Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 15-06-2014, 10:22 AM
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post
It really wasn't 6.5 million upfront. If it had been it would represent the single worst transfer decision of all time.
It wasn't all up front but that is the money Peterborough were guaranteed in instalments.
Old 15-06-2014, 10:26 AM

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
It wasn't all up front but that is the money Peterborough were guaranteed in instalments.
Are you sure that it was "guaranteed" as opposed to being performance related. I understand there is a hefty fee due if Gayle plays for England.
Old 15-06-2014, 10:29 AM

rainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is here
Quote:
It really wasn't 6.5 million upfront. If it had been it would represent the single worst transfer decision of all time.
To be fair even if we did pay 6.5 mil up front? it would look like a good decision now surely!
Old 15-06-2014, 10:31 AM

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_child View Post
To be fair even if we did pay 6.5 mil up front? it would look like a good decision now surely!
Are you serious? I think it would look like one of the worst decisions in our transfer history.
Old 15-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Are you sure that it was "guaranteed" as opposed to being performance related. I understand there is a hefty fee due if Gayle plays for England.
Jasper is correct about it not being upfront - I didn't mean we paid it all straight away but the fee will reach that. Yes there's a fee if Gayle plays for England too.

Interesting story about Caulker here

To view the link you have to Register or Login

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 15-06-2014, 10:35 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Are you serious? I think it would look like one of the worst decisions in our transfer history.
I'm not too sure about, it's not like he's absolute shit. In fact, he's class. When he has played he's performed, plain and simple. Pulis has gradually brought him into the swing of things to avoid hefty pressure put upon him. Natural finishers these days cost an arm and a leg, particularly if they're English. We have a real gem in Gayle who is only going to get better. If he scores 15+ goals next season his value could quite easily double or possibly even treble what we've paid.

When you consider what Norwich paid for Van Wolfswinkel I'd say that is poor business.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 15-06-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Jasper is correct about it not being upfront - I didn't mean we paid it all straight away but the fee will reach that. Yes there's a fee if Gayle plays for England too.

Interesting story about Caulker here

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Apologies - I'll get back 'on thread'.

Sounds like a very sensible kid. Bellamy is heavily involved in Sierra Leone as well I believe.

Personally I would always prefer to see us sign players who will likely get better and offer some resale value. We have a relatively ageing team and we are going to have to succession plan very carefully. Often it's a clubs failure to adequately plan for 2,3,4 seasons in the future that sees them relegated e.g. Bolton, Fulham etc.

So this would be an excellent signing but I would have expected him to have higher ambitions.

Last edited by McpfcS; 15-06-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 15-06-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
I'm not too sure about, it's not like he's absolute shit. In fact, he's class. When he has played he's performed, plain and simple. Pulis has gradually brought him into the swing of things to avoid hefty pressure put upon him. Natural finishers these days cost an arm and a leg, particularly if they're English. We have a real gem in Gayle who is only going to get better. If he scores 15+ goals next season his value could quite easily double or possibly even treble what we've paid.

When you consider what Norwich paid for Van Wolfswinkel I'd say that is poor business.
I too think Dwight is a very decent prospect and you're right he could easily be worth 10-15m with one good season. But 6.5m at present looks like a heavily inflated fee.
Old 15-06-2014, 10:55 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Nitty gritty. If we buy him it will be to replace Damo in the first team rather than to give cover - long term partnership rather than one that may be for one or two seasons. I love Delaney but we all want upgrades. That would give us superb cover and of course Delaney (often forgotten) can also play left back (looked OK for Ireland when he switched there in a game). Upgrading your team can be very difficult when it impacts on such iconic players.
Old 15-06-2014, 12:38 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Cardiff didnt exactly have the best of defenses last season. Im fairly confident that Pulis can work his magic on any defender with genuine talent but how do we feel Caulker himself performed as an individual in an overall poor unit?
Old 15-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's young enough and has shown enough potential previously that, with TP's coaching, he'd be an excellent buy, despite being awful for the last few months of last season at least.

However, I think he'll look to avoid clubs in the bottom half of the league and would rather recover his reputation (even if he has to be a rotation choice) at a bigger club.
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 15-06-2014, 01:00 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
Cardiff didnt exactly have the best of defenses last season. Im fairly confident that Pulis can work his magic on any defender with genuine talent but how do we feel Caulker himself performed as an individual in an overall poor unit?
Caulker worries me. I know people have always raved about his potential and I'm sure he's an got an excellent defender in him somewhere. However if you watch the highlights from the last few months of Cardiff last season you'll see how many goals they gave away because Caulker went missing and left his man unmarked in and around his own penalty area.

Still I'm sure TP can sort him out.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 15-06-2014, 01:09 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This doesn't make sense. We have Dann and Delaney. Delaney has a year left in him. Plus Mcarthy for experienced cover. Both are under contract for 14/15. If anything, we need a kid from the lower league or from a less fashionable foreign league that shows promise that we can get cheap. We should be looking to splurge on a defender next season when Delaney is out of contract and takes on the Mcarthy role of experienced backup while Mcarthy moves on.
Old 15-06-2014, 01:25 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynlou View Post
This doesn't make sense. We have Dann and Delaney. Delaney has a year left in him. Plus Mcarthy for experienced cover. Both are under contract for 14/15. If anything, we need a kid from the lower league or from a less fashionable foreign league that shows promise that we can get cheap. We should be looking to splurge on a defender next season when Delaney is out of contract and takes on the Mcarthy role of experienced backup while Mcarthy moves on.
I don't think MaCarthy is anywhere near good enough to play in the prem, I thought he was nothing more than an average championship player. If Danns or Delaney get injured on the 1st September we are ****ed. I think we need a player that is Danns level to come in and compete with Delaney for a starting place. Last year we were very lucky with injuries. In modern football you need depth and quality right across the squad.
Old 15-06-2014, 01:25 PM

maestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I dont think so

6.5 million for a guy who would have easily scored 12-15 goals last season had he played every game is cheap!

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 15-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynlou View Post
What happens if one of Danns or Delaney get a long term injury? or completely lose form? This is the premiership and Palace are always going to be on the edge of the relegation zone, we need 3 or 4 competent center backs at the club, not only as backup but also to push those in the team. As an up and coming young player we have Innes, but he may be a season or two away.
Old 15-06-2014, 01:34 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
It would also be nice to have the added depth to get some rotation going if we feel like trying for a serious cup run this season. Nothing worse than busting a gut in a cup game only to lose and find a key player injured
Old 15-06-2014, 01:40 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Caulker would be a great signing, he has potential, International pedigree, and an upgrade despite Delaney's fantastic performances last season. Not sure about the fee though, we must be realistic however and realise that proven players come at a cost. He would certainly break our wages ceiling too.
Old 15-06-2014, 01:48 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Would be a great signing
Old 15-06-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Clearly a very good player. Will we get him? Doubtful
Closed Thread