alf View Post
I chose my seat in LT E Block when the stand reopened so that I could shout and sing and my abuse and encouragement could hopefully be heard from the pitch.

I join in the singing as do those around me. I wouldn't want to be relocated. I'm not sure that moving HF centrally would improve the atmosphere. However, I'm sure the players winning a few home games would!

In the past we've sung 'til we're hoarse and still the players haven't responded. I'm not sure if moving HF to behind the goal would improve the atmosphere or results
/rantbegins

Good points - there are some people on here who seem to think that the whole of E Block spend all match sitting tightly on their hands with their mouths gagged, and only under the enlightened leadership of the HF will they be persuaded to rouse from their stupor.

Which is patently untrue. We may not keep up the incessant drum-driven drone that emanates from Block B for 90 minutes, but there's plenty of noise coming out of E Block for significant amounts of the game.

And the majority of us don't have to stand up to generate it.

/rantover
Old 28-02-2018, 10:41 AM

libran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Rome View Post
/rantbegins

Good points - there are some people on here who seem to think that the whole of E Block spend all match sitting tightly on their hands with their mouths gagged, and only under the enlightened leadership of the HF will they be persuaded to rouse from their stupor.

Which is patently untrue. We may not keep up the incessant drum-driven drone that emanates from Block B for 90 minutes, but there's plenty of noise coming out of E Block for significant amounts of the game.

And the majority of us don't have to stand up to generate it.

/rantover
I see your points, but it shouldn't be framed as an us vs them and become divisive as every fan is entitled to play their role as they see fit.

But the atmosphere has undoubtedly suffered and is miles away from where it could and should be. So if there are plans that we can all be part of to try and play to our strengths and recapture a bit of the noise and spirit of before somehow then we really should at least entertain it.

Last edited by libran; 28-02-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 28-02-2018, 11:05 AM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by libran View Post
I see your points, but it shouldn't be framed as an us vs them and become divisive as every fan is entitled to play their role as they see fit.

But the atmosphere has undoubtedly suffered and is miles away from where it could and should be. So if there are plans that we can all be part of to try and play to our strengths and recapture a bit of the noise and spirit of before somehow then we really should at least entertain it.
Agreed. I think I would prefer to see the Holmesdale Lower left alone for now though, and see the safe standing trial behind the other goal in the Whitehorse first, next to the away fans. It could then be rolled out in the lower tier at a later date as well without impacting as many people. It would still impact on those of us in the whitehorse of course, but we clearly don't matter based on the main stand plans. At least we could all relocate en masse to that vacated corner. Whichever way you do it it's going to upset some folk as I see it.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 28-02-2018, 12:01 PM

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes move them to behind the goal and create the atmosphere that the fuddy duddys don't bother doing.